Start by marking “Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)

Lord's Fall (Elder Races #5)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  4,880 ratings  ·  442 reviews
In the latest Novel of the Elder Races, two mates find themselves on different paths, torn between their duty to the Wyr and the passion that binds them…

Before she met Dragos, half-human/half-Wyr Pia Giovanni was alone and on the run. Now she’s mated, pregnant and heading south to repair the Wyrs’ frayed relationship with the Elves. Being separated from Dragos is painful,...more
Mass Market Paperback, 281 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Lord's Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord's Fall

Lover at Last by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostUp From the Grave by Jeaniene FrostRogue Rider by Larissa IoneShadow's Claim by Kresley Cole
Next Up In Favourite PNR/UF/ER Series
26th out of 211 books — 584 voters
Onyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareLover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Most Expected Romance Titles 2012
94th out of 412 books — 1,472 voters

More lists with this book...

Mimi Smith

Another great book by Thea Harrison. My favorite of the series so far. I have to admit Pia and Dragos haven't really imprinted on me as a couple in Dragon Bound. Here, though...

XOXOXOXOOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOX
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!

I loved Pia. And Dragos. And Pia&Dragos. And Peanut!

"Even though feeling like a drama queen sucked donkey’s balls, it was still true—leaving Dragos and...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
LORD'S FALL brings readers back to the characters that started it all. Pia and Dragos have changed a little bit since Dragon Bound. Although Dragos continues to exude this otherworldly power and Pia still keeps him on his toes, they have grown and matured, developing into what resembles a married couple. Simply put, they have grown into each other, but that doesn't mean everything is perfect. LORD'S FALL explores the trials and tribulations that occur in every relationship. It covers the good an...more
Melanie
A solid 5 stars

When I found out Thea Harrison planned to revisit Pia and Dragos - the couple that started it all for 'Elder Races' fans - I'll admit to being disappointed. Don't get me wrong - I loved 'Dragon Bound' and Pia and Dragos top my list of best ER couples, BUT I like my HEA's to stay, well, HEA's. I do not like it when my fave duos start getting bogged down by relationship issues because more often than not it tends to ruin my perception of the original story. However, I (now) freely a...more
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
4.5 ★'s

Pia's been invited to visit with the Elves and she's decided to go to smooth things over even though she had quite a bit of convincing to do with Dragos. Especially since he is unable to go as The Sentinel Games will be under way. Things become bit dicey when Pia gets there and once Dragos gets a hint of it, there is nothing that will stop him from getting to her.

Oh how I love Dragos and Pia...they are so wonderful together and I just could not get enough. I love that TH treated us to a...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Another fantastic addition to the Elder Races series!!! I love Dragos and Pia and hope to see much more of them (view spoiler) in the next books!! It was great seeing all the characters from Dragon Bound and meeting many new and interesting characters, looking forward to seeing where Thea Harrison takes us next.

Magda
Pia & Dragos are one of my favorite couples in this series and I'm so glad Thea decided a revisit.

The book was good, in character for Thea. It was steamy in the right places, touching while describing the H/h realtionship & seeing them grow into each other, and it had a bit of action, as well.
It felt a bit anti-climatic and that's why I deducted a start but it was still a great book.

I am stuck on this because I think it encompasses Dragos so well.

Dragos waited a pulse beat. He said s...more
Lady Heather
LOVED. THIS. STORY!! (love this series)

What a wonderful addition to the "Elder Races" series!

Dragos and Pia are amazing together in their struggle to learn how to be partners, as well as being mates.

Really enjoyed the writing, story-line, and characters.

Can't wait for the next book in this series!!

Meredith Barrons
Mar 11, 2012 Meredith Barrons marked it as to-read
So glad we will be getting more of Pia and Drago's story!!!!
willaful
3 1/2 stars. Romances that continue the story of established couples often don't work for me: either they have too little conflict between the adoring characters or they artificially create conflict in a way that stops the story dead in its tracks. Harrison strikes the right balance here. There's romance, there's some conflict, there's development of the relationship, but there's also a story and the elements are all nicely woven together.

