Start by marking “Solo con il tuo amore” as Want to Read:
Solo con il tuo amore

Solo con il tuo amore (Only Vallerands #2)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  4,592 Ratings  ·  213 Reviews
Fresca sposa di un nobile gentiluomo creolo, la giovane Celia non sospettava certo di rimanere vedova prima ancora di aver consumato il matrimonio. Eppure, il battello che dalla nativa Francia l'avrebbe dovuta portare a New Orleans, alla sua nuova casa, viene assalito da sanguinari pirati che uccidono l'aitante e fascinoso marito e la fanno prigioniera. Disperata, la timid ...more
Paperback, I Romanzi Passione, 331 pages
Published January 4th 2012 by Mondadori (first published October 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Solo con il tuo amore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solo con il tuo amore

Dangermousie
Oh, Lisa Kleypas, why?

I am fast coming to the conclusion that I don't care for most of Kleypas' stuff outside of her Hathaways and Wallflowers series. How one woman can write two series so good and the rest so not, is a mystery. But even with that, Only With Your Love is a whole other kettle of fish.

I mean, what woman wouldn't want a true love who is a rapist pirate twin of your kinda-dead husband?

UGH!!! I don't read too many older romances, so I have been pretty lucky at avoiding hero-on-heroi
Ally
Seriously. There is something very wrong in my head.

wrong

Intellectually, I know why the heroine might come across as cold and unfeeling and all sorts of f*cked up...it's because her situation is all sorts of janked up. But still, the selfish little brat inside of me was all "I don't like her." Gah. What a whiner am I.

whining

Note: read for the 2017 New Years Challenge, pirate category, AND as a monthly read in the Historical Romance group. 2 birds and all that. Judge away, beeches.

Setting / Time / Genre:
Nenia *the flagrant liberal* Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Lisa Kleypas is one of the most popular historical romance authors out there, and with good reason. Her Victorian and regency stories are charming, with strong heroines and to-die-for beta and alpha heroes. But what forgotten, moss-covered tales pave the beginning of her path to success? TO THE BACK LIST!

ONLY WITH YOUR LOVE is one of Kleypas's earlier stories. First published in 1992, it's one of those "new wave" bodice ripper tales that tr
KatieV
I liked this, but didn't think it had the magic of Kleypas' later works. Many of her Victorian era England novels are favorite re-reads of mine, but I doubt I'll revisit this.

Very early in her career Kleypas dabbled in the bodice ripper genre so prevalent at that time. I don't know if she was still developing her writing skills or if that genre just isn't her forte. Possibly both.

I love some of the older bodice rippers, but this was just a 'like' for me. If you want a bodice ripper with Creoles
Laura V.
[Contiene muchos spoilers]

Kleypas metió la pata hasta el fondo, al convertir a Justin en un villano con todo lo que ello trae consigo.
Siento un gran cariño hacia su personaje, por haberlo visto casi madurar en el libro anterior a éste.
Pero hizo todo mal. No solo no le bastó hacer de Justin un verdadero bastardo sino que hizo de Phillipe, un chico con grandes posibilidades, tan bueno, tan amable, tan gentil, en un cretino y para colmo matarlo cuando el chico claramente se ganó su propio libro.

C
JennyG
Hero was wonderful despite some non-pc behaviour. Although the heroine's reactions seemed realistic, considering everything she was going through, I never quite warmed up to her. She kept grating on my nerves. Nonetheless it was a memorable read and I enjoyed it.

P.S. Hero never cheats. There is an attempt of rape by another man and forced seduction by the hero.
Kady
This one is an oldie but a goodie. Enjoyed it very much! I've almost read all of the Lisa Kleypas historicals now. It's been hard to find other HR books I adore as much as these.
BRNTerri
This takes place in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States in 1817 ten years after the previous book in the series. The heroine, Celia, is twenty-four. She has blond hair and brown eyes. The hero is Justin Vallerand and he has dark hair and blue eyes and is twenty-five. His identical twin brother, Philippe, is her husband.

