Start by marking “Merger” as Want to Read:
Merger

Merger

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Carter is young, attractive, driven, focussed on his career as an investment banker in London, and now, hopelessly in love with the best friend he's been having a casual affair with for over a decade.

Owen is the boss' son with no real reason to try particularly hard, but he's been in love with Carter almost since they met twelve years ago. Unfortunately for him, he fumbles
Published January 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Merger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merger

Gigi
Here I am being mean again and taking away a star for a re-read book. This one just wasn't as fun as I remembered it. Here we have two bed-buddies that have been together for 12 years and they never kissed or slept in the same bed? Even once? WhatEVER!

It was really hard to suspend disbelief for this one. Probably because it was too short for much character development. But something about it tickled my fancy a year ago, so there is that.
Sadonna
Feb 13, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, mm
Lovely little piece about two men who love each other but have built a relationship over the years that keeps them from saying it. When Carter blurts it out when night, Owen doesn't react the way he had hoped and that sets a chain of events in motion that will separate them. Romantic and sweet and hopeful.
Arthur
In general is okay, but I don't like MC who sleeps with other man the first thing they had trouble.
Edina Rose
Jan 12, 2012 Edina Rose rated it liked it

Really nice and unbelievable story about two men who have been best exclusive friends-with-benefits for 12 years and still can't figure they love each other.

I liked the guys.
Adriana
Sweet short about a couple of friends with benefits (for twelve years!!) and a misunderstanding, I love it, really lovely.
UltraMeital
Jul 02, 2015 UltraMeital rated it it was amazing
So so short yet beautiful beyond words! Whenever I add another of Cecilia's novellas into my "Read" pile I look longingly at her GoodReads page and wish for another book to appear, yet at the moment it seems there are no new material since 2012. It really makes me sad because I only have two novellas left..

It doesn't even make sense to me to be over emotional about a character I've only just "met" something like 2 pages ago. Yet this is exactly Cecilia magic way with words. The relationship betw
Furio
Dec 26, 2012 Furio rated it liked it
It takes not a little effort to suspend disbelief on this one.
Carter and Owen have been best friends with benefits for no less than twelve -TWELVE- years and not only they have never found it in themselves to confess their love, they have codified their sex so strictly as to make anyone think "why bother?": no kissing, no cuddling, no affection; just the two crudest acts. I can see they are supposed to be English while I am Italian and fiery but seriously... 12 years together and not even a hug?
Audrey
May 23, 2012 Audrey rated it liked it
Shelves: man-love
An enjoyable m/m freebie short story about a relationship that has been friends-with-benefits for the past twelve years, but that both men now want to become something more. Unfortunately, the way Carter (36yo) and Owen (40yo) have conducted their affair has left each of them unsure as to how the other man would react to his change of heart and affection.

A quick and easy read with some nice sexytimes, too. Cheating warning: (view spoiler)
Danielle  *migraine in 5..4..3..*
Nice quick read.
Linda-Grace
Jun 19, 2013 Linda-Grace rated it liked it
sweet.
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Bytchfemme
Bytchfemme rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Christie Speich
Christie Speich marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Liam
Liam rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Phillip Porter
Phillip Porter rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Chiara
Chiara rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Claudia
Claudia rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Rox
Rox rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2014
Pastor
Pastor marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Everly Reynolds
Everly Reynolds rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2013