The fifth book in the "Elder Races" series. Lord's Fall o...more
Melindeeloo
4.5 stars - With Pia on a diplomatic mission to repair the Wyr treaty with the elves, Dragos holding a colossal gladiator-like spectacle to replace his two missing sentinels, and the threat of whatever ill events that Dragos was warned of by the Oracle, there is an interesting framework for the story in Lord's Fall, but where the book really shines is in the relationships.

I loved getting to catch up with the starring pair of the original book and having the Pia and Dragos' initial bonding out of...more
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Rating: B-

Pia is still trying to find her way in this world led by Dragos. Many of those within Cuelebre Enterprises don’t like her and she wants to be a part of things. She’s convinced Dragos to let her travel to visit with the Elves in the hopes of repairing some of the damage Dragos caused months earlier when he broke treaties with the Elves to rescue Pia. She wants to help, so she’s traveling with a bodyguard entourage to visit the Elves while Dragos...more
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
I loved going back to Dragos and Pia. Pia is pregnant and about to go to repair one of the relationships with Dragos broke while chasing her while Dragos is organizing the Sentinel Games, having lost Rune and Tiago. I would have wished to see more of the games though Pia's friend Quentin was a surprise. I loved seeing Pia and Dragos navigate their relationship since it was unequal, Dragos was dirt old and set in his ways while Pia was used to her independence and not really accep...more
Lea
Loved the teaser chapter for Lords Fall at the end of Oracles Moon (which was a fantastic book and is up there with Dragon Bound as my favorite)... can't wait to meet Peanut (even if it will take him 2 years - OMG - to arrive, poor Pia, that is one heck of a long gestation!).

November is so far away...
SheLove2Read

I adored Dragon Bound so I was really hoping that this revisiting of Pia & Dragos would be just as good, especially since the last few installments of this series have been mediocre at best. I wasn't disappointed. The same irrepressible Dragos, the same loveable Pia, and some new characters I came to love all wrapped up in a 250 page package.

Since there are so many other reviews already, I'll just tell you what I loved and didn't love:
Dragos - has there ever been a more grouchy cha...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was bloody awful.

-Pia and Dragos were rather charming in the first book but in this one they were rubbish. Pia was a dull Mary Sue and Dragos was a run of the mill, cookie cutter PNR hero.

-The plot was boring. Pia is on a mission to try to repair the relationship between Dragos and the elves. Naturally, things don't go according to plan and Dragos/Pia have to fight some bad guy of some sort.
In the first half, nothing much happened apart from 1. Pia traveling to the elven demesne 2...more
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
O-M-G, loved this book so much. This is one of only about four five star books for me this year, and this one is five star all the way. I’m not much of a fan of paranormal romance, not because I have anything against it, but just because it doesn’t usually interest me. But, these Elder Races books really are just pure magic, they have pulled me in absolutely, both the full length novels and the novellas. These novellas are a brilliant idea, keeping me in this world while I’m waiting for the full...more
Lisa Kay
★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I enjoyed the narrator, Sophie Eastlake, more this time around. She has improved. She used to be a little more “deadpan.” (At least I thought so for Serpent's Kiss.

Love that Pia and Dragos, protagonists from the first book, are back!
Aly is so frigging bored
It's 1 AM again... fuck you sleep, i don.t need you :)) I always end up doing this with books that I love...
Sonia
Nov 15, 2012 Sonia added it
Back to Dragos and Pia!!
All Things Urban Fantasy
With LORD’S FALL Harrison proves that chemistry can get even hotter in life after Happily Ever After. The Elder Races series is so much more than your average Paranormal Romance, and with this fifth installment Harrison takes me back to my all time favorite couple, Dragos and Pia.

This next phase of the relationship between Pia and Dragos explores how they rub off on each other. Dragos is surprised by new emotional complications he’d never experienced before and Pia gets in touch with her own aut...more
Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Lord’s Fall is the fifth book in Thea Harrison’s Elder Races series. I love this series. I love that Thea doesn’t only focus on your ‘usual’ paranormal creatures but also includes many characters that you don’t normally see in a paranormal romance series. Not only that but Thea’s voice really works for the genre and her characters are fabulous.

