Start by marking “St-st-stuffed (Enemies to Lovers, #2)” as Want to Read:
St-st-stuffed (Enemies to Lovers, #2)

St-st-stuffed (Enemies to Lovers #2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  868 ratings  ·  102 reviews
Other than his most prized Lamborghini, Karl Andrews has nothing to his name. He’s down on his luck and his dollar, and his dream of becoming a professional chef is looking more and more like a pipe-dream. Even less than a pipe-dream when restaurants won’t even take him on as a waiter.
And he won’t ever, no not ever, consider selling his one possession. No matter how much
Published January 22nd 2012 by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.

To ask other readers questions about St-st-stuffed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about St-st-stuffed

Emma Sea
This is an adorable and happy spin-off romance, which I liked even more than the original novel (which I'm still reading). The story seems incredibly true-to-life; no melodrama, just the small quiet moments of tension, concern, care, and love that make up a life.

Sunday depicts day-to-day moments really well, and also manages to show realistic tensions around coming out and self-acceptance, without resorting to overwrought hurt-comfort tropes. The whole thing just seemed so real, with great char
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Kindle Freebie again today 7/6/13!**

**Read December 13, 2012**

This book was a sweet, cute read. However, I thought it lacked a level of heat and passion. Yes it drags a bit, yes there is nothing new explored but I still couldn't help but enjoy myself while reading the story. It just didn't WOW me. Great deal for the price though!
Jenni Lea

An easy read that pulled at my heartstrings quite a bit while also turning me into a pile of smoopy sighs and silly grins. The one thing that stood out for me the most though was how incredibly honest this book was.

This was my first Anyta Sunday book.

It won't be my last.

She-sha, she-sha!
Giulio
I really liked this story. It’s a sort of spin-off from Ms Sunday’s previous book Shane and Trey but it can easily be read as a stand-alone. At a glance the plot seems pretty simple: when they were children, Karl bullied Paul cruelly. They meet again many years later when Karl (would-be chef), in desperate need of a job, applies to be a “Girl Friday” for Paul, now a successful (widowed) businessman, and his little kid Charlie.
At a deeper level, there are many aspects which I found really intere
Vilda
Rating: 3,5 stars

I won't be writing a full review for it, but I just have to say:
So freaking cute! LOVED them, and Charlie <3 Just AWWW.

March 20, 2014:
OMG, it's the Kyle and (ohsoadorable) Paul?! I need this now!!!
Veronica /  V
I went to bed at 01:00am reading this story, why? I really don't know. It wasn't worth to sleep only 4 hours for this book.
It was a nice story don't get me wrong, but that all it was.
I was always waiting for something exciting to happen but it never did.
If you are looking for a fantastic reading, I'm afraid this is not the one.
The few Sex scenes were the most boring a have ever read, I don't need a sex marathon to keep me happy. I just want one sex scene to feel all warm inside, with that nice l
MandyM
Another nice long read from Anyta Sunday. This book explores the enemies-to-lovers theme with two characters who were kids in her previous novel Shane and Trey.

When they were children, Karl bullied the shy and stuttering Paul mercilessly. Now adults and Karl's been disowned by his parents for being gay and he's out of work. All he has left is the old car his grandfather left him and his love of cooking. Desperate for work he applies to be a Girl Friday and is shocked and chagrined to find his ne
Vivian
I liked this so much more than I expected. I feel ridiculously gooey inside, like stupidly smiley and I usually hate myself like that--so I guess I was in the perfect frame of mind for this story. I like that the forgiveness was earned and that Paul and Karl didn't just fall together; it took time. There were starts and stops and Charlie was a wonder. I want that monkey's magic.
Ami

I sure like the premise -- not the "enemies to lovers" premise (my weakness is "FRIENDS to lovers" :p) but the idea of Karl becoming Paul's manny. What can I say, I love THAT plot (I need more "manny" stories :p). I thought Charlie (Paul's son) was really, REALLY adorable, and he was my favorite character of this book.

I liked slow-burned relationship -- but I must admit that at times, this felt a bit too slow. I guess maybe because we knew the 'real' problem was, Paul's concern about th
Arthur
Karl often bullied Paul in elementary school (We see them as kids in Shane and Trey). This book is their story when they were both 27 yrs old.

