Start by marking “St-st-stuffed (Enemies to Lovers, #2)” as Want to Read:
St-st-stuffed (Enemies to Lovers, #2)

St-st-stuffed (Enemies to Lovers #2)

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  1,223 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Other than his most prized Lamborghini, Karl Andrews has nothing to his name. He’s down on his luck and his dollar, and his dream of becoming a professional chef is looking more and more like a pipe-dream. Even less than a pipe-dream when restaurants won’t even take him on as a waiter.
And he won’t ever, no not ever, consider selling his one possession. No matter how much
Published January 22nd 2012 by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.

To ask other readers questions about St-st-stuffed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about St-st-stuffed

Emma Sea
This is an adorable and happy spin-off romance, which I liked even more than the original novel (which I'm still reading). The story seems incredibly true-to-life; no melodrama, just the small quiet moments of tension, concern, care, and love that make up a life.

Sunday depicts day-to-day moments really well, and also manages to show realistic tensions around coming out and self-acceptance, without resorting to overwrought hurt-comfort tropes. The whole thing just seemed so real, with great char
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Kindle Freebie again today 7/6/13!**

**Read December 13, 2012**

This book was a sweet, cute read. However, I thought it lacked a level of heat and passion. Yes it drags a bit, yes there is nothing new explored but I still couldn't help but enjoy myself while reading the story. It just didn't WOW me. Great deal for the price though!
Jenni Lea
Aug 19, 2013 Jenni Lea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-reads

An easy read that pulled at my heartstrings quite a bit while also turning me into a pile of smoopy sighs and silly grins. The one thing that stood out for me the most though was how incredibly honest this book was.

This was my first Anyta Sunday book.

It won't be my last.

She-sha, she-sha!
Giulio
I really liked this story. It’s a sort of spin-off from Ms Sunday’s previous book Shane and Trey but it can easily be read as a stand-alone. At a glance the plot seems pretty simple: when they were children, Karl bullied Paul cruelly. They meet again many years later when Karl (would-be chef), in desperate need of a job, applies to be a “Girl Friday” for Paul, now a successful (widowed) businessman, and his little kid Charlie.
At a deeper level, there are many aspects which I found really intere
Vilda
Rating: 3,5 stars

I won't be writing a full review for it, but I just have to say:
So freaking cute! LOVED them, and Charlie <3 Just AWWW.

March 20, 2014:
OMG, it's the Kyle and (ohsoadorable) Paul?! I need this now!!!
V
Mar 03, 2012 V rated it liked it
I went to bed at 01:00am reading this story, why? I really don't know. It wasn't worth to sleep only 4 hours for this book.
It was a nice story don't get me wrong, but that all it was.
I was always waiting for something exciting to happen but it never did.
If you are looking for a fantastic reading, I'm afraid this is not the one.
The few Sex scenes were the most boring a have ever read, I don't need a sex marathon to keep me happy. I just want one sex scene to feel all warm inside, with that nice l
Mandapanda
Feb 02, 2012 Mandapanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Another nice long read from Anyta Sunday. This book explores the enemies-to-lovers theme with two characters who were kids in her previous novel Shane and Trey.

When they were children, Karl bullied the shy and stuttering Paul mercilessly. Now adults and Karl's been disowned by his parents for being gay and he's out of work. All he has left is the old car his grandfather left him and his love of cooking. Desperate for work he applies to be a Girl Friday and is shocked and chagrined to find his ne
Ami
May 03, 2014 Ami rated it liked it
Recommended to Ami by: Arthur

I sure like the premise -- not the "enemies to lovers" premise (my weakness is "FRIENDS to lovers" :p) but the idea of Karl becoming Paul's manny. What can I say, I love THAT plot (I need more "manny" stories :p). I thought Charlie (Paul's son) was really, REALLY adorable, and he was my favorite character of this book.

I liked slow-burned relationship -- but I must admit that at times, this felt a bit too slow. I guess maybe because we knew the 'real' problem was, Paul's concern about th
Vivian
Nov 02, 2012 Vivian rated it really liked it
I liked this so much more than I expected. I feel ridiculously gooey inside, like stupidly smiley and I usually hate myself like that--so I guess I was in the perfect frame of mind for this story. I like that the forgiveness was earned and that Paul and Karl didn't just fall together; it took time. There were starts and stops and Charlie was a wonder. I want that monkey's magic.
Arthur
Mar 02, 2012 Arthur rated it it was amazing
Karl often bullied Paul in elementary school (We see them as kids in Shane and Trey). This book is their story when they were both 27 yrs old.

