Balance

Balance

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
THE BLAST... A worldwide snowstorm that brings with it a terminal virus.

THE DEAD RISE... But something deep within hasn't died. The thing they loved most when alive still burns bright, at odds with a predacious hunger they can't control or understand.

GEOFF AND AMANDA... Have survived The Blast. The bad news: 650 miles of treacherous, zombie infested road separates them.

An...more
Paperback, 1st Print Edition, 138 pages
Published January 9th 2012 by Evil Jester Press

Abby
I got this book as part of a First Reads giveaway.

A worldwide turn in the weather has caused widespread disruption. People are trapped in their homes without electricity and roads are closed. A virus has spread that brings the victims to death, and then back to life as zombies! We briefly meet some very real, very scared characters and see how they respond to the disaster.

This story is very well written and delivers on many levels - emotional involvement, action, mystery.

Peter Giglio is a name...more
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
First off lets get the technicalities out of the way. I won this book through Goodreads Read it First. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated in any way for them.

That being said here is my review:

When I saw this book on my Goodreads recommendations list and that it had a giveaway I immediately entered. It is no secret that I love Zombies, and this one looked unique in that the Zombies still had a bit of consciousness left to them.

The book heavily focuses on a female named Amanda and h...more
David Watson
The Blast, a worldwide snowstorm that blanketed the whole planet and brought with it a terminal virus. It came without warning in October and left just as suddenly, but before it left, infected humans started to change and eat the flesh of the living.

The story takes place after the blast and follows six main characters in the zombie infected world, as they try to find balance in their lives. The characters include Geoff, a sad man trying to find what he wants in life and is in love with Amanda,...more
Flint Macwood
You get to see what happens to the mind of people when they are faced with a devastated world. And to up the ante, the zombies in this story aren't your garden variety. There is something inside of the walking dead, something from their former lives that thuds deep within their psyche. For some, an overwhelming desire to continue life, with only the need for human flesh being any kind of change. For others, true love still lingers.

But, as they continue on, they slowly lose the humanity.

No matter...more
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Angel Gelique
Angel Gelique marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
S.S.
S.S. marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Julie Reads
Julie Reads marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Lisa Gorden
Lisa Gorden marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Steven Simpson
Steven Simpson marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Darcy Leerhoff
Darcy Leerhoff marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Alisha Cleek
Alisha Cleek marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Kelly Anderson
Kelly Anderson marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Jonny Kelley
Jonny Kelley marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
An active member of the Horror Writers Association and the International Thriller Writers, Peter Giglio is the author of five novels, four novellas, and his short fiction can be found in several books, including two comprehensive genre anthologies edited by New York Times Bestselling author John Skipp. With co-writer Scott Bradley, Peter is actively shopping a feature-length screen adaptation of J...more
More about Peter Giglio...
Help! Wanted: Tales of On-The-Job Terror Anon (Anon Duology, #1) Sunfall Manor Lesser Creatures When We Fall