Start by marking “Zero Balance (Eviscerating the Snake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zero Balance (Eviscerating the Snake, #2)

Zero Balance (Eviscerating the Snake #2)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Nine months ago, Audra Tanner exposed the hidden secrets locked away at the prestigious accounting firm of Winscott & Associates. No one escaped her wrath. And once the smoke had cleared, everyone watched as the diabolical Olin Kemper was led away in handcuffs. Now Audra's meticulous revenge has thrust her into the role of managing partner.

But the firm is struggling t
Published February 1st 2012 by World Castle Publishing (first published January 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zero Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zero Balance

Bill Talcott
Last year I entered a book drawing in support of a new author I had met. Ms. Ashley Fontainne was giving away a couple of signed copies of her debut novel, Accountable to None. I usually don’t read in the genre that she writes in but once I began reading Accountable to None I was caught by surprise. I found that I could not put the book down and was taking it with me to work to read on lunch breaks. With her first novel, Ms Fontainne had me reading out of my genre and liking it! As a Matter of f ...more
Heather
I won this book on a goodreads giveaway, I wasn't aware that it was part of a sequel until I started reading it. To credit the author she did a good job of tying the two books together for those of us who didnt read the first. I enjoyed reading Zero Balance, it was a fast paced well written book. I plan on picking up the first book and any books that follow Zero balance.
Lilmissmolly
Zero Balance is the second book in the Eviscerating the Snake series by Ashley Fontainne. In the first book, Accountable to None, we are introduced to the employees and partners in the prestigious Arizona accounting firm of Winscott & Associates, where the unspeakable happens daily by Olin, the managing partner, and everyone turns a blind eye to his torrid acts. Not anymore. Our heroine, Audra, puts an end to Olin’s tyranny and he is now behind bars.

Zero Balance begins one week prior to Oli
Sandy Wolters
I can't stop thinking about this book!

ZERO BALANCE is book two in the Eviscerating the Snake series. I highly recommend that you read book one, ACCOUNTABLE TO NONE, first, so you don't miss a thing.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! Often times a reader will pick up the second book in a series to be sorely disappointed because they enjoyed the first book so much. That is not the case with ZERO BALANCE by ASHLEY FONTAINNE. I'm going to try to write this review without giving too much of the story away. That's go
Karen
ZERO BALANCE
Sometimes revenge and being blinded by love can send one over the edge. That is what has happened to Piper, a former CPA who lost her loose grip on sanity. She finds out her husband is gay, the subject of her desires doesn’t want her and commits suicide when scandal threatens to break loose. The man she had an affair with rejects her and is now doing time for previous crimes. Yet poor misguided Piper still envisions a future with Olin Kemper and will do anything to set him free espe
Del Garrett
It has been said that revenge is a dish best served cold, but Ashley Fontaine is hot, hot, hot. Following the success of her highly acclaimed novel, ACCOUNTABLE TO NONE, this up and coming author has created a compelling drama in ZERO BALANCE that leads her readers on a fast-paced journey of action by an ingénue damaged beyond repair, but with cunning and vengeance on her mind. Fontaine writes well, populating her story with gritty, yet sympathetic characters who give readers an edge-of-the-seat ...more
Maria Wilson
Just as gripping as the first novel, only this one is a lot darker. Once again this author has you glued to the pages, anxiously waiting to find out what happens next. This story is also considerably longer than Accountable to None which I loved; I enjoyed spending more time with the characters. I even managed to get myself a new book boyfriend in the form of Steve. The detective we met in ATN. He's such a sweetheart. I want one.

This book is not the normal predictable story, and I defy anyone t
R J Mckay
"Zero Balance" by Ashley Fontainne is the ultimate revenge novel. The reason I say "ultimate" is because the revenge is carried out by four different characters at the same time. This book is easy to read and has wonderful characters. You smile when Audra's plot works wonderfully and cringe when it starts to backfire on her. Just when you think you've got a handle on the plot it goes sideways. Ashley deftly weaves the story tighter and tighter until it grabs you by the throat. "Oh No!" ... is al ...more
Sixth Dimension Audiobook Reviews
"Excellent Story of Revenge and Suspense!"
If I could sum up 'Zero Balance' in three words,
1. EdgeOfYourSeatExcitement
2. SupsensefulPageturner
3. UnforgettableRevenge
The plot in this story kept me on the edge of my seat and lingering on every word. You get to know the characters inside and out. Vividly. Their thoughts and actions. The author and narrator give so much attention to detail, it's brilliant.
I like the way Sara Morsey is able to change her tone and feel for each character with a distin
Terri
A never ending thrill ride!!!

I want to start my review by saying I read / listened to this book via audible.com. I find audiobooks to hold way more excitement & danger than just my own reading. I love how narrators have a way of pulling the best of the stories out at just the right times, along with proper pronunciations & accents. I think of how people always say the books was better (when referring to a movie), well in audio, we have the best of both worlds! When you have a great aut
Grammar*Kitten
I was lucky enough to win a copy of Zero Balance in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I read the first novel in this trilogy, Accountable to None, in preparation for receiving this novel. I was very glad I did, as it was an exceptional book, more leaving me gagging for this instalment than merely whetting my appetite as I had anticipated.

