Bikineitä ja biisoninsarvia (Georgia Nicolsonin salatut elämät #6)

Bikineitä ja biisoninsarvia (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #6)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  12,961 ratings  ·  294 reviews
Jo kuudes osa Georgian julkean riemukkaita päiväkirjamerkintöjä! (nauruuntikahtumisvaroitus)

"No, Jas, haluatko tosissasi kuulla minun ajatukseni, joka koskee nimenomaan sinua, sinä pieni karvainen kimuli?"
"En ole karvainen."
"Sovitaan niin, mutta älä silti mene lähelle sirkusta."
"Pää kiinni. No, anna sitten kuulua, mitä sinulla on mielessä."
"Okei, tässä se tulee: kun meikä...more
Published 2006 by Karisto Oy (first published May 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bikineitä ja biisoninsarvia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bikineitä ja biisoninsarvia

Tatiana
These books never fail to cheer me up!

In this installment the hunt for Italian Stallion continues.

During ace gang's emergency 5-hour meeting re: dinner date with Masimo.

6:30 pm

Then we got on to the snogging bit.

I said, "Do you think Italians snog the same as English boys?"

Rosie said, "I don't know if they do anything different with their tongues or what their ear work is like. You will have to give us a complete and full report. What number will you let him go up to on the first date?"

"I thought
Jasmine J
Mar 19, 2008 Jasmine J rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: comics
Recommended to Jasmine by: Jannelle&Janeen
I love all the Georgia books. They make me laugh histarically, mostly because she does a lot of the things I woud do(like that). I can't wait to see what she does next. She left me on the edge of a cliff last book.
Christina
Kat
It's off to 'hamburger-a-go-go' land! At the end of the previous book Georgia's dad announces that they're off to America for a clown car convention. So the Nicolsons, along with Georgia's best mate Jas, set off for Memphis. The "Italian stallion" Masimo just so happens to be in America too, but in Manhattan. Georgia apparently has no concept of American geography, because she thinks it'll be a cinch for her and Jas to hop on a Greyhound to see Masimo. She doesn't even know where he's staying an...more
Tyree
This book is about two amazing people named Georgia and Jas. Throughout this whole book Georgia and Jas went on a journey to Hamburger which is a Go Go Land. As they were on their journey they tried to find Masimo. Masimo is their Future Boat they always dreamed for. As one 1 week full past, Georgia did not come across or succed in getting her dreamboat. All she did was she learned how to ride a bucking bronco. It wasn't all that special but she still learned something.
I can connect to this bo...more
Tanna Ray
A book written in narrative, first person style. The book itself is written as though it were Georgia Nicholson's own journal, the whole time you feel as though Louise has cut a a hole in Georgia's head and installed a window. The story is all about Georgia's fight for a new "Sex God" in her life and all the beauty rituals she must go through to impress the man (men) of her dreams. She has given up on Robbie and now her main vision in her eyes of affection is Massimo (The Italian Stallion). She...more
Emma Hart
Kiera Beddes
Genre: romance, make-up, boys, snogging
Summary: Georgia Nicolson is the biggest player in the world and she doesn't even realize it. Well, I think she has some awareness of it, but still, she is remarkably dense. Just hook up with Dave the Laugh already! Robbie the Sex God is Kiwi-a-gogo land still thinks about her and Masimo is just an attractive Italian. Dave is English and there and madly in love with her and she keeps yakking about other boys and he is heartbroken. Georgia has a pretty hilar...more
Mandy at Blythes & Books
This installment was even more funny, sad and vivid than the ones before.

It's like Georgia is becoming a real person more and more. The quirky things that keep happening to her (some self-inflicted, others by pure clumsiness, other things caused by her weird family) are hilarious at times.
Other times I feel like she's me, or one of my friends. She's not nice all of the time, even if she thinks she's funny. She's preoccupied with herself. Which is very normal for a teen girl and sooo recognizab...more
Marija
Hamburger-a-gogo land and Molto, molto Masimo vs. Il Ministrone—need I say more? ;) The Miss Malaprop moments are priceless.

Favorite line:
Masimo: “Are you freddo…?”
Georgia: “Oh dear God, he wasn’t going to talk about elves and hobbits, like boys did, was he?”

