Start by marking “A Life Without You (Boston Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Life Without You (Boston Boys, #1)

A Life Without You (Boston Boys #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  693 ratings  ·  105 reviews
Jesse's like a bar of soap: the tighter Adam holds on, the faster Jesse slips away. Or that's how it feels to Adam. It doesn't help that Jesse has a girlfriend back home and claims to be straight, but there's no way with all the sparks and physical intimacy flying between the two roommates.

When Adam believes he has reached his ultimate happiness, the bedroom walls come cra
Published January 13th 2012 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about A Life Without You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Without You

Susan65
Vio
This started off so well and then all the drama and tears just got too much for me I literally wanted to scream! Adam geez I desperately wanted to choke some sense into him how many times can you stand to be rejected OMG, thankfully his best friend Eric came to the rescue and finally knocked some sense into him. Then there was Jesse I could rant and rave about what an absolute jerk he was he likes to experiment and have sex with Adam even though he constantly tells Adam he's not gay and doesn't ...more
DarienMoya
4.5

Books fall under three catergories for me, the ones I can't wait to read to cause a pants losing, the books I anticipate reading, and the others where the blurb sounds interesting and it gets added to the pile. A Life Without You is one of those where the blurb sounded interesting and I decided to give it a try, well folks I'm glad I said yes to reviewing it because I freaking loved it. It's one of those where I wanna run naked through some fields singing " the hills are a live with the sound
Kade Boehme
Woooow. I put this one off for... Well... A REALLY long time cuz I knew the cheating would kill me. And oh yes, it was a swift kick in the nuts the way the whole thing played out. Good lord. But Jesse, regardless of his mistakes, was so well written because his struggle was understandable and ages old. Not that I condone how he treated the situation but it did give me the willingness to forgive, understanding. I dated a Jesse in college. Hmph ... Literally the same situation (minus the girlfrien ...more
Deeze
Well after all the drama and heartache this ended pretty much perfectly lol.

Throughout this story I've found myself going through a range of emotions, not all of them very nice, towards these 2 guys. lol.

(view spoiler)

For me a sign of a good book is one I get caught up in and have strong reactions t
Mona
**4.5 Heart Wrenching Stars**

description

All the way through...but I loved it!!
Perpetua
Err it's difficult to rate this book. On one hand I don't like cheating so Jesse was not a MC I was all warm and fuzzy over, i wanted to smack the shite out of him a lot of the time actually, but the writing was good and it kept me interested and wanting to read to the end!
Chris
3.5 stars. Good m/m romance about a gay college student who has a crush on his engaged straight best friend and roommate... his apparently bi-curious straight best friend. Emotions definitely run high in this one (and the POV is first-person present), but it worked for me. And I'm very curious to see who the next book will be about!
Nic
Emotional, heart-breaking, happy, passionate......what's not to love! Loved this journey of two people finding their way together.
Veronica /  V
Adriana
I usually don't read books that involve cheating, gay-for-you, man-women sex (when he is gay), and coming out stories, why? I really don't know, maybe to much angst, and even if they end up with a HEA, it's bittersweet, obviously there are some exceptions, some great books contain this themes and are great.

Reading some reviews I know that this book contains three of the topics that I don't like, but seeing this was a gift... I'm gonna give it a chance.

Let's see how it goes.

----------------------
Tiya Rosa
Sep 10, 2012 Tiya Rosa marked it as did-not-finish
DNF at 27% (view spoiler) ...more
Anke
Nik
I really liked this book but holy shit was it angsty. I wanted to punch freaking Jesse in the face and then tell him to find his balls. Jebus Crisp!

That being said, I'm absolutely reading the next one. I can't wait to see if Erika Pike makes me work as hard in the next one as she did in this one.
Erica Pike
Jul 04, 2012 Erica Pike added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: erica-pike-books
The next book in this series is Absolutely Eric, but it can be read as a standalone.
Jaime
This had everything I love reading in a story. Angst, cheating, first times, fighting, break-ups and make-ups. Loved it, and can't wait for the next one.
leigh
A compulsively readable pageturner. 4 stars for engaging narrative voice, palpable sexual tension, and an intriguing ensemble of background characters.

Adam (gay) and Jesse (question mark) each have serious issues. Both are guilty of bad relationship behavior, and both suffer consequences. There are no innocents here. Adam lusts after his straight roommate in creepy fashion from the moment they meet, (view spoiler)
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for Hearts on Fire Reviews and can also be found there.

This is my second story by Erica Pike, but if I hadn’t read the first one I probably never would have dared to read A Life Without You, not to mention the cover that really just puts me off.

