Start by marking “Home Port” as Want to Read:
Home Port

Home Port

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  25 reviews
After months at sea, Petty Officer First Class Dean Mendez is back in San Diego, and he knows exactly how he wants to spend his first night home. Is the beautiful boy he finds on a nightclub dance floor the perfect companion for the evening, or is he much more?

Short story, approximately 6000 words.
ebook, Goodreads MM Romance group exclusive edition
Published 2012 by Colleen Coover

To ask other readers questions about Home Port, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Port

Evenfall by Santino HassellFade by Santino HassellShades of Gray by Brooke McKinleyShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderAcclamation by Vee Hoffman
M/M Romance With (Mostly) Grey Covers
120th out of 138 books — 35 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay For You Romance
437th out of 494 books — 1,161 voters

More lists with this book...

Mandy*reads obsessively*
This was a free download at the authors website, and I am so glad I got it!
Sometimes an author can make a short tell you everything you need to know, and even though this story only covers a few hours, it told me the whole story!
It was so sweet, and the little loop the author threw in was great!
I will definitely be checking out what ever else Ms Coover writes.
Yvonne
1.5 stars and that's stretching it Honestly, looking the other reviews I feel like an old meanie but I cannot figure out what others sees in this story. Dean's at a bar when he runs into chief petty officer Mark Lowell who he wasn't aware was gay. He seemed like a great guy and I thought they were the couple of the story, otherwise why bother putting him in it. But no, instead Dean spots a little flighty looking blonde, they hook up for the night and the next section a great deal of time must h ...more
Fangtasia
Dean just got off the boat - he's in the Navy - and he's looking for a good time.

Lovely little short with all the ingredients to hook the reader and leave them wanting more. Two things in particular made this a five star read for me:
*the author did a great job with the plot twist, caught me by suprise *the main characters are an interracial couple. Mmmm... Delicious!

All the characters feel real, good writing, the sex was hot, the ending was sweet.

What's next Ms. Coover?
Vio
A sweet story about Ethan and Dean who are both adorable! A lovely little romance with a nice twist at the end. I am expecting more from this author a sequel about Mark maybe even some more about Ethan and Dean and their new life.
Lena♥Ribka

1,8 stars

I can't say it was bad written, but the story is about NOTHING.
Boring and without any chemistry.
Lily Pilly
sometimes it pays to judge a book by its cover!!! I really liked this short sweet story that I found on kindle as a "free" read. I love the little cute twist at the end that made me "awww" and put a smile on my face....it has no melodrama...bad...sinister or things that made me all distressed...just sweet romantic loving story about these two lovely guys!!! Nice way to start my FRIDAY EVENING!
Jora
Quick read, twist, happy ending, free download. What are you waiting for?
Nicole
Loved it! Would totally read this author in a full length book, loved the set-up, the characters were so well described in such a short time. Hot, fun, cute. romantic all in one.
Thorny
That was wonderful! :)
Liz Winters
This was a superbly executed short story. I don't know if I can rave about it enough. I hardly ever re-read anything, and I've re-read this story three times since I downloaded it three days ago. For me, it's that good.

I instantly fell in love with the author's voice and powers of description that made me feel as though I was in the scene, observing real people from the sidelines. I loved the characters; I loved the plot (including the red herrings and sleights of hand (tongue?) that were desig
Angel **Book Junkie**
|First and foremost I stopped reading this book at 45% when I saw the F** word. I hate that word and I hate when it is used in the context it was used in. No, I do not mean the curse F word but the F word that some people use to describe Gay men. I normally like M/M books but this one I did not like it at all. This is personal and I am not saying you all should not try it. Just was not the book for me.
Furio
While writing strictu senso is decent, there is hardly anything else in this little romance.
There is no tension, no conflict, no emotion. It is just a very bare depiction of two men meeting and falling for each other.
It was free but it is hardly worth the time it took to read it.
Colleen Coover
Apr 08, 2013 Colleen Coover added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, free, free-read
Now free on Smashwords, Amazon, Nook, and Kobo! Slightly updated from the original free Goodreads MM Romance group exclusive edition.
Janie
What a very sweet short story. Was totally not expecting the ending. But I'd like to know what happened with Mark? Did he find someone?
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Sean
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Alycia
This was a lovely little romance about Ethan and Dean, and it had a nice twist at the end.
E. R.
I liked it. Nice how it flowed. Given what kind of story it is, it was a nice one.
Miriki
Short & cute. although the opening was too long and not really entertaining.
Thea Nishimori
A nice short story. Made me want to read more by this author.
Veronica /  V
I love this story, so cute and the ending was lovely.
Lily
Cute, free story with a nice sweet ending.
Dena
short and sweet-really enjoyed it!
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Oct 20, 2014
daggerhpbrs
daggerhpbrs marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dirty Zero (Zero to Hero, #1)
  • Lazy Valentines
  • Swept Away
  • Tomfoolery
  • A.S.H.E.R.
  • You and a Billion Blue Tiles
  • And to All a Good Night (Life Lessons, #1.5)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Just Be
  • Deep in the Count
  • Like & Subscribe
  • Look Sharp (Hidden Talents, #3)
  • Salvation
Colleen Coover is an acclaimed illustrator and comic book artist/writer. She is fond of cheese, and despises the color purple (the actual hue, not the movie or the book. They're OK, she guesses, if a bit schlocky.) You can learn more about Colleen at http://www.colleencoover.net

Most of my Goodreads reviews are probably going to be of books I really really liked and want to recommend to others. Mos
More about Colleen Coover...
Bandette, Volume 1: Presto! Small Favors, Vol. 1 Small Favors, Vol. 2 Adventure Time: The Flip Side #1 Adventure Time: The Flip Side

“Man, that kind of little honeybee just buzzes from flower to flower."
"Maybe, but honey is sweet, you know?”
2 likes