The cat imagery in these books is excellent. You can tell that Rennison must have had a cat: “Angus got on my knee and started doing that kneading thing they do to make you all comfy. For them. I am like a human bean bag to him.”
Dan
Ultimately, not a lot happens in this story and nothing is truly resolved; it is just a weeks-long snapshot of the life of an English 16-year-old girl. The pleasure comes from Georgia's narrative voice and her highly idiosyncratic use of the Queen's English (if such it can be called). Think "Bertie Wooster as a modern teen-ager". The audiobook is read by the author, so I know what I heard was absolutely authentic in terms of what she wanted us to hear.
Eden
Move over Sex God, The Luuurve God is here!

When Robbie left, Georgia was heart broken. Then Masimo came into her life. But Masimo is going home to the United States for a bit and Georgia can't stand it. Georgia finds out from her dad they are going to the States as well. They are going to Memphis to a car convention. Masimo will be in New York. Surely, New York isn't too far from Memphis. . .

I really love this series. It's very funny, but I like that it shows different sides of Georgia, especia...more
Julie Decker
Georgia is again wrestling with romantic troubles, and this time there are three contenders: Masimo, Robbie, and of course Dave the Laugh. She's disappointed to find that her trip to America takes her nowhere near where Masimo is, and she gets to have a great time with her embarrassing family. Her friends at home support her ridiculousness and go to great lengths to give her romantic advice. (And by the way, "boy entrancers" are fake eyelashes. She is talking about her cat eating them.)

It's more...more
Jackie
Imagine a book that you have to check out and carry home in secret, becuase the titles are so bizarre! I love this series of books. My fab fave part in this one was the shoes. HYSTERICAL!
Analy  Hernandez
Georgia has found a new love. So now she is in love with another "Sex God" as she likes to call him and his name is Masimo. He is half Italian and half American. But there is one little problem, Lindsay. Soon he is off to America and Georgia is upset. So when her father decides that they are off to Hamburger-a-gogo Land, Georgia is so overwhelmed, yet she doesn't know where he is in America.
So then she decides took take her great pal, Jas, to America. Now they are off to find the Sex God, Masim...more
Robby
I've read a few reviews of this book that say that this book, the sixth Georgia Nicolson book, is the last really good book in the series. I always try not to read reviews of books before I read them, but sometimes I get carried away.

This book was just as funny as the first five, though the fifth book Away Laughing On A Fast Camel still remains my favorite.
Also, if I'm being honest, I will just confess my love for Dave The Laugh right now.
In this book, Georgia and her family travel to America (...more
***Warning...This may contain spoilers because it part of a series (and it's hard to talk about this book without referring to the previous books in the series)***

The sixth book of the Confessions of the Georgia Nicolson series continues to follow her adventures with her friends, boys, and her crazy family. However, this time around, the Nicolson family take a trip to Hamburger-a-gogo land (aka the USA).

Georgia brings along Jas on the family trip to Memphis (the "clown car" convention is there)....more
Christine
Reference information:
Title: Then He Ate My Boy
Author: Louise Rennison
Publisher: Harper Tempest Year: 2005
# of pages: Genre: romance
Reading level Interest level: very interesting
Potential hot lava: none

General response/reaction: Such a good book, made me laugh and was a great teen read. I like the diary format it is written in.

Subjects, Themes, and Big Ideas: love, finding yourself, friends

Characters: Georgia, Mutti, Vati, Jas, Georgia’s family, Masimo, Lindsay, Robbie, Dave, Mad Libby, and Ang...more
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 Candy Boisvert rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girly girls
Title: Then he ate my boy entrancers
Author: Louise Rennison
Copyright date: 2005
Publisher: Harpertempest
How many pages: 300 pgs
How long it took me to read: 3 days
Category: Fiction
I learned about this book from: reading the series since the beginning

This book was purchased at: Actually, it was borrowed from the library
This book is: not to be read in public, unless you like laughing like a loon in public!
Other books by these authors: Angus thongs and full frontal snogging, on the brightside I am no...more
Christina Wilder
I am loving this series. I've said before that YA needs more heroines like Georgia Nicholson, who is like a British version of Regina George (Mean Girls) and Cher (Clueless). She's a girl who is extremely self-centered and even delusional, but she's confident, loyal, kind, and owns her damn sexuality.

If you follow this series, this book shows that our little Georgia is growing up. She's maturing (though slowly) and is able to recognize that her various feelings and is also starting to ascertain...more
Char
Fir my full review please visit my blog: http://shadowsireview.blogspot.com/20...

