Start by marking “The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money” as Want to Read:
The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money

The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money

Suze Orman's #1 bestsellers The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom and The Courage to Be Rich changed the way people think about their money, helping them overcome their emotional roadblocks to financial freedom.

Now, Suze delivers a fully accessible and authoritative resource, loaded with information critical to every stage of readers' financial lives. The Road to Wealth provi
Published December 2nd 2003 by Riverhead Trade (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Road to Wealth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road to Wealth

sun surfer
Sep 13, 2015 sun surfer rated it really liked it
I bought this on impulse over a decade ago, in the halcyon days of browsing and buying in brick-and-mortar bookshops. Suze Orman was only a vague name to me; I hadn’t, and still haven’t, ever even heard her voice. After giving the book a few initial glances, it lay very prettily for years, surviving my occasional purges.

Finally reading it was a dry affair, but what began as an expected exercise in skimming and skipping became a cover-to-cover read. As a sort of layman’s general overview textboo
Melissa
May 23, 2008 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: resource
Suze Orman is widely popular, being on the Today Show, Oprah, CNN, her own radio shows, etc. This is a really good reference book - I think I will be buying one for my own library. This is a large book (597 pages) and covers EVERY aspect of personal money from mortgages, savings, all insurances, stocks/bonds/mutual funds, etc. Very good reference on some tax laws that most people get confused on, and lots of great material for future reference (how to properly set up estates, wills, retirements, ...more
Tony Bradshaw
I'm two disks down, and I feel instead of a road to wealth that it's a get out of debt question and answer book. Anyone can google and find out all the information that is presented. It's also ironic that I am finding her peppy motivational style of speaking a little annoying when all she is saying is, "APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate....." It's like she's trying to make a phone book sound really interesting. Sadly, it's still a phone book in it's content (so far; hoping it gets better pas ...more
Kelly McCloskey-Romero
May 12, 2014 Kelly McCloskey-Romero rated it really liked it
I love Suze Orman! I think that she is right on with her empowering approach to personal finance. This book provides answers to so many questions that it can be a little overwhelming. It's like listening to hours and hours of her show. I like that format because it brings up scenarios that I don't even have the knowledge to imagine. For reading cover to cover, though, it's a bit daunting and sometimes boring. I liked reading it in small doses, skipping certain sections. Next I'd like to read a n ...more
Rita
May 04, 2012 Rita rated it liked it
I "read" this in audio-book form. Not so helpful when driving...I wasn't able to take notes or highlight important parts. And there was way too much information to remember it all, a lot of which is irrelevant to me right now.

