Start by marking “The Witch Narratives Reincarnation (Land of Enchantment Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Witch Narratives Reincarnation (Land of Enchantment Trilogy, #1)

The Witch Narratives Reincarnation (Land of Enchantment Trilogy #1)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
This book is both the prequel and 1st book. It is the Kindle edition of the paperback.

A photograph of three real Native American witches inspired the author. The haunted eyes of the young witch, a girl squeezed between her mother and aunt, brought forth the idea about a girl forced to follow in her family's magical footsteps and join the family business, so to speak.

In Ma
Published January 20th 2012 by Magic Prose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Witch Narratives Reincarnation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch Narratives Reincarnation

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayNightshade by Andrea CremerShatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
best "eye" on the cover
197th out of 707 books — 1,757 voters
Two Rivers by Zoe SaadiaAt Road's End by Zoe SaadiaThe Cahokian by Zoe SaadiaThe Peacekeeper by Zoe SaadiaAcross the Great Sparkling Water by Zoe Saadia
Native American Historical Fiction
98th out of 154 books — 169 voters

More lists with this book...

Etnik

3.5 WITCHY STARS!

Okay so first of all,witches are my least favorite paranormal creatures,so I am not basing this whole review in my thoughts on witches because if I did,I would have rated this so much lower.I will discuss the quality of the book,the writing style and the characters and all.

description

Reincarnation of the Black Rose: The Witch Narratives is a paranormal witchy fantasy,filled with exciting and thrilling moments.It is very dark,not like every other YA which contains witches out there.

The be

Jessie
May 04, 2013 Jessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, supernatural
When I finished this novel, I was left with a "WHOA!" feeling and exhaled the large breath I was holding. This novel is a serious page-turner!

I'll be honest; when I picked up this book and read the first few pages, I almost stopped and deleted it off my Kindle. It seemed like the writer was all over the place with the story and it didn't appeal to me at all. But I have a rule that I have to read a couple of chapters before I give up on a book. I'm so glad I hung in there with this one! When the
Malissa Bishop
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads

Where do I begin? Um this book was amazing and more, it scared me, made me angry, sad,and happy all at once!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you Belinda Vasquez Garcia for signing it and personalizing it with my name :) it makes it even more special. This is a book about the friendship of two girls from very different worlds and their lives and where it leads them. There were times I was screaming at both of them haha even though I knew they couldn'
Aniket Harsh
Jul 28, 2013 Aniket Harsh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its nothing short of Amazing!!!

If you're tired of love struck vampires and other supernatural concoctions targeted at 13 year olds this book is definitely for you.
Set in the early 1900's it beautifully captures man's efforts at breaking the shackles of religion and supernatural. But closing your eyes to the existence of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Witches in Madrid are as bad as they come. The Esperanza family witches inspire dread and terror in the small mining town of Madrid.

How
Crystal
Sep 05, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
This book delves into the very essence of the characters. The author showed their good sides and their inner demons, their lowest moments and their triumphs. That combined with the rich folklore made the story come alive. Many stories show good against evil, but this story shows how, in reality, we all carry both within ourselves.
Jenn
Aug 19, 2012 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Wow! If you haven't read it, just pick it up. Wow again.
Jessica
Apr 08, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review: http://bookandbroadway.blogspot.com/2...
also to be posted here: http://bookgirl.co.vu

From 2014. This book was won via Goodreads First Read Program. This in no way effects my review or alters my opinions on the novel at hand.

Okay... so, let me just think of two words to describe this excellent book. Oh, yes! I've got it! WHOA and UNDERRATED. Seriously, I'm so in love. This is the perfect introduction to the series and it will blow your god damned mind. I'm telling you -- I couldn't s
Cindy
Oct 09, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing
“You are like the wind, blowing hot and cold. One day you are my friend and accept my fruit. The next day, you twist a knife in my heart.”
“I fear nothing. Neither you nor any of your kind can hurt me. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but humanity will never break me.”

This was one of the best books I've read in a very long time. Maybe ever!
It deals with dark issues such as: death, molestation, and incest.
But more importantly, it deals with friendship, loyalty, and the depth of love.

It all s
Maryann
Aug 01, 2013 Maryann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great read! It has friendship, witches, horror, history, and love all rolled into one story. The plot is full of very descriptive writing, that weaves a enchanting tale. The beginning is a little slow, and hard to follow but keep reading it is well worth it! It does delve into witchcraft, incest and a little gore, so if these are not for you, you probably won't like this book.

The story is about Salia, a half-breed witch and her friendship with a devout Catholic girl named Marceli
Amanda Hensley
Apr 27, 2013 Amanda Hensley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
The beginning took off a little slow, took a minute to get into it but about 35% threw it picked up!! So I give it a 7 but definitely have to read book 2!
Tori
Apr 16, 2013 Tori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. The writing reminds me a bit of Stephen King.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Salia Esperanzas and Marcelina Rodriguez formed an unlikely friendship that spanned many years even thru an estrangement. Neither girl forgot the other no matter what occurred in their lives. They each swore oaths of friendship on The Bible and Shrouds of Veils. Salia was abused mentally and emotionally by her mother, her grandmother, and townspeople of Madrid, New Mexico. Salia really didn't care what townspeople thought of her so long as they left her alone. Salia valued her friendship with Ma ...more
books are love
Sep 01, 2013 books are love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through the r&r program via shut up and read on goodreads in exchange for a honest review.