Sadly, I only liked the first quarter of the book, which was the first 100 pages. So many things, so much action, took place during the beginning that I felt like there was not
Tinsoni
Apr 11, 2015 Tinsoni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely not one Kleypas' light novels where the biggest conflicts the characters face is a choice between a husband who is a peer or a business tycoon. There is angst, grief, betrayal, hope, love, obsession and emotions from full spectrum of human experiences. I love it when people demand depth of character but have no idea what to do with it even if it hit them in the face. Justin is a tortured soul much of which is explained in the first book. He is terified of his mercurial persona ...more
Nonieღserenity2bliss
I guess even the most awesome writer cannot write a winner every single time :P I have never read a Lisa Kleypas book that I don't love or like...until this one.

I always believe that LK's strength is her ability to write wonderful, larger-than-life characters; heroes that you immediately fall in love with, and heroines that you wish you want to be.

Unfortunately, in Only With Your Love, not only do I not want to become the heroine, I don't even want to be anywhere near her! She's such a tiresome
Linds
I was looking forward to this book because I thought that Justin was the most engaging character of the previous Vallerand story, though he was only sixteen.

This book has more adventure and pirates than is normal for a Lisa Kleypas novel. The reason it has four stars is that I felt the tone in the novel was really aggressive and borderline uncomfortable. I think this had a lot to do with the fact that this is a romance from the early 90's.
Regan Walker
Pirates in New Orleans!

Set in 1817, beginning in the Gulf of Mexico, this is the story of Celia Vallerand, who sails from France with her new husband, Philippe, to the home of his wealthy Creole family in New Orleans. Even though they are wed, he has yet to bed her. And then pirates attack their ship.

The book begins with some exciting scenes as pirate Dominic Legare kills the men and takes Celia captive as a present for his brother, Andre. In New Orleans, Celia is paraded in front of the pirates
Hbeebti
I cant believe I'm saying this but... this was just ok. In fact Griffin (Justin) was a crappy hero. He bothered me in so many ways. 300 pages in and I still didn't like him. Honestly the relationship between Justin and Celia felt force. I really wanted Celia to run from Justin than to him. He just loved to put her down and hurt her. Loved getting a rise out of her no matter how it made her feel later. Don't get my started on their first time together. It started out like he was forcing until she ...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Pirates. Yes, pirates. And Justin Vallerand. What's not to like? Sure, there's the sometimes infuriatingly reticent and prudish protagonist, but she eventually loosens the hell up and a good time is had by all. Well, after all the anxiety, grief, and murder are over with, anyway.
Bekah
Sep 03, 2009 Bekah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-own, 2011-reads
3.75*

This book will be difficult to review without spoilers because I don’t think I can adequately express myself if I don’t talk about some of the spoiler plot stuff, so I will put all the spoiler stuff at the bottom for those of you who would like to avoid it.

This is the second and final book about the mighty Creole family the Vallerands. This is Justin Vallerand’s story. He is one of Max Vallerand’s (from When Strangers Marry) twin sons. Here we find him a notorious, dangerous and well known
ies
May 31, 2012 ies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hadiah dari Chiko hehehehe.. *gumawooo*

awalnya aku agak sedikit, eeerr gimana ya bahasanya, secara kan Celia itu istrinya Philip n Justin itu kakaknya Philip aw.. agak2 yaaaahh... gitu deh :P
tp ternyata Celia blm diapa2in sama Philip, dia bilang si takut tp dlm hati aku legaa.. kl misalnya sisanya philip kan ngga banget dibaca *dtabok* :P

well, Justin Vallerands kl udah baca buku 1 nya pasti tau lah sifat-sifatnya Justin itu kek apa, mungkin memang bener ya.. Justin itu lebih mirip Max dr yg me
Titis Wardhana
May 15, 2012 Titis Wardhana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Celia, gadis Prancis, yang menikah sama Philippe diboyong Philippe ke New Orleans naik kapal. Eh, pas mau malam kesekian (jadi udah beberapa minggu merit nih si Celia masih perawan, katanya sih belum siap… jaman sekarang, no way), tiba2 kapal diserbu (ugh… ganggu aja neh bajak laut, lg asik2nya jg, begitu kata Philippe kali). Sebelum keluar, Philippe ngasi pistol berpeluru satu ke Celia kalau2 Philippe ga selamat, eh ternyata Philippe kalah trus tubuhnya dibuang ke laut. Celia ga berani lah bunu ...more
Katie B-K
Jul 13, 2012 Katie B-K rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Barb
Aug 04, 2011 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book!!! I've recently gone back and read all of Lisa's books that I haven't read, which have been many, and I have to say this tops the list of one of the best, if not the best, books I've read.

