Start by marking “I Know Someone with Autism (Understanding Health Issues)” as Want to Read:
I Know Someone with Autism (Understanding Health Issues)

I Know Someone with Autism (Understanding Health Issues)

Published by Heinemann Library (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Know Someone with Autism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know Someone with Autism

Angela Hutchinson
This would be a great book to read to students during discussions about diversity. In this book, there are many things that people do help individuals who struggle with autism. It is a good book to help teach students that everyone is equal and how to help students with diverse issues.
Karen Pajot
This is an informative book that helps people understand Autism. I would use this to help classmates understand a fellow student who has autism and I could also use it as a way to learn about non-fiction text features.
Dawn Robson
Oct 06, 2013 Dawn Robson rated it it was amazing
Finally a book to share that gives more than the vague description "kids with autism are different". Helpful to students who want a better understanding of a classmate. Good for your collection.
Eric Coulbourne
Eric Coulbourne rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
J.
J. rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Keegan Thorpe
This non-fiction book is part of a series called "Understanding Health Issues" written by Sue Barraclough which explains different mental illnesses, such as Autism. Using age-appropriate visuals and language, the author explains how the brain of someone with Autism may function differently than someone without this illness. The visuals depict people of different ages and ethnicities with Autism to emphasize the fact that mental illness can affect anyone. One of the most important aspects of this ...more
Mary Lou
Mary Lou rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Dannylions
Dannylions rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2013
Robert Ellington
Robert Ellington rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
cj
cj added it
Jan 13, 2012
Roy Sheehan
Roy Sheehan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Krissy
Krissy marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Andrea Farinas
Andrea Farinas marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Billie Johnson
Billie Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Bishnu Ghimire
Bishnu Ghimire is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2016
Sheri Schwarz
Sheri Schwarz marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2017