4.5 Stars

This book is pretty funny, Georgia's continued attempts to woo Masimo have left me in stitches yet again. There are moments when you just have to sit there and wonder how Georgia has managed to survive, she's completely insane. Her Hamburger-a-gogo trip (holiday in America) is a laugh a minute, it's enough to make you question the sanity of her world.

The characters are fab and marvy but I find myself won...more
I can't tell you how many teen books (and even adult fiction, for that matter), where there's a love triangle/quadrangle/pentacle/whatever where there are a bunch of gorgeous, sweet, amazing guys all madly in love with a girl who is so dull and lifeless that all I can do is roll my eyes. One of the best parts of the Georgia Nicholson series is that I can totally understand why Masimo and Robbie and most especially Dave the Laugh are into Georgia. I'm not on the turn or anything (in fact, I quite...more
Dana
Georgia along with her best friend, Jas are off to the USA(Hamburger-a go-go land) with Georgia's parents for a clown car convention in Memphis. Georgia plans to connect with her love interest, Masimo, the Italian stallion, who is singing in NYC. She plans to visit him and re-connect. Georgia thinks that NYC and Memphis are just a short distance away which unfortunately is never corrected in her mind. She also thinks she can find him by phoning all the Scarlottis in NYC. How bright:(

This book is...more
Shony
Blog One.
'...then he ate my my entrancers.'
by louise Rennison

from reading the blurb of the back cover i am predecting that the book is going to be about a crazy teenager who has a best friend called jaz. She is going on a holiday with her family and the boy she likes is there. she thinks she has a big nose and seems a bit confussed. Whilst she packs her bags shes off for her holiday with six suitcases and only six pairs of shoes!.

Blog Two:
the orientation states "Sun shinny like a big yellow...er...more
Elise
3.5 /5 star rating

This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

Georgia just can't seem to get over the hump of love, the biggest problem in her boy and make-up centered life. The Sex God left for Kiwi-a-gogo land. So she found herself Masimo, the new SG. But then he tells her he is off to Hamburger-a-gogo land to visit some family.

When Georgia's parents inform her she will be going to America herself on a family vacation to a clown car convention, Georgia is so excited s...more
Jory
Georgia and Jas are off to Hamburger-a-gogo-go land! Georgia thinks that she will find Masimo, but obviously that isn't true as they are off to Tennessee for a clown car convention with Georgia's family. I love the way Louise describes Americans, it is downright hilarious. And to a T, when it comes to hotel staff. They always seem extra cheerful when they are expecting tips from hotel guests.

When they get back from America, Georgia is on a mission to still contain the full glaciosity with Masim...more
Marissa R.
"...Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers" (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #6)
by Louise Rennison. Another one of Rennison's prestiged Georgia Nicolson books. Adored by hundreds of teenage girls, from England and America, also perhaps around the globe. Rennison's creative way to connect with the modern day teenage girl with the fun loving Georgia. This and many of Georgia's adventures will be sure to leave readers with a huge smile on their face.

Each and every time I pick up a Georgia Nicolson book I a...more
dispatches from the library
Took a short break from reading this series, right in the middle of reading this book - but I decided to go back to it, since I needed a break from reading the crappy typical romantic suspense novels I usually read. Reading Rennison is like a breath of fresh air (at least, from trashy romantic suspense novels) and I always find myself literally laughing OUTLOUD while reading her books. I love them.

Was a little disappointed with the plot of this book; the whole summary was for Georgia to go to Ha...more
Debbie
Sep 15, 2007 Debbie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
Shelves: young-adult-lit
The books in this hilarious series (American titles):

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex-God
Knocked Out by My Nunga Nungas
Dancing in My Nuddy Pants
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers
Startled by His Furry Shorts
Love is a Many Trousered Thing
? (It's the series that never ends!)

Georgia Nicolson is a self-absorbed, British teenager who keeps a diary detailing her life in all its glorious angst(think Bridget Jones for teen...more
Jaimie
soo... 2 30 Jun 14, 2008 01:57PM
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • What's French For "Ew"? (Emily, #3)
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
  • Stealing Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • Girls Under Pressure (Girls, #2)
  • The Murder Of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield, #3)
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Diary of a Crush, #3)
  • The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)
  • Frogs & French Kisses (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
Louise Rennison is the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’.
More about Louise Rennison...
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1) On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2) Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3) Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4) Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)

“You make me laugh like a loon on loon tablets!” 48 likes
“What if you were really meant to be with someone? But you kept messing about and having the Horn and so on and you lost them.” 27 likes