This novel certainly does not disappoint either; it had me reading with an increased heart rate and heavy breathing. It's action packed and sinister from the of
Kevin Hammond
it turns out this revenge business is getting very complicated
I thought the first story had a decent close of its own and it might be hard to see where a sequel was going to go. but as it turns out, the description of the company as being a pit of snakes was very apt. the story has become so much more than one woman's revenge, as everybody reveals their motivations and secret plans.
I think this is where the layout of the story comes into play. this one is more of a series of short stories reflec
Donna Thompson
Be prepared to read not one, not two, but three books when you start reading Ashley Fontainne's Eviscerating the Snake series, starting with Accountable to None, continuing with Zero Balance and ending with Adjusting Journal Entries.

I just finished Zero Balance in a white heat, literally unable to put the book down until the end. And what an ending! Even though you are privy to the inner workings of each character's convoluted mind, they still manage to shock and surprise you.

Eviscerating the Sn
BestChickLit.com
BestChickLit predicted that book two in the Eviscerating the Snake series was going to be a cracker, and we were right! Picking up around nine months after Audra exacted her revenge on Olin and the other Winscott partners, the beginning of the book examines a few of the characters' emotional scars induced by the events in book one. And then the action erupts . . .

Darker and more violent, the book's narration darts between each character, which is a clever way of moving the story along at a nice
Fran
Zero Balance
Author: Ashley Fontaine

Defiled, attached, spirit mutilated, raped: Audra would never be the same. A young CPT devoted to her job and about to be promoted to minority partner of an accounting firm, but at what cost. Dedication at what price and at your own risk? Managing partner Olin Kemper had his own agenda in mind when meeting with Audra. The end result a blood-riddled body covered in black and blues, bruises, torn and tattered clothing and an inner being, soul forever raped as wel
Lynda Kelly
This one is a sequel to one I already reviewed called Accountable to None. It was a terrific follow-up. I did need to skip back to remind myself who was who but that was no hardship.
The characters once again made me gasp at some of their audaciousness, Olin in particular.
In the first book Audra wreaked revenge after being attacked by him 5 years previously.
In this follow-up his trial is imminent but interestingly the star prosecution witnesses are all under threat. You do need to read the first
Joseph Ryncarz
It's been a very long time since I actually cussed out an author because the book just....stopped. And stopped when the book is bringing you back up to another peak.

We met Audra and the team at Winscott; accounting firm in Phoenix - in Ashley's first book Accountable to None. Zero Balance is the next phase in the trilogy. The unraveling and telling of the downfall of revenge. There is a single line in the book that describes it, the actions from Accountable to None are like a drop in a pond that
Nancy Silk
Ashley Fontaine has created a powerfully intense murder thriller. This is the first book I have read by this author and I was stunned as the further I got into it and how it escalated into thrilling action. This story is a startling revelation, you might say, of cause and effect. It highlights the characters as the author takes you into their minds to reveal their thoughts. These thoughts and actions involve those who work at Winscott Law Firm and how one death accelerates into many vindictive t ...more
Toni Sinns
It is very rare that I enjoy a sequel more then I enjoy the first book but this one blew me away and left me with so many questions. When is the next book coming? I MUST KNOW THE ANSWERS!!!

Nine months can change a lot in a persons life and the time can also make one feel safe again after going through something that strains so much on the mind and body. But what would you do if nine months later it started again?

Zero Balance brings out the darkness to a whole new depth. You find yourself sinking
Barbara Watkins
Mar 17, 2012 Barbara Watkins rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves suspense thrillers!
The Perfect Antidote for this Snake Series!

Ashley Fontainne, author of ‘Zero Balance’ brought out the venom in this series! If you have not read her first book in this series, ‘Accountable to None’ – run, don’t walk…download a copy immediately! Fontainne has established her niche in the literary world of suspense thrillers. In the ‘Fontainne’ style, she has created well developed characters surrounded in a design of homicidal brilliance.

Place revenge in a woman’s hands – grant her with assistan
The Book
This book was the second in a series on Eviscerating the Snake Series. This story was about a man was in prison for a crime that he has committed. His girl friend has taken on the mission of killing all the people who is responsible for his being imprisoned. This story includes homosexuality, rape, love, torture, kidnapping, and murder.

Author Ashley Fontainne uses a method of writing that I find interesting. She divides the book into chapters that focus on one character at a time and tells what
Lindsay Kendal
Aug 09, 2013 Lindsay Kendal rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone and Anyone
After reading Accountable to None for an honest review at the request of the author, I instantly became a fan. I learned there was to be a sequel and I couldn’t wait to read it. I enjoyed the first book so much that I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy the second as much, I thought “How can she beat that?” ... but oh man was I wrong.