The book starts with them meeting again for the first time after many tears and led to Karl getting fired from his job. Paul hired him to become Friday Girl, ie, a nanny, for his son Charlie. Charlie's mom, Laura, died 4 yrs ago giving birth to him. Slowly, the boss/employee's relation changed into something else. Paul, however, still had an unfinished bus
Simon
Jan 27, 2015 Simon rated it really liked it
Loved it. Can't say it's not the kind of thing I've read before, theme wise, enemies to lovers, but hey....this is my kind of thing, so I gravitate towards this theme and plot lines.
The synopsis says it all. There's little to add apart from I cried which is always a plus, oh and there is a four year old as one of the secondary characters which surprisingly didn't bother me. I seem to be on a roll regarding small people in m/m novels at the moment. I wonder if authors in this genre feel a gay man
SheReadsALot
I really liked this story. The title was pretty awesome. It was a realistic love story, not without some bumps in the road. But really believable. I like Karl and Paul together. And Charlie? He pulls the heart strings.
Deeze
Jul 29, 2013 Deeze rated it liked it
Recommended to Deeze by: Lily Pilly
Another hard one to rate.

This started out strong. I was definitely interested in learning about Paul and Karl's past and seeing how they over came everything. But sadly I never felt we saw enough to give me an interest in them.

After the first quarter I started to feel a little bored. The story was slow moving, long without actually telling you anything new. I did love the way Charlie was portrayed. He was my favorite person in this story lol.

I did appreciate the way the grand parents were portra
Penny
Jun 04, 2012 Penny rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-for-me
About 20% into this book I wanted to stop, but I pushed ahead and continued reading. The only character I liked was the kid. I found the pacing slow and kept wishing the story would hurry up and be over. I didn't connect with the character and the story line was similiar to many of the other books I've read. With that said I know other's will find this book enjoyable and I hope they do. It just didn't work for me.
Anke
May 11, 2012 Anke rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book and it came along just when I needed it:). The pacing was very good, a bit of drama but no wallowing in it. The kid was too cute and the secondary characters - most of all Gill - were a very good mix as well. Yes, the whole package left me with a smile and now I'm starting with the follow-up.
Lori
Mar 17, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: bmbr-reads
The perfect Sunday. Sunshine, happy children, singing birds and an Anyta Sunday book. Loved this as much as the first one. Book 3 here I come.
Furio
Apr 23, 2013 Furio rated it really liked it
While this M/M romance has its flaws, several flaws actually, it also sports that special quality that is essential to these light reads: it plunges its reader into its pages making him care for the lovers and their happily ever after.

As a critical reviewer has pointed out, editing is quite an issue here. Typos abound and there are some obnoxious name switches as well. Once Karl is even called "Kyle".
Editing aside, some pages are overwritten and overdescribed. There is also a tendency to overind
L'marie
Feb 15, 2012 L'marie rated it really liked it
Sandra
3.5 stars OK, this was pretty cute. Probably the only thing that made me round down was... brace yourselves... The Sex! It was just meh for me. The first time they do it it jumped from penetration to post-coital. I had to look back to make sure I didn't miss something, nope, they just skimmed over the good stuff. Then they ENTIRELY SKIP (view spoiler), WTF?!? And the the random addition of some mild BDSM just seemed totally out of left field.

Anyway
Shelby P
Aug 21, 2012 Shelby P rated it it was ok
I'm surprised I didn't enjoy this book as much as I expected since it has two MCs who take their time getting to know each other and it had an adorable child. First problem was the book was too long. Second problem was the way it was written; I didn't like the spacing of the paragraphs which lead to a choppy read. Third problem I got bored with the story quick and started skimming. I never felt a deep connection/chemistry between Paul and Karl.

The one saving grace was Charlie. He stole every sce
Laura V.
Siento algo off con esta serie que no me deja disfrutarlo. Se lee, pero no dejo de pensar de otra cosa cuando lo leo, de levantar la vista, de querer que termine. Seré yo o será él.
Caroline Brand
Sep 05, 2013 Caroline Brand rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Caroline by: Shelby
Karl is down on his luck. His ex boyfriend proposed and outed him in front of his family. The family then disowned him and things are going from bad to worse. When he loses his current job and fails to make the rent he ends up sleeping in his car.

After applying and failing at every job interview he has applied for he is losing all hope of ever realising his dream job of a chef. In desperation he applies for a 'Girl Friday' position. When he walks into the office for his interview he nearly dies
Plainbrownwrapper
Nov 21, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Ehhh. Predictable plotting with some really dumb elements. Not bad overall, but not a standout either.

