Start by marking “Downburst (The Windstorm Series) ” as Want to Read:
Downburst (The Windstorm Series)

Downburst (The Windstorm Series)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Kit’s only goal is to stay alive. Right now, that means dodging brutal gangs while peddling fake I.D.s on the back streets of Winnipeg. But things get complicated when Kit sells a license to a girl named Aura—a girl who could almost be her twin. Caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, Kit is plunged into an underground society with heart-stopping surprises at every tu ...more
Paperback, First edition , 276 pages
Published January 10th 2012 by Quil Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Downburst (The Windstorm Series), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downburst (The Windstorm Series)

Alisha
Wow.

This author left the gate RUNNING. What an impressive showing for a first book! I can honestly recommend this to anyone and EVERYONE.

Downburst is classed as a YA book. Strong female character.

It was released as a kindle book. I like that it went a different route than traditional publishing and I hope that it is very successful. Definitely need a lot of word of mouth about this book because it is worth recommending and is such phenomenal writing. It is the first book I used the kindle app f
Petey
Spectacular. Of course, there's flying. Anything that has flying is marvelous. More importantly, it's not fully clear where she's going by the end of this first novel (it's supposed to be a trilogy, I think).

(view spoiler)

I'm excited to r
Marcia Brisson  Van Camp
My review:

Even though Linda told me to expect something big, I was still not prepared for this book. I was sucked in on page 1 and I finished reading it in record time, diving in, and I just barely came up breathing. Everything was so vivid, and I love authors who can paint a picture that leaps off the pages. Adrenaline rush my goodness! I am banging my head against the wall in anticipation for the next book.

Linda's review:
Smoking hot, January 13, 2012
By Linda Loodle - See all my reviewsThis r
Donna Huber
This book was intense and so good. I was totally blown away by it. I stayed up late because I couldn't put it down. Kit has a bit of a Katniss Everdeen vibe to her. Fans of Hunger Games will want to check this book out. Read the full review at Girl Who Reads. There's also a chance to win an ebook copy.
Marlene
I absolutely loved this book and raced through it, carried along with one unique plot twist after another. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book in the series. I'm hooked, and so excited to have found such a great new voice in young adult fiction!
Merryn Walker
not as good as Hunger Games but a good beach read
Jenny
When I first started reading Downburst, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I knew nothing of the plot or the world created by Robison, and I'm so glad I didn't. I was completely sucked in from the beginning as the plot takes off running - literally! There is never a dull moment. Each chapter brings more excitement as you are dragged into a world so interesting you can't help but wish it were real.

The writing and literary tactics are excellent. I often found myself trying to figure ou
Mandy
Katie Robison’s Downburst was just what I needed. I was in a bit of a reading slump, reading a few books at the same time but nothing really grabbing my attention. I wanted to read a book which whispered to me, ‘Go on, read some more, you know you want to, don’t put me to bed yet.’ So the search was on, which book should I pick up next? I actually thought my odds of choosing the ‘right’ book quite slim so I didn’t have high expectations. I read a few reviews for a few books waiting on my shelves ...more
Amanda (Amanda's Writings)
Originally posted on Amanda's Writings

This book caught my interest from page one and didn't let go. You know, I'm a sucker for those books with the summer camps that aren't what they seem. Downburst had one of those! And it was fantastic! Of course, that wasn't the only fantastic thing, and I would define the book just by the summer camp. ;)

This was one that kept me on the edge of my seat. Downburst is very original and interesting and new. I was really excited to learn more about what was going
Jodi
Aug 14, 2012 Jodi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: main
Okay, this book was seriously cool. It was written by my cousin's wife, and even though I have the utmost confidence in her writing ability, I admit that I half expected to end up promoting the book out of loyalty more than anything else--and boy, was I wrong! I can't tell you what happens, because the surprise is half the fun, but there came a point in the book where I literally didn't want to put it down. It surprised me at every turn. When I hit the last page, I literally went straight to Ama ...more
Karen
The beginning seemed a bit choppy and slow -- I got tired of being stuck in the narrator's head, with her not knowing anything that is going on. But, I liked the book better as it went along and really liked the last third of it. So if I think of it as the set-up for a series, rather than a stand alone book, then my interest goes way up.

The book reminded me of Hunger Games and Ender's Game, though with an original context. That beautifully constructed context was my favorite part of the book. A
Kimberly
This is a great book! This is the first novel that Katie has written and you wouldn't know it from the story. She tells a great story as you are constantly wondering what will happen next and the twists and turns continually surprise you. I seen that some people had trouble getting into, which is understandable because we are left in the dark along with Kit (the main character). I think this is one of the things that makes the book great. Many books have the omnscient point of view with a third- ...more
Leah
Surprisingly good book. Very gripping, fast read. And, yes, I am dying to know what happens next. My only complaint is that it is written in the present tense, which can be distracting. But it is well-written, plot-driven, and very readable.
Rachel
What a fun, fast-moving, interesting Y.A. novel. I loved it! I think Robison did a wonderful job of combining the fantastical element with Native American legend. I can't wait for the sequel, which should come out later this year.
Amanda
This is an awesome book by one of my talented fellow Ph.D. students. Katie marries Native American myth and meteorology in captivating story that also includes flying. . .can't get much better than that!
Kelly
This book was so good! I could not put it down, and now I have to wait for the sequel later this year!!! Total cliff hanger! Very fast paced reading.
Allison
Really good story. Writing was a bit weak, but is author's first book. I would be interested in reading the next one, when it is finished!
Jennie
Thank heavens! My faith in YW Lit is restored. This was a good story--made better by Native American lore. I thought it was a fun read.
Amy
wow...quick read...can't wait for the sequel!
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Heathere Willoughby
Heathere Willoughby marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Darren Haycock
Darren Haycock marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jamie Brady
Jamie Brady marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Stephanie Brown
Stephanie Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Betsy Payne
Betsy Payne marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Katie Robison is a registered member of the Ngai Tahu Maori tribe in New Zealand. She has a B.A. in English and French from Brigham Young University and is a Ph.D. candidate in the English Department of the University of Minnesota. She currently lives with her husband, their new baby daughter, and their two Siberian Huskies in the Cayman Islands.
More about Katie Robison...
Coiled Snake (The Windstorm Series: Book Two)