Start by marking “The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)” as Want to Read:
The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)
Read Excerpt

The Best Mistake (Millionaire's Club)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  15 reviews
*Contemporary adult comedy romance novella*
**some explicitness**

Published March 14th 2012 by The Wild Rose Press (first published March 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Mistake

Emily
After losing her mom, Deri Crandall wants to fit in with the family she never knew she had. Willing to do anything to get their approval as well as to stop calling her The Mistake, she agrees to take a job at their competitor’s company and spy on them. It takes all of a day to realize she can't do it, it takes three days to realize that she is more comfortable with the people at this company than she is her own family. Exasperated, she ends up in a slight accident and in the arms of Cole Harrety ...more
Anja
Jan 15, 2015 Anja marked it as to-read
Deri "The Mistake" Crandall wants nothing more than the love and acceptance from a family. After her mother dies, she finally discovers who her father is—except he and his family aren't exactly everything she's dreamed of. Not about to let a little thing like that bother her, she strives her hardest to fit in. Though honest to a fault, she even lies to gain their affection. But who could have predicted the one man with whom she immediately clicks is the very millionaire her grandfather orders he ...more
Margaret
The concept of the whole book was to tell the truth. From the very beginning the book was based on one lie. I found it interesting how one lie could lead to heartache in the beginning but in the end, love prevailed.
From the beginning Deri always wanted fit in whether it was with her father’s family or at work, she just wanted to belong. She started to work as an intern at a company trying to work her way up the ladder. She wanted to be able to prove to everyone that she was not “the mistake” a
Jamie Kline

This was a really great, light read. I was able to connect with the characters very early on and thought they were very well written. I loved Deri; she was such a down to earth, real woman, not an impossibly hot babe that you see in so many romance novels. She was a bit self-conscious, but the author didn't shove that fact down our throats like some other authors like to do (*COUGH* E.L. James *COUGH*). I seriously appreciated that about the book. Cole was great too. Was he stereotypical? Sure;
Tracy
~* 4.5 Stars *~
Fun, Funny, and Sweet

Losing her mother to cancer robbed Deri Crandall of the only family who ever loved her. The only family she had, really, until she tracked down her father - who had been little more than a sperm donor to begin with. His side of the family called her "The Mistake," but still she'd do anything to be a part of them, to be accepted and respected. They were all she had left.

That's the only reason she told her grandfather that she'd spy on the family's largest corpo
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
I really enjoyed this quick read more than I thought I would. I usually don't enjoy short, quicky romances because I feel some authors don't give me enough to convince me that the Hero and Heroine have made any kind of connection, or they rush the end, so that we are left wondering, "But What??".

That is SO not the case with The Best Mistake, the new release from Linda Kage. As she mentioned in the earlier interview that she is reminded of a Romantic Comedy with this book, and I really could see
Amanda
Review can also be found here -- Book Boudoir

I received an email from Ms. Kage inquiring whether I'd be interested in reading and reviewing The Best Mistake. After reading the synopsis, I immediately said yes. I thought The Best Mistake sounded like something that would be right up my alley. I'm a big fan of romance novels in general (duh). And when there is either an unrequited or against all odds feel to it, even better!

The way Deri craves acceptance and love from her family just broke my hear
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Laci
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

I absolutely LOVED this book. I thought Deri was a girl after my own heart. She’s obviously a hard worker and even though she’s supposed to be a spy, she’s got to be the worst one I have ever seen. She tries to be more helpful than sabotaging, she falls on top of her boss, when she finds out who he is, instead of getting closer to find out inside information, she does the opposite and distances herself from h
Carol Kilgore
Lots of spark and energy built into this short contemporary romance.

Deri Crandall captivates the reader from page one with her quirky personality and down-to-earth attitude. She's even on track with the secret mission for her family - until she meets hunky hero Cole Harrety. Cole is more than captivated with Deri. But when he learns her secret, he has to decide if he can trust his heart.

Linda Kage's dialogue and wit keep the reader enthralled.

A quick fun read!
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
This was a fun, fast read. I enjoyed reading about Cole & Deri and the total mess they made of everything by not telling each other the truth from the beginning.

If you are looking for a cute, fun read you should check out The Best Mistake.
Jennifer Shirk
Very cute story! Deri is sweet and funny, and the story wrapped up in a whole feel-good kind of way.
Faz
Dec 08, 2012 Faz added it
really good, i read it so fast tht i was amazed it ended so soon
Gisella Vidro Kanamori
Gisella Vidro Kanamori marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Ruthie Emtage
Ruthie Emtage marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Maribell
Maribell marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Itsmeesahara
Itsmeesahara marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Laura Yeakley
Laura Yeakley marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Samantha Newnham
Samantha Newnham marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Fanny Pattinson
Fanny Pattinson marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Svodesai
Svodesai marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • The Start of Something Good (Jamett & Joseph, #1)
  • Caught in Heat (Half-breed Shifters, #1)
  • Her Backup Boyfriend (The Sorensen Family, #1)
  • A Little Bit Cupid
  • In Name Only
  • 33 Valentines
  • With This Kiss (Emerald Lake #2)
  • Promise Me
  • The Valentine Challenge
  • Playing for Keeps
  • Stand of Redemption (Stand, #2)
  • The Man Behind the Mask
  • Bid For Love
  • Not Your Average Joe
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • The Wedding Diaries
  • Her Ex Next Door
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
I grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest as the youngest of eight children. Now I live in Kansas with my husband, daughter, and our nine cuckoo clocks. My life's been blessed with lots of people to learn from and love. Writing's always been a major part my world, and I'm so happy to finally share some of my stories with other romance lovers.

More about Linda Kage...
Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1) The Stillburrow Crush To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men, #2) Be My Hero (Forbidden Men, #3) A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men, #5)