The book starts with them meeting again for the first time after many tears and led to Karl getting fired from his job. Paul hired him to become Friday Girl, ie, a nanny, for his son Charlie. Charlie's mom, Laura, died 4 yrs ago giving birth to him. Slowly, the boss/employee's relation changed into something else. Paul, however, still had an unfinished bus
SheReadsALot
I really liked this story. The title was pretty awesome. It was a realistic love story, not without some bumps in the road. But really believable. I like Karl and Paul together. And Charlie? He pulls the heart strings.
Deeze
Aug 01, 2013 Deeze rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Deeze by: Lily Pilly
Another hard one to rate.

This started out strong. I was definitely interested in learning about Paul and Karl's past and seeing how they over came everything. But sadly I never felt we saw enough to give me an interest in them.

After the first quarter I started to feel a little bored. The story was slow moving, long without actually telling you anything new. I did love the way Charlie was portrayed. He was my favorite person in this story lol.

I did appreciate the way the grand parents were portra
Simon
Loved it. Can't say it's not the kind of thing I've read before, theme wise, enemies to lovers, but hey....this is my kind of thing, so I gravitate towards this theme and plot lines.
The synopsis says it all. There's little to add apart from I cried which is always a plus, oh and there is a four year old as one of the secondary characters which surprisingly didn't bother me. I seem to be on a roll regarding small people in m/m novels at the moment. I wonder if authors in this genre feel a gay man
Anke
What a wonderful book and it came along just when I needed it:). The pacing was very good, a bit of drama but no wallowing in it. The kid was too cute and the secondary characters - most of all Gill - were a very good mix as well. Yes, the whole package left me with a smile and now I'm starting with the follow-up.
Lori
The perfect Sunday. Sunshine, happy children, singing birds and an Anyta Sunday book. Loved this as much as the first one. Book 3 here I come.
L'marie
Furio
While this M/M romance has its flaws, several flaws actually, it also sports that special quality that is essential to these light reads: it plunges its reader into its pages making him care for the lovers and their happily ever after.

As a critical reviewer has pointed out, editing is quite an issue here. Typos abound and there are some obnoxious name switches as well. Once Karl is even called "Kyle".
Editing aside, some pages are overwritten and overdescribed. There is also a tendency to overind
Sandra
3.5 stars OK, this was pretty cute. Probably the only thing that made me round down was... brace yourselves... The Sex! It was just meh for me. The first time they do it it jumped from penetration to post-coital. I had to look back to make sure I didn't miss something, nope, they just skimmed over the good stuff. Then they ENTIRELY SKIP (view spoiler), WTF?!? And the the random addition of some mild BDSM just seemed totally out of left field.

Anyway
Caroline Brand
Karl is down on his luck. His ex boyfriend proposed and outed him in front of his family. The family then disowned him and things are going from bad to worse. When he loses his current job and fails to make the rent he ends up sleeping in his car.

After applying and failing at every job interview he has applied for he is losing all hope of ever realising his dream job of a chef. In desperation he applies for a 'Girl Friday' position. When he walks into the office for his interview he nearly dies
Candice
3.5 Stars

Don't get me wrong, I liked this. But, there was something missing. I REALLY liked Charlie. He was adorable. Probably my favorite character in the book.

Karl and Paul? Well, I think I needed something from Paul's POV. My heart did break for Paul at times, but I thought he should have known his friends/family a little better. I didn't get the heat/passion from these two. They were kind of just "blah".

It was a nice story I just wanted more.
Penny
About 20% into this book I wanted to stop, but I pushed ahead and continued reading. The only character I liked was the kid. I found the pacing slow and kept wishing the story would hurry up and be over. I didn't connect with the character and the story line was similiar to many of the other books I've read. With that said I know other's will find this book enjoyable and I hope they do. It just didn't work for me.
Stephanie Book Capa
Sweet love story

I adore this story. I laughed, cried, clenched my gut... you name it and I did it with this story.

Paul runs in to his ex elementary school rival, Paul. Then when he goes to apply for a "nanny" job, it so happens it is Paul again. Deciding to make up for the time he tortured Paul, he puts everything he can into this job and they fastly become friends...thought, getting to the lovers part is quite a struggle.