Zero Balance is a lot darker, longer and in depth. A thrill ride with twists and turns that keep you glued to the pages and constantly wanting more. This is a must
Jeff LaFerney
After reading Accountable to None, I jumped right into this second book in the series. After Audra, the protagonist, got revenge on her rapist and other partners in her accounting firm for looking the other way, she took over control as the managing partner and all was supposed to go well. But the trouble with revenge is it doesn't always work that way. We learn about Audra's rapist's trial and the crazy woman who will do anything for Olin including getting his own revenge on Audra. I have to ad ...more
Sheri
Zero Balance (Ashley Fontainne)

Audra Tanner uncovered secrets at her accounting firm. Olin Kemper was taken to jail. Audra advances her position with Olin away. The firm is struggling but all Audra can think of is the revenge she must seek while Olin is on trial for murder. But revenge it not all that she gets, soon people are being killed and Audra may be next.

A psychological thriller with a large cast of characters, the writing style was great. Told from each persons perspective, you could rea
Joanna Doster
ANOTHER AWESOME HIT FOR ASHLEY FONTAINNE!

A Tour De Force! Fontainne pulls off a triumphant labyrinth maze of such great twists and turns, it had my head spinning. Her characters are so well written; they come alive on the page. A very clever, fast-paced whodunit, that keeps you guessing until the very end. Fontainne coolly dissects the underbelly of sick psychopaths and their individual tortured souls. She really displays her talented writing chops by holding up to the light for examination the
Denise
I did not read the first book in this series, but some how I didn't need to. This book, Zero Balance, is such an exhilarating read. Once I had started reading, the plot thickened with twists and turns. I knew I would not be able to put it down. Amazing story. Truly great characters and the devious demon characters brought this amazing story to life. Very well written. I definitely recommend reading this awesome book.
Betty
This is an awesome book, second in Eviscerating the Snake series by a talented new author. I read two in the trilogy and am looking forward to the next one. I understand it will be out soon.

Congrats, Ashley, on one of the best series ever and thanks for honoring me by asking me to write the foreword on this second book. My pleasure indeed.

Hugs and best with all your works,

Betty Dravis
Norma Budden
A terrific suspense novel which picks up where Accountable to None left off. It kept me turning pages late into the night; I just had to know what happened to these characters and their lives. After finishing it, I immediately started reading the third title, Adjusting Journal Entries. Excellent writing, plot and characterization.
Leslie Stuart
Darker and scarier than Accountable to None, but faster paced with ten times the emotional suspense. A thrill ride, from beginning to end. Not to spoil any secrets, but the villain is truly a cold-hearted killer. Revenge isn't sweet, it's murder. Zero Balance is even better than the first book! 5-Stars!!
Tracy
Audra is back and still seeing the reprocussions of her decision for revenge against Olin. Bringing him down which she did and Olin is in prison awaiting trail.

Once again its a bumpy wild ride watching everything untangle itself. There is a bit of a cliff hanger.
The Mystery, Crim...: FREE Suspense/Thriller today 2 28 Mar 13, 2012 05:01AM
The Life of a Boo...: FREE Suspense/Thriller today 3 14 Mar 12, 2012 11:32AM
Creative Reviews: Vicious Valentine's Day Special! 3 10 Feb 15, 2012 05:30PM
The Life of a Boo...: FREE Suspense/Thriller today 1 10 Feb 14, 2012 08:27AM
Creative Reviews: FREE Suspense/Thriller today 1 10 Feb 14, 2012 08:25AM
The Life of a Boo...: Vicious Valentine's Day Special! 1 20 Feb 10, 2012 11:52AM
  • Killing Down the Roman Line
  • Bangkok Burn
  • Sweet Dreams
  • The Prophet Motive
  • The Black Mile
  • The Consultant (Vigilante, #2)
  • Awakening
  • Codon Zero
  • The Creep
  • Key Lime Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #1)
  • Grave Situation
  • Volcano Watch (The Forensic Geology Series, #3)
  • Rabid
  • 21 Hours
  • Wings
  • Vengeance
  • Kill Jill
  • Noble Intentions: Episode 1
I have always been an avid reader of the classics: Beowulf, The Iliad, and anything written by the master, William Shakespeare. In the past few years, I became a huge fan of James Patterson, Stephen King and Robin Cook.

However....

My favorite book of all was, and always will be, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. The revenge on all those who hurt and betrayed Edmond Dantes and the incred
More about Ashley Fontainne...

Eviscerating the Snake (3 books)
  • Accountable to None (Eviscerating the Snake, #1)
  • Adjusting Journal Entries (Eviscerating the Snake, #3)
Number Seventy-Five Accountable to None (Eviscerating the Snake, #1) Empty Shell Ramblings of a Mad Southern Woman: A Collection of Short Stories and Poetry on Life, Love, Loss and Longing The Lie