That being said, I do think this would be a good one to have on the bookshelf to use as a reference whenever you get into certain situations, such as buying a home or planning out a life goal.
Danni
Jun 06, 2012 Danni rated it really liked it
This book had everything. It was also written in a language that was fairly easy to understand. It had buying a house, insurance, stocks and bonds, and investments. I don't think this book was meant to be read. I think that it is a reference. I sure learned a lot though. I didn't read all the chapters because some of them didn't apply to my life.
Lori
Jun 16, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
After all of the things I've read of hers and about wills already, I felt like I already knew most of what was in the book, but I think it's more direct than her other books and that's what I like. I would suggest it to friends who haven't already done much reading on these topics or if they feel weak on just one topic to skip to that. Even I learned a few things I hadn't already.
Victoria
Jan 04, 2008 Victoria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
I borrowed this from the library, but I think I am going to buy it. Has a wealth of information about personal finance in a digestable format. Good money management basics from making a budget to how to invest. Explanations of how the tools of the market work and how to use them.
Lynn Mcguire
Feb 19, 2011 Lynn Mcguire rated it really liked it
Suze covers every topic related your and your families finances. I really enjoyed her section on the stock market - though I'm not investing in it at this time- I'll be ready to go when it shows signs of improvement. Also her section on wills, trusts and probate is excellent!
Heidi
Oct 07, 2013 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction-misc
This is a reference book: look up your questions like an encyclopedia. It has good information and helped me understand my mortgage process better. I hesitate to buy it, though, because it will quickly become outdated as circumstances and policies change.
Case
Aug 01, 2008 Case rated it liked it
This is great for anyone who has questions about loans, buying a house, getting married, moving in with someone, and a zillion other life decisions. I really enjoyed how open her writing was as she frequently said, "spouse, life partner" and had a section in there for gays.
Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
Found out I knew more about money management than I thought, but learned more. I really like the question-answer set-up, because i could skim and read what I felt was or could be relavent to me. Hoping to start looking into some retirement savings!!
Justin Traasdahl
Feb 13, 2014 Justin Traasdahl rated it liked it
Suze Orman is the bomb.com. I love her but this book was kinda dry. I mean, I know it's about financial stuff but still expected some entertaining, golden nuggets of wisdom.
Morgan
Dec 16, 2010 Morgan rated it liked it
Had some good advice, but is geared towards those who are older and are dealing with houses, family, wills and the like. Not a fan of the Q&A format.
Pat
Oct 07, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
A decade old, so parts are outdated. Still lots of good basic financial info. I'm giving this to my step-daughter.
Heather
Apr 15, 2008 Heather rated it liked it
This book is laid out in question/answer form, so you don't have to read it straight through. It's great to use as a reference guide.
BBBTerri
Oct 01, 2009 BBBTerri rated it it was amazing
Incredible book for all the basics of personal money management. It's a permanent book on my bookshelf.
Gregg
Dec 07, 2007 Gregg rated it did not like it
Shelves: finance
Too basic.
Amy
Jun 16, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
This book has a lot of good information...however, I found Orman's book for the "young, fabulous, and broke" to be more applicable to the situations of most people in their twenties.
Jena
May 22, 2008 Jena rated it really liked it
What a great book. It sets a real high standard...too high for me...but I great way to look at finances and to help inplanning for the long term plan
Carole Martell
A general reference for those that are beginning to explore personal finance that sometimes reads awkwardly.
Obi N
Jan 26, 2016 Obi N rated it it was amazing
This book is an awesome go-to guide for anybody looking to know the basics of personal finance. I read the revised version which was very comprehensive.
Rebecca
Jan 17, 2009 Rebecca rated it liked it
This book has been seriously helpful to me. Good practical advise for making smart decisions with your money.
M
Jul 07, 2008 M rated it liked it
A lot of information - pretty easy to understand.
Did not answer a couple of questions I had & were hoping would be there.
Jonette
Dec 31, 2009 Jonette rated it really liked it
An excellent resource for everything from buying the right life/auto/home insurance to finding your fico score and putting your money in the right places for savings/retirement.
Jackie
Oct 22, 2008 Jackie is currently reading it
This book really does anwer financial questions you may have and breaks complicated matters into relatblae terms.
Sharon
Jun 17, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
This is a great reference book. Suze Orman has a knack for presenting financial information in everyday language.
Tammy
Mar 07, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Easy to understand, now I just need to do it. :)
Sherry Davis
Sherry Davis rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Michael Urmeneta
Michael Urmeneta rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2008
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in your 20'sand 30's
  • The Motley Fool You Have More Than You Think: The Foolish Guide to Personal Finance
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence
  • The Number: What Do You Need for the Rest of Your Life and What Will It Cost?
  • The Smartest Investment Book You'll Ever Read: The Simple, Stress-Free Way to Reach Your Investment Goals
  • Pay It Down!: From Debt to Wealth on $10 a Day
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • Missed Fortune 101: A Starter Kit to Becoming a Millionaire
  • The Top 10 Distinctions Between Millionaires and the Middle Class
  • Financial Peace: Restoring Financial Hope to You and Your Family
  • Jim Cramer's Mad Money: Watch TV, Get Rich
  • Debt-Proof Living: How to Get Out of Debt and Stay That Way
  • Killing Sacred Cows: Overcoming the Financial Myths That Are Destroying Your Prosperity
  • The Five Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me About Life and Wealth
  • The Tao of Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett's Words of Wisdom - Quotations and Interpretations to Help Guide You to Billionaire Wealth and Enlightened Business Management
  • The Best Investment Advice I Ever Received: Priceless Wisdom from Warren Buffett, Jim Cramer, Suze Orman, Steve Forbes, and Dozens of Other Top Financial Experts
  • The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon's Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness
Suze Orman (born Susan Lynn Orman) is an American financial advisor, writer, and television personality.
More about Suze Orman...