Also, I'm getting irritated about "worldbuilding" problems between the three books of the series. For instance, with the timeline -- the first book seems to be a contemporary. But the second book MCs are grown up versions of minor characters in the first book, so there's roughly 20 years between the two books -- even though there was no evidence, either in terms of technology or culture, that th
Candice
Nov 20, 2014 Candice rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Don't get me wrong, I liked this. But, there was something missing. I REALLY liked Charlie. He was adorable. Probably my favorite character in the book.

Karl and Paul? Well, I think I needed something from Paul's POV. My heart did break for Paul at times, but I thought he should have known his friends/family a little better. I didn't get the heat/passion from these two. They were kind of just "blah".

It was a nice story I just wanted more.
Emma
Mar 02, 2017 Emma rated it liked it
I enjoyed this second installment in Anyta Sunday's Enemies to lovers series. Again the enemies part is pretty absent. In this case they were enemies as pre-teens. Maybe even younger. They have not seen each other since school and are 28. Paul has every reason to dislike Karl but almost immediately steps away from that and offers Karl a chance, giving him a desperately needed job. The love story that develops from that is very sweet and an easy read. The secondary characters are nicely drawn and ...more
Raff Duk
Apr 01, 2017 Raff Duk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
Elyxyz
Mar 13, 2017 Elyxyz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Questo è il terzo libro che leggo di Anyta Sunday e finora ha sempre fatto centro.
Certo, dalla sua presentazione, ho capito che amiamo entrambe gli stessi temi trattati dei romanzi – a lei piace scriverli, a me piace leggerli – quindi parte avvantaggiata, ma questa storia è davvero bellissima.
Karl e Paul si conoscono fin dall’infanzia, ma non sono mai stati amici, anzi. Karl era un bulletto che ha reso il periodo della scuola elementare un vero inferno per il piccolo Paul, che al tempo era un b
Elisa Rolle
Don’t know why but I had the wrong idea this was a paranormal romance, and on the contrary it’s far from it. St-St-Stuffed is a contemporary novel, about two young men, and they fall in love, so you can add “romance” to the description, but I wanted to highlight this is more wide story than the love story.

This is the story of Karl and his search for a path in life, and of Paul, who was thinking to have found that path and instead everything crushed around him. Karl and Paul together is another s
Katharina
Mar 29, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I have to say, Anyta Sunday is seriously messing with my reading order here. I mean, I've taken the time to create this beautiful what-to-read-soon list with an order and everything (and I just LOVE my lists ;D), and then there comes this series out of the blue and all these books are just jumping the cue from way behind to 1st place. It's not fair, really. And I just can't stop them, because these books... well, they're kind of addictive. I've read the first and now... I think, I just have to r ...more
Bea
Nov 18, 2014 Bea rated it it was ok
Es más aburrido, lento y denso que el anterior.
De nuevo la historia en conjunto no está mal, pero tiene capítulos en los que pensé seriamente dejar el libro (de hecho, lo dejé por una tarde para releerme otro relato corto :P)
No termina de convencerme la línea de tiempo. Si no recuerdo mal, los protagonistas se supone que tienen entre 6 y 7 años en el primer libro. Han pasado unos 20 años, sin embargo esto no se deja ver en la historia. Ambas están ambientadas en el presente. No es que quiera qu
  • Falling Off the Face of the Earth
  • Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion, #1)
  • Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • Hanging Loose
  • The Other Guy
  • Nothing Ever Happens
  • Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated #1)
  • Puppy Love 2: Building a Family (Puppy Love #2)
  • Absolutely Eric (Boston Boys, #2)
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Grand Slam
  • Flux (Ennek #2)
  • Red+Blue (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Cop Out (Toronto Tales, #1)
  • Handyman (Handyman #1)
  • The Rebuilding Year (The Rebuilding Year, #1)
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
Hey guys,

A bit about me: I'm a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.

Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, GFY/OFY, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.

I write a variety of stories, Contempo
More about Anyta Sunday...

Enemies to Lovers (4 books)
  • Shane and Trey (Enemies to Lovers Book 1)
  • William (Enemies to Lovers, #3)
  • The F Words (Enemies to Lovers, # 4)

“Pop said life was like learning to drive. You were bound to fuck up, make mistakes, maybe even cause an accident, but if you practice and follow the rules, people didn’t have to get hurt—and one day you’d just get better at it. Just don’t . . . give it up, he said.” 3 likes