Start by marking “I Love You, Goodbye” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Goodbye

I Love You, Goodbye

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Ania salva i matrimoni degli altri, o almeno ci prova. Sul suo matrimonio ha sempre chiuso un occhio. Dispensa consigli e lo fa con estrema cura, è una donna consapevole, lei... Ma in amore, si sa, non c’è regola che tenga. Maciek è arrivato in Scozia dalla Polonia, e non per trovare un lavoro: nel suo Paese faceva l’insegnante di filosofia, ma una delusione d’amore l’ha p ...more
Published January 2011 by Leggereditore (first published August 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Goodbye

Rowenah
Jul 04, 2014 Rowenah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah I LOVED this book! It's so deceptive, how it explores the very nature of true love in the context of a story wound around several people in a Highland village. How love gets stale with familiarity and how people confuse newness and the thrill of meeting and getting to know someone as being true love, that they're The One, yet it will too go stale again after a while. So many different strands, questions and thoughts, and really strong, believable characters. Definitely going to check out more ...more
Cath
Jan 04, 2012 Cath rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ania is a marriage counsellor and she thinks she knows everything about love. She can perfectly handle it until Maciek, a Polish man, turns up. From then, she isn’t sure anymore about love and a perfect marriage.

The marriage of Rose and Harry is in crisis. Rose cheated on Harry and they can’t deal with each other anymore, so they decide to contact Ania for help. Will they stay together?

Sam, Harry and Rose’s son, is fed up with his parents, but he meets Maciek with who he feels at ease and he too
Kelly Cookson

The blurb on the back of the book and the Guardian's review on the front led me to believe that this book would be funny. If it was meant to be funny then the comedy was lost on me. I actually found it quite depressing. The characters are depressing and it's set in a small, depressing town in Scotland.
The book is easy to read, I finished it in 3 days and I was quite interested to see what happened at the end but this book is nothing special. It just made me feel a bit glum and not in a good wa
Alyson
Oct 18, 2012 Alyson rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Failed love, unrequited love, teenage love - and other permutations. Closely depicts problems of boredom in marriages, the anguish of illicit love and the lies we tell ourselves, as well as others. I enjoyed this book, felt the characters were believable. My only slight niggle is with the lack of come-uppance for one particular character at the end, and the consequence of his action. Can't say more or it would be a spoiler!
Michelle
Nov 20, 2014 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5! Sigh, I think I was fooled by the title thinking it's some bittersweet love story.
Gaby Kozma
Mar 27, 2014 Gaby Kozma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Because of the often only mediocre critics I read about this book, I didn't have too great expectations. Despite the bittersweet ending, I loved it. Its style remind me to a fast-forwarding movie, from which we see only napshots, especially in the beginning, then slowly it turns into an actual story.
I was happy about the Polish line, it brings back some very nice memories. :)
Judie Holliday
I read this because the author is going to lead a writing group I'm joining. I like her style. I feel I know something about her characters, sometimes but not always. She entertains and I did want to know how it would end and what would happen to people. I'm not sure I cared about them, but I was invested in them. Good book.
Thelma
Thelma rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2016
G E Walton
G E Walton marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Rachel Knuttel
Rachel Knuttel marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Alice Deodato Dtr
Alice Deodato Dtr rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Giulia
Giulia added it
Mar 24, 2016
Марина
Марина marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Joyce Ellis
Joyce Ellis rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Mariann
Mariann marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Vera Korotaeva
Vera Korotaeva marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Sónia Ramos
Sónia Ramos marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 08, 2015
Filipa M.
Filipa M. rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Shana Rowley
Shana Rowley marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Rabia
Rabia marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Lihong Chew
Lihong Chew rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Burçak Kılıç
Burçak Kılıç marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Reese
Reese rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2015
Black & White Publishing
Black & White Publishing marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Cynthia Rogerson is a novelist, short story writer and poet. She is also a director at Moniack Mhor, the Arvon creative writing centre.
More about Cynthia Rogerson...