Charlie, Paul's 4 year old son is such a cutie pie. He really adds to the
Elisa Rolle
Don’t know why but I had the wrong idea this was a paranormal romance, and on the contrary it’s far from it. St-St-Stuffed is a contemporary novel, about two young men, and they fall in love, so you can add “romance” to the description, but I wanted to highlight this is more wide story than the love story.

This is the story of Karl and his search for a path in life, and of Paul, who was thinking to have found that path and instead everything crushed around him. Karl and Paul together is another s
Katharina
I have to say, Anyta Sunday is seriously messing with my reading order here. I mean, I've taken the time to create this beautiful what-to-read-soon list with an order and everything (and I just LOVE my lists ;D), and then there comes this series out of the blue and all these books are just jumping the cue from way behind to 1st place. It's not fair, really. And I just can't stop them, because these books... well, they're kind of addictive. I've read the first and now... I think, I just have to r ...more
Plainbrownwrapper
Ehhh. Predictable plotting with some really dumb elements. Not bad overall, but not a standout either.

Also, I'm getting irritated about "worldbuilding" problems between the three books of the series. For instance, with the timeline -- the first book seems to be a contemporary. But the second book MCs are grown up versions of minor characters in the first book, so there's roughly 20 years between the two books -- even though there was no evidence, either in terms of technology or culture, that th
Eve
This was a fun read throughout. The book is just the right length for the story, and the story itself is interesting and enjoyable. There were delightful notes of irony (view spoiler) an ...more
Bea
Wow! I can't believe how great this book was. I ran across this novel as recommended novel on the M/M Group discussion board.

What also was amazing? This book was .99 on Amazon, what an incredible value!

This is a story of two men, one a former bully (Karl) and a former stutterer (Paul). Karl is now down on his luck and alienated by his family because of his sexuality. Desperate, Karl begins working for Paul.

We see this story through Karl's perspective, so there were times where I wish I have seen
Jane (PS)

Sweet story. I was concerned at the beginning that the bullying would be too much the focus, but really it is all addressed pretty quickly. Loved the MCs and Charlie. My main comment was that it was just a bit too long and that is my half star deduction...

BTW - is this set in NZ? As far as I'm aware, that is where the University of Otago is? If so, I wish I'd known that from the beginning as I struggled to work out where this story was set... I like to have settings clear in head from t
Charly
Good story, but I wish the writing were better

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 5/10

PROS:
- I liked the premise: that a boy who’d been made fun of would grow into a hunk of a man and be attractive to someone who used to torment him as a child.
- Paul’s tendency to stutter when he’s excited or nervous is cute. It reminds Karl repeatedly of the men’s history.
- Some of the actions and comments of Paul’s son, Charlie, are pretty amusing. And I was glad tha
Kerenza
1 day later and I miss Karly and Paul!! And charlie!
  • Falling Off the Face of the Earth
  • Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion, #1)
  • The Only Gold
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • The Other Guy
  • Hanging Loose
  • Coming Home (Rock Bay, #1)
  • Rock and a Hard Place
  • Winter Wolf (Axton & Leander, #1)
  • Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs, #1)
  • Not His Kiss to Take
  • The Rebuilding Year
  • Flux (Ennek #2)
  • Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #1)
  • Aiden's Luck (Seattle Stories, #3)
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Handyman (Handyman #1)
  • ABEL 1: It Can't Be You (Phoenix Club, #1)
Contact details: http://www.anytasunday.com/?page_id=386

* * * * * * * *

I accept Friend Requests for anyone over 18. :)

* * * * * * * *

My rating policy (as of Jan 2015):

I'm only rating books with 4 stars this year. At the end of every month, I'll go through my 4 stars and see which books I feel still touch me and bump it to 5. All books less than 3.5 stars (in my personal opinion) will not be rate
More about Anyta Sunday...

Enemies to Lovers (4 books)
  • Shane and Trey (Enemies to Lovers, #1)
  • William (Enemies to Lovers, #3)
  • The F Words (Enemies to Lovers, # 4)
Rock Shane and Trey (Enemies to Lovers, #1) Taboo For You 500 Kisses to Steal a Heart William (Enemies to Lovers, #3)

“Pop said life was like learning to drive. You were bound to fuck up, make mistakes, maybe even cause an accident, but if you practice and follow the rules, people didn’t have to get hurt—and one day you’d just get better at it. Just don’t . . . give it up, he said.” 3 likes