when I began the book I wasn't sure where it was going or why it was heading towards these two little girls lives the way it was. The further I got into the book, the more engrossed I became.

salia and marcelina were thrown together by circumstance, one envious of the other for different reasons. Scalia because Marcelina was a normal girl raised in sad circumstances but a normal gir
Denise
Aug 15, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Witch Narratives Reincarnation is a very unique and intriguing read. It is not a light read, but rather is very dark and brutal and chronicles and era and culture that was completely new to me. The writing is beautiful, but the storyline is anything but. The story takes place in the 1920's in the southwest and explores a culture that was completely new to me and I enjoyed the education. The world building was absolutely wonderful, as were the characterizations. I cannot say I liked any of th ...more
Sabrina  Govender
Where do I begin. This book definitely wasn't bad, it was informative. But, I didn't quite enjoy the whole thing. At first, it took me forever to get anywhere while reading it and only felt like giving it two stars. But as the story progesses and I reached that half way mark, I became more captivated by the story. Salia and Samuel are made of total opposites yet, there they were, full of love for each other.

When I first started this book, I was rather confused. I didn't understand what was going
Eryn
Nov 09, 2012 Eryn rated it really liked it
I'm unsure how to review this book. It started poorly in my opinion but then improved dramatically, however there were still parts of it where I was wondering why I was still reading it. Yet it was addictive and overall I really did enjoy it.
It is very strange though and there are huge plot gaps of years that annoyed slightly. The ending was a little disappointing but perhaps there is a sequel to follow. I'm not sure if I will bother to read it...

Not really a 4 star review now that I look back o
Alison
Sep 03, 2013 Alison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had somewhat of hard time getting into this book. It took me longer to get a grip on the style and topic. Parts of it really lagged for me and I wished for more to happen, quicker.

The writing style also took adjustment, since I typically read straight fantasy (or paranormal/urban fantasy) and this felt more like a blend of non-fiction with hints of mystery to it. The characters didn't feel deep to me. It was slow reading...

If you have closer ties to this culture, I think it would be more impac
Aarati
Sep 13, 2013 Aarati added it
The Witch Narratives Reincarnation was a wonderfully written book, full of a poignance, that not all authors are able to capture. This book is a fine example of the human nature, love and friendship and relationships. It was well written and a story that touches your heart.It's replete with the witch culture and detailed. It talks about jealousy and pain and love and friendship. A book well written and one that touches your heart.
Jessica
I received a copy of this novel through the read it and reap program in exchange for an honest review.

First off, LOOOOOVED this ! The cover, the plot, writing style. Everything. It wasn't an easy read because I had to really pay attention to details. Wasn't sure I'd like it but I'm glad I stuck it out. Can't stand the nightmarish type of books but this is a fave.
Leigh
Sep 02, 2013 Leigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a very dark look into the lives of two young girls who, although they have completely opposite lives, are very much alike, and form a lifelong bond. The writing of this story is great, full of detailed descriptions and complex characters. I loved the plot, totally original, with amazing world building. I received this book for free for my honest review.
Sharon
Aug 16, 2013 Sharon marked it as to-read
The beginning of the book was a little slow. The book isn't the kind I usually read. It is a very dark book. The book really reveals the characters. We get to see their good sides and their personal demons.
Leslie
Feb 18, 2016 Leslie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The storyline I was okay but the imagery was too hard to follow. I don't know if I'll decide to read the second book in the series. I doubt it at this point.
Valerie Corbeille
Very dark, bizarre book. I will not read the sequels. it is beautifully written, but the story is disturbing.
Karen Frayne
Apr 24, 2013 Karen Frayne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Can't finish this one. Weird; disjointed, nightmarish. Descriptions are very graphic...Not my cup of tea.
Denise L Jenne
entertaining, enjoyable, easy read

especially enjoyed the Albuquerque & Madrid setting
Rebecca
Aug 02, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
It took me forever to get into this one. Then it ended on a cliffhanger. I hate that.
L.A. Hilden
L.A. Hilden rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Judith Mariahazy
Judith Mariahazy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Sanja Balan
Sanja Balan marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
  • The Orphan's Tale (Book I)
  • Snake Dreams (Charlie Moon, #13)
  • Graves' End: A Magical Thriller
  • The Replacement Child (Gil Montoya Mystery #1)
  • Killing with the Edge of the Moon
  • Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft (Audrey's Guides, #1)
  • The Fall (The Rapha Chronicles, #1)
  • Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches, #1)
  • Love and Restitution (Athlandia, #3)
  • The Spider's Web (Wind River Reservation, #15)
  • Bat Blood: The Devil's Claw
  • Her Dear and Loving Husband (Loving Husband, #1)
  • Elemental Magic (Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Saving Brooksie
  • Spell (The Dark Woods Series)
  • Water Witch (Elemental Magic #1)
  • The Necromancer
  • A Storm in Tormay (The Complete Tormay Trilogy)
Belinda Vasquez Garcia is the author of the award-winning magical series, the LAND OF ENCHANTMENT Trilogy. RETURN OF THE BONES won Best Historical Fiction for the 2013 New Mexico / Arizona Book Awards, and Best eBook and Best Audio Book for the 2014 International Latino Book Awards.

In her own words:

I triumphed over an impoverished upbringing, dysfunctional family, and other obstacles life threw in
More about Belinda Vasquez Garcia...

Land of Enchantment Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ghosts of the Black Rose (Land of Enchantment Trilogy, #2)
  • Rise of the Black Rose, Land of Enchantment Trilogy #3