Start by marking “Agenda 2009” as Want to Read:
Agenda 2009

Agenda 2009

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  12,740 Ratings  ·  793 Reviews
2009: Istruzioni per l'uso

Scrivi qualcosa senza pensarci adesso.

"Attenzione: attraverso le pagine di questa agenda, ti sporcherai. Potresti ritrovarti coperto di vernice o di diverse sostanze strane. ti bagnerai. Potrebbe esserti richiesto di fare cose di cui non sei convinto. Potresti rimpiangere il perfetto stato in cui hai trovato l'agenda. Potresti iniziare a scorger
Published January 1st 2008 by Isbn Edizioni (first published June 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Agenda 2009, please sign up.

Bluesybil I think 8 *may* be a bit young, depending on the child, then again 8 year olds seldom have the kind of hangups that keeps one from engaging in the…moreI think 8 *may* be a bit young, depending on the child, then again 8 year olds seldom have the kind of hangups that keeps one from engaging in the kind of "Creative Destruction" encouraged in the journal in the first place.

The journal seems to be geared primarily towards letting the creative inner child in perfectionist adults come out to play, but 12 is definitely old enough to have fun with and enjoy it :)(less)

Anna-Cate Orton
Nov 10, 2010 Anna-Cate Orton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoah. So I got this on friday, and have slowly been completing the easier pages; poking hole in the paper, chucking it at my brothers head (he ducked just in time) and wearing it around tied to my head with a shoelace. But I'm struggling to move past this stage; I think's its because it still (from the outside at least) looks relatively clean. So today I AM TACKLING THAT PROBLEM.

I have decided to dive right into one of the scarier pages in hope that it will make the book look shabbier and I wi
Wybie Lovat
Feb 14, 2009 Wybie Lovat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before I had even heard of this book, I was in a deep depression, and over come with self-pity and self-malice. But I noticed it once. I flipped through it.
Then suddenly the World turned upside down. The sun turned into the Moon. I was walking on the cieling,while everyone else stared at me, upside down. I grinned so much it hurt.
And the next week I bought it with no hesiation. This first thing I did was scribble insanely. AND THAT SENT ME FREE!!!!!!!!!!
Wether you need an uplift or not, Wreck th
Demo
Jan 07, 2012 Demo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who are entertained by destruction. And fire.
Everyone, I need you to me a favor. I want you to stop reading this review, and go buy this fucking amazing book. Seriously. Right now. Go.

For those of you who are stubborn and are still reading this anyway, let me explain to you what exactly Wreck This Journal is:

It is an interactive self-instruction manual on how to properly destroy this book. On every page, there is a direction written. Tear this page out. Stick gum on this page. Dog ear this page. Tear this page out and throw in a fire. Writ
Ruby  Tombstone [With A Vengeance]
[Update] I think we can safely say I failed this task too..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only bought the journal today, but I've had quite a bit of fun with it already. I've dripped syrup on it, stuffed kaffir lime leaves in it, coloured, painted, dripped, scribbled, stuck, stamped and torn. Here are a couple of the earliest entries.

Office Supplies - WTJ

Outside the lines - WTJ

Don't worry. It'll get messier....!
Alexandra
Oct 22, 2008 Alexandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ...more
Kim
Nov 03, 2011 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting idea. This book is where I developed my belief that one should not treat books one reads with reverence. Let me explain: I am engaged to a man that collects comic books. Now, as a general rule, comics are fairly fragile, being only a few sheets of paper held together with a couple staples. So when he reads them, he holds them delicately, and their spines are never broken. The