Lord’s Fall not only contains beings that are unique but it also does something not often seen in the paranormal...more
Lillie
Dragos has two spots to fill in the ranks of his most trusted warriors and is hosting the Sentinel Games to find them. A televised event in a packed Madison Square Garden with dignitaries from all demesnes attending, it requires Dragos's full attention. As the games begin, a pregnant Pia heads to South Carolina to try and fix the problems Dragos caused with the Elves in Dragon Bound. As usual, Pia is a trouble magnet. When she arrives in South Carolina with her new security team, an ancient Powe...more
Ren
4 stars

After Oracle's Moon what somehow a disappointment for me (I don't know why so many readers love it. Nothing happen in that book, folk. NOTHING), glad I love Elder Races again from it's latest installment (not counted Kinked), Lord's Fall. I'm not fans of Dragos and Pia kinda girrated my nerves. But I love Ms Harrison's decision to back to this couple, with how Pia and Dragos try to work relationship, since other (Pia) just recognized her Wyr form, and Dragos is older than dirt with Power...more
Keri
Awesome read! I never get enough of Dragos and Pia. I have tried several times to start this review and not come off like a slobbering fangurl and so far I have been unsuccessful. So I will just dive it. Pia and Dragos have been together for several months, but now Dragos life as a leader is set up a test of their relationship. As Dragos must stay in New York for the Sentinel games. He must hold the games in order to find his new Sentinels and he remaining 5 must also compete to retain their pos...more
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Feathers
Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

LORD'S FALL is a great love story with a hint of Hunger Games element and some civil war action. As usual, Thea Harrison did not disappoint. She has given her readers a chance to peak beyond Pia and Dragos’ Happy-Ever-After (HEA) and a glance at what’s up and up with the Wyr Demesne.

It has been 7 months since Pia and Dragos have mated. If you have been following the Elder Races series, you know that Pia and Dragos are expecting Peanut...more
Shannon C.
4.5 one of my favorite PNR releases this year

I enjoyed reading more about Pia and Dragos, who we met in the first book (still my favorite book in the series). It was good seeing them work on their partnership, as well as see Pia grow into her role as a leading figure in the Wyr world. I liked how she gained the respect of the team of 'psychos'. She is a good balance for Dragos.

The world building around the elves' homeland and their politics was interesting. I like how Harrison continues to flesh...more
Roxanne
It didn't beat the 1st book but it was still surprisingly good. Some of the situations were downright depressing. I look forward to seeing how things turn out in future books.
Elizabeth
Apr 19, 2012 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Thank god Pia and Dragos are back because the second book was super boring and the other books just don't seem as interesting.
The Window Seat
If you like the review, please consider joining our site so we can bring you more reviews of hot new releases! :)

I love the idea of revisiting a couple from a previous book. I love the fact that Thea Harrison choose to look at how the events of Books 2, 3, and 4 of the Elder Races series affected Dragos and Pia, the couple in Book 1. However, there were a lot of issues that I had with this book that kept it from being the blockbuster I expected it to be.

After mating nearly 8 months ago, Pia and...more
Suz
I adore this series. In my opinion it's the way PNR should be written. That is to say, plenty of smokin' hot smexy but it's not the alpha and omega of the story. The focus on the relationship, which is a defining cornerstone of any "romance" genre hinges on growth and problems that seem to me to be more than just manufactured angst, so any angst that is a by product seems natural and not forced. And, for me perhaps the most important part of any romance book, there is as much of an interesting p...more
  • Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, 3.5, 9.5, 10.5)
  • A Tale Of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Mortal Ties (World of the Lupi, #9)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • King of the Unblessed (Realm Immortal #1)
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13)
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can...more
More about Thea Harrison...
Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4) Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3) True Colors (Elder Races, #3.5)

“My worst mistake ever. We should not talk about that penny any more, la la la.”

He pulled her hands down. “We’re never going to stop talking about it. That penny is one of my favorite memories.”

Her mouth dropped open. “Liar! You only liked what came afterward. You hated having your penny stolen.”

“True,” he admitted. “But I loved the note you left me.”
24 likes
“How was your day?” she whispered.

“It went as expected,” he said. “Mostly. No one died. All of the sentinels went through to the next round, but then nobody believed anything different would occur. Graydon—” His gold eyes danced suddenly. “You know what a big motherfucker Graydon is. He turned into a gryphon, and then he just sat down and looked at his opponent, who forfeited. It was the fastest bout of the day.”
13 likes