Start by marking “Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna, #1)

Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The Chronicles of Anna Book 1

As a teen Anna Creed discovers she can time travel; a trick she uses to ‘jump’ from one place to another with no apparent passage of time. All she needs are two wheels, speed and nerves of steel. Now eight years later she’s alone and pregnant when her secret power takes control to save her life. Injured and confused Anna finds herself in the ar
Published January 20th 2012 by Blue Swell Books (first published November 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Expectations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Expectations

Susan Jackson
Thirty pages into this book I stopped and rubbed my hands together.

She didn't did she?

I quickly skimmed through and found it -- Paul, the head of his house - check. The knife - check. The voice - check. The time travel - check. The Lady - check. Reading the lines - check. The evil Baron - check. The importance of water - check. The desert - check.

Oh My God.

Then I quickly went to her website and found that, yes indeed, there were three more completed or in various states of completion.

Oh My God,
Solm8
It's a really well written book, great story and story lines. Amazing characters! I totally recommend this book.
G.G.
While I might be inclined to classify Deadly Expectations as science fiction, I'd prefer a less aggressive approach and call it a true Paranormal. Sure, Anna has the gift of time-travel, but she doesn't need a special machine to do it. Along with that, many characters in the story are reincarnations from previous lives. Who they are, or why or how they can do it and remember their past lives, is something we don't know. However, I have hopes that the sequels might give us more insight about them ...more
Mortira
Is it fair to begin a review with "I tried really hard to finish this book."?

A lot of writers create suspense by keeping the reader in the dark about what's going on. It's not so much telling a story, but dangling it just out of reach. To do this successfully, one needs characters that are interesting and likeable. They fill in the holes until the plot is finally, mercifully revealed.

Unfortunately, Anna and Paul are not interesting or likeable. Neither of them has any appealing qualities that re
Jamie
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I feel really bad for not having finished it, but I value my time very highly, and I just could not get into the book.

It was very difficult for me to follow what was going on in the story. There were several times where I would read a paragraph or two and literally say "what the hell?" because I just didn't know what was going on. I didn't find anything likable about the characters either. They just didn't seem real to me. The way they talked and t
Nelly
I downloaded a free copy of her small story Stone and thought it was deliciously horrific and so I downloaded her Yellow Dress also for free and I loved it.

So I bought Deadly Expectations about a week ago and I just finished it. I thought Anna was similar to Agatha Christie's Miss Jane Marple in that she explores her world through dialogue and through her we come to know her world.

It's really hard to put your finger exactly what type of book this is because it has a bit of science fiction in it
Smuloin
Could hardly put this book down!! This was a fantastic read. So unlike anything I've read before. Truly unpredictable. Looking forward to more from this author.
Deadly Expectations (The Chronicles of Anna, #1) by Elizabeth Munro
Deadly Expectations
Elizabeth Munro
Jamie Lagenbrunner
I was expecting a little bit more in sport bikes and it had not as much motorcycle action as I wanted.

But it was at times pretty scary and it is very addictive because it's almost all dialogue so you really read through it quickly but it's a huge book.

The ending was believable I don't want to spoil it. It seemed fairly realistic for something that's an obvious fantasy.

It's a pretty good escape in my opinion.
Debbie Thurlo
The more I read, the more I liked it. Sometimes it was a bit confusing but everything is eventually explained. I'm looking forward to reading Deadly Deceptions, The Chronicles of Anna Book 2.

I won this book through a GoodReads First Read giveaway. It makes a fine addition to my growing library.
Marissa
If you enjoyed "The Time Traveler's Wife" you'll LOVE this book! It's a fast paced, time traveling whirl wind full of intrigue. It takes you on an intense, page turning ride and you'll be thinking about it long after you put the book down.
Linley Subryan
a wonderfully ambitious first novel! Rich characters and truly unexpected twists and turns kept me engaged. A real page-turner once it picks up steam by mid-way through!!
Cheryl
Mar 01, 2012 Cheryl marked it as to-read
First book in a series. Gotta have it.
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Dewanna L. Durbin
Dewanna L. Durbin marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Candy Jones
Candy Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Bob & Sherri
Bob & Sherri marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Kyra Benson
Kyra Benson marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Chalaina
Chalaina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Wildwitchca
Wildwitchca marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Madge
Madge marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Jknick
Jknick marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Fringe Fiction: Deadly Expectations 1 3 Dec 08, 2014 05:34PM
Indie Book Club: Free Thriller 2 9 Mar 30, 2012 11:11AM
  • Unleashed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #1-3) (The MacLauchlan Berserkers, #1-3)
  • The Aberration
  • Only in Time
  • Disenchanted (The Celtic Vampyre Saga, #1)
  • Killing with the Edge of the Moon
  • The Scent of Lies (Paradise Valley Mystery, #1)
  • Immortal Light: Wide Awake
  • Mighty Hammer Down
  • Gateway to Nifleheim (Harbinger of Doom, #1)
  • The Bones of the Earth (Dark Age Trilogy, #1)
  • The Knight of Death: The Assassin Chronicles (The Red Cross of Gold #1)
  • Vampires, Ghosts, and God (Five Novel Box Set)
  • The Source ( Mountain State Vampire, #1)
  • C I N (C I N, #1)
  • Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan, #1)
  • Blood of the King (Khirro's Journey, #1)
  • Nandana's Mark (Queen of the Realm of Faerie, #1)
  • The Charm (Olivia Hart and the Gifted Program, #1)
Wingspan (Taken on the Wing, #1) Deadly Deceptions (The Chronicles of Anna, #2) Stone The Landing Deadly Redemptions (The Chronicles of Anna, #3)