Jesse and Adam are roommates at college and while Adam is gay, Jesse has a fiancé back home and is adamantly refusing to give up his dream of marriage and kids despite taking it up the ass daily. I did put it a bit crud
Fehu
4 stars or 4,25 stars
It's the first book I've read by Erica Pike and I was really surprised by this one. Friends to lovers is not really my favorite theme but this one was well done. Even Eric grew on me, but then I was kind of thinking of Paris from Gilmore Girls, after he was introduced, the character at least. This book had good supporting characters which were well developed, had their own personality and not just thrown into the story from time to time. The book had good sexual tension, it
Snowtulip
I must admit that I didn't really have high hopes for this book when I started, but was I wrong. All through the beginning I kept yelling at Adam to get a clue, but love is love. The second part of the story really drew me in. The emotions felt so real and gripping that my heart was just breaking for Adam. Adam's strength to resist Jesse was what kept this story from being an average read, Adam had his self respect back and he was not compromising that...go Adam! Eric's take charge attitude to t ...more
Tina

3,5 stars.

Nice romance about a gay college student who has a crush on his straight best friend and roommate.

The characters were well written and developed. I like reading stories where I get carried away with the emotions and this was one of those.

I loved flamboyant Eric. He was such an amazing friend to Adam in his time of need. Can't wait to read his story. :)
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

Geez but this was one emotional roller coaster. It's YA; it's coming out; it's GFY ... in short, it's a trip. But one that I'm happy I took! I loved Adam. (Yum.) Jesse drove me nuts and Jesse's GF ... don't even go there. The emo in me was in hog heaven.

Bottom line: Be prepared for a serious emo ride. Well worth it!
Julia
Clearly I am a glutton for punishment. This book was angst in high gear, but the right kind of angst. I'm a complete sucker for realistic angst...the kind that anyone could experience in everyday life. I'm especially a sucker for it in this genre. Both MC's were likeable and believable. Adam was just an all around good guy. He had looks, but didn't seem to be aware of them. He was loyal, patient, tender, and simply a sweetheart. He felt everything so deeply. And Jesse, even though I wanted to dr ...more
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews~Lover of all things MM
This book gave me whiplash!! Gah!!! I will review the whole thing after I finish book 2.
Paisley
There are some things I really loved about this story. So much so I had to go and buy the next in the series right away. That being said I also found a bit was hard to take a times - a lot of whining and gut wrenching heartbreak - maybe I am just a glutton for punishment. I always wonder a bit about books about guys with a lot of crying, whining and emotion junk in them that are written by women - hey don't get me wrong - I LOVE emo filled stories.

Most of all I was really entertained - and that
Gabbi

Adam has had a hard time keeping a college roommate. Once the roommate finds out he’s gay, they soon move out, leaving Adam alone. Adam is caught off guard when the handsome and very likeable, Jesse, moves in with him. Try as he might, Adam can’t bring himself to tell Jesse he’s gay, preferring to keep it a secret so he can be around Jesse as much as possible. One night after a long night of partying, the truth comes out, and to Adam’s relief, Jesse seems t
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Adam has always known he was gay. When he develops feelings for his straight roommate, Jesse, things get a little complicated. Especially when said roommate actually might have feelings back. Or at least lust is definitely there.

While Jesse is struggling with his sexual preferences and his feelings for Adam, he chooses to keep whatever relationship they have very private. Taking Adam in the closet with him.

To complicate matters, Jesse is actually engag
Morgana
Read in January:

I was not sure how to rate this. I guess to some extent I even liked it. About 30% of the book was really good, but the more I read the more I was getting tired of this cheating issue. (view spoiler)
Makhda
Gay Romance by Er...: The GRL 2014 Blog Tour 1 1 Aug 14, 2014 04:45PM
Gay Romance by Er...: This topic has been closed to new comments. A Life Without You Giveaway - Congrats Karl :) 1 2 Apr 15, 2013 03:33PM
Gay Romance by Er...: * A Life Without You 4 13 Feb 08, 2013 02:54AM
  • The Decisions We Make
  • Shane and Trey (Enemies to Lovers, #1)
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • Campus Visit
  • Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)
  • Cop Out (Toronto Tales, #1)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Enlightened (Little Boy Lost, #1)
  • Another Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #2)
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Unintended
  • Beggars and Choosers (Beggars and Choosers, #1)
  • Fifteen Shades of Gay (For Pay)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • The Way Back (Kansas #1)
  • Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • More Than Make-Believe
If you're interested in my books, you might want to join my Goodreads group: Gay Romance by Erica Pike.

I haven't been writing since I was in diapers, nor have I been an avid reader since I learned my ABC's. I have, however, always been a daydreamer spinning tales after tales. After having exhausted every possible scenario of man-woman love, I started weaving stories of men who love men. I know! So
More about Erica Pike...

Boston Boys (3 books)
  • Absolutely Eric (Boston Boys, #2)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
Half-Baked Promises (Castor Springs, #1) Absolutely Eric (Boston Boys, #2) Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3) Midnight Muffins (Castor Springs, #2) Hot Hands (College Fun and Gays, # 1)

“Stop brooding. Or at least if you’re gonna continue, don’t sit so close to that cactus. You’re bumming the both of us out. See? Its tiny little cock has gone limp.”

The magazine slides to the floor as I turn my head to see the sorry-looking cactus behind the couch. What Eric is referring to as its penis hangs limp on the ‘body’ like it always has.”
3 likes