Start by marking “Lust for Vengeance (Big Deal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lust for Vengeance (Big Deal, #1)

Lust for Vengeance (Big Deal #1)

Bank robbers, bordellos and a whole lot of bed-hopping, as British black comedy meets Yaoi in a head on collision.

Fergus Campbell is straight out of prison with only one thought in his mind, to pay back his former friend and partner in crime, Judas MacGregor for stitching him up and sending him there in the first place. What he least expects on his return to his old haunts
ebook, 1st Edition
Published January 7th 2012 by Ai Press (first published January 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lust for Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lust for Vengeance

Betryal
Jan 10, 2012 Betryal rated it it was amazing
Fergus and Judas... How these 2 characters will remain in my mind for a very long time yet to come.

Katsura not only brings you into the world of gangsta, but the exquisite few pages of illustrations and art within this book are utterly and completely amazing!

This story was not to me your typical romance. It is, but it isn't. It's so much more. Usually you have your good guy and your bad, but these characters are all sinister, criminals that not even serving time in the pen will stop their crim
TheFountainPenDiva
To sort of borrow a line from Princess Leia, "These are some gangsters."

This bunch is far less Goodfellas and more The Little Racsals with guns and a taste for flashy clothing. Perhaps a crime syndicate in the backwaters of Scotland can get away with half-assed con jobs, and maybe that's the comedy aspect of this interesting first novel by Katsura and Yuramei. For a first effort, Big Deal, Volume 1: Lust for Vengeance is a quick and engaging read and the artwork peppered throughout the book is r
DarienMoya

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
- Fergus likes to hit too much! He is always raising his hands and hitting his lovers like he's hardcore. I don't like abuse because thats what it is, not a fit between men.
- Fergus (it was my sincere hope that he got run over by a bus or the limo he likes to ride in. Asshole)

WHAT I LIKED
- The artwork is awesome (set up like a yaoi novel with a few drawings at important or super sexy scenes)
- It's all effing pretty boys, Darien likes that she likes it good.
- Judas! He is like a
Pip
Jan 11, 2012 Pip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will appeal to fans of yaoi(especially those looking for a twist on the genre) and also to fans of British humour ( shades of Joe Orton)
The characters are compelling - I have my own favourite (Hugo ) - but the characters are all so well developed, I can imagine someone relating more to a different character and enjoying the narrative from an alternative point of view.
It is a very satisfying read in itself- but I am glad that it is titled "volume one" - I need to know more!
The illustrat
leigh
Aug 26, 2013 leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-are

Highly entertaining crack-fic with lovely manga-style illustrations. The writing is occasionally grammatically uneven (in the way of missing commas, not head-hopping or anything egregious). The plot, characterizations, sex scenes, and emotional entanglements solidly hit the mark.

All of the (gorgeously sexy) characters are criminals; most are violent; the main hero, Fergus, is flat-out abusive. They are all fascinatingly drawn, with qualities that allow for empathy, but readers turned off by brut
Sarah Curtis
Apr 10, 2013 Sarah Curtis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt-books-manga
Katsura, the wonderful author of this 136 page long book, and Yuramei, the stunning artist with an ability to reveal the characters in all their wonder, come together to bring about a lovely piece of work in Big Deal: Lust for Vengeance. This story is complex and the characters are far from two dimensional. One could not ask for a better story about two men who have been intertwined for years through work and then later through jail.

The story starts unassumingly with Judas in bed with some poor
Emma Sea
3.5 stars.

Crime lord just out of prison falls in love - unfortunately not with the man who has been waiting patiently and faithfully for his release. The complex supporting characters are what made this reading. Vividly drawn world.

Hugo gets a harsh rap in the publisher's blurb. It's not that clear cut. He's not a spoiled kid. This story reminds me of Stockholm Syndrome if things had gone a little different for Valentine and Lindsay - this book is definitely not in the same league as Dick Rider'
Matimate
Dec 14, 2013 Matimate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2013
The book was uncovering the dark part of society in plot full of love, hate and betrayal. Seriously. It was all about sex, lack of it, which caused some minor but potentially lethal consequences aka neglected psychotic, alcoholic husband could be real trouble.

Our humble and little dastardly hero, Mr Fergus Cambell was out of prison and his first steps led to local bordello accompanied by man who set him up in the past, Mr Judas MacGregor, who was sex fiend. Mr Cambell spotted the owner, honorab
Katie
Mar 03, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing! You are instantly drawn into the inticing world of Fergus and the mysterious and beautiful Mikhail. Of course the character of Judas will always be my favourite - his wicked sense of humor always makes me laugh! Definately a book you can read and enjoy again and again! Bring on volume two!!
Maya
Jan 10, 2012 Maya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars. There really aren't many likable characters in this book.
Apr 06, 2013 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Samantha
This book is very hard for me to rate. I should say that as a rule, I do not read gangster books and that I HATE cheaters. The main character of this book is a cheating gangster, lol. Hmmm...why did I start reading this again? Oh yeah, a floppy bunny told me too. :) This book was well written and had an interesting story line with a few twists I wasn't expecting. Vinny was the only likeable character in the whole book and I'd like to think somewhere he'll get his wish.

I guess it is hard to rate
Athina
Athina rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2013
BEATRIZ
BEATRIZ rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Regina Melgaard
Regina Melgaard rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Kate Aaron
Kate Aaron rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Shinnra
Shinnra rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Tharayn
Tharayn rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Celia
Celia rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Lovely
Lovely rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Experiment BL626
Experiment BL626 rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2012
KS
KS rated it did not like it
May 08, 2015
Madelynne Ellis
Madelynne Ellis rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2015
Claudia Luis
This book left me with very mixed feelings...
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Soumets et' Obéir
Soumets et' Obéir rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2013
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2013
Jkjeak
Jkjeak rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2012
Phillip Porter
Phillip Porter rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Who is your favourite character ? 3 8 Jan 21, 2012 08:56AM
Katsura (aka P.M. Leckie) is a Scottish Yaoi/comedy writer and editor.
Her projects have mostly been collaborative works with Yuramei, and together they run the publishing house, Seishin Ink.
Her solo work as P.M. Leckie has seen the release of the epic saga/farce, Stumbledirt. A deviation from her usual style but still laced with her own brand of humour.
She has also edited several translated Japane
More about Katsura...

Big Deal (4 books)
  • A Kiss for Judas (Big Deal, #0)
  • Lesson In Betrayal (Big Deal, #2)
  • Despite Them (Big Deal, #3)