I didn't like Justin too much in the first book, When Strangers Marry (an ok book), because he was selfish and nothing but a troublemaker. He changed in that book toward the end and I came to like him. I was so happy to find out Only With Your Love was Justin's story. It was more t
Indiana
Jan 13, 2012 Indiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it. Continuing with the Kleypas backlist. This was obviously an older one because it featured an old favorite plot device that you just no longer see due to the political incorrectness of it all - i.e. the one where the hero is a pirate and encounters the heroine when she is abducted on the high seas. This one was a bit toned down because the hero didn't do the initial capturing - he steals her from a really bad pirate to save her because...*drum roll* he's the twin brother of her ...more
Gisele
Mar 31, 2011 Gisele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, wishlist
Todo la novela es una montaña rusa de emociones, así de intensa. He sentido de todo. Enojo, tristeza, desolación, coraje, alegría, ternura, etc. Le doy 5 estrellas porque Kleypas ha jugado con mis emociones de una manera magistral que me ha mantenido conmocionada y en shock junto con muchos suspiros de amore.

description

Haciendo de lado algunas cosillas que no me gustaron (view spoiler)
Lynsey A
This one wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be but still a good book. It seemed to me that Justin and Celia loved each other so suddenly after it seemed like they were just fighting. It wasn't gradual but suddenly just "there."

The ending was a bit surprising. I didn't see that coming.

I find that I like her newer stuff best. It's amazing to see how a writer changes over the years. Some get better and some seem to slide. Lisa has definitely improved in her writing since she first began wr
Holly
Jul 25, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I have to start by saying that Lisa Kleypas has never written anything that I did not adore. I know Only with Your Love is one of her earlier books, so I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I have her latest books. I hated this book with every fiber of my being for the first 100 pages or so, BUT Lisa has never let me down, and I'm very glad I continued reading. The typical trashy pirate romance (which I'm not overly fond of) turned into one of the heart warming love stories I always love from ...more
Mahareni Sukadi
Uuughhh...tadinya berharap banyak sama buku ini, coz suka banget sama sosok Justin di buku 1. Tapi ternyata...aaaaaagghh.

Dari awal, aku gak bisa merasakan chemistry-nya Justin+Celia. Akibatnya sampe halaman terakhir pun, gak bisa merasakan greget dari buku ini. Tiap baru baca berapa halaman, rasanya pengin nutup lagi.

Gak bisa sukaaaa sama Celia. And gak paham juga kenapa Justin bisa jatuh cinta sama dia.

Sooooo...lebih seru and lebih suka buku 1.
Kim
Dec 13, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. Justin is a character quite fascinating all on his own, but the fact that he's a Valleyrand, Max's son, makes the story that much more interesting. The storyline is good, with Justin rescuing Celia, Phillippe's wife, from a vicious pirate right after ZPhillippe is killed by the pirate. Justin falls for her in the course of returning her to the Vallerands, and his self-inflicted exile is compromised by his desire to be with her.
Elifobeth
I'm sooooooo happy. I finally finished with this book. Awkward and odd plot ever! Awk...this series must be Lisa's early works because it can't compare how good 'The Hathaways' and 'Wallflowers' are. Very disappointing, indeed.
Jillian
Oct 26, 2012 Jillian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
A real adventure!
Lady
May 08, 2008 Lady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some people say that the hero raped the heroine in this story but I just don't agree, it clearly was seduction, at least to me. I liked this story very much.
Yulia Anggraini
3,5*.
g bikin emosi naik turun kek cerita bapakx...n jelas untuk seri ini dimenangkan oleh max... ;p
Susan (the other Susan)
The jacket blurb says she's a gossamer-haired enchantress. DAMMIT, I want to be a gossamer-haired enchantress!
  • Surrender A Dream
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • Three Weddings and a Kiss
  • A Necessary Husband (Necessary, #1)
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • A Perfect Groom (Sterling trilogy, #2)
  • Taken by Desire
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)
  • Thief of Hearts
  • Bride for a Night
  • Christmas Love Stories
  • Winter Fire (Maxwells, #2) (Only, #6)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #1)
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
  • A Christmas Present
  • Never Lie to a Lady (Neville Family #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

Only Vallerands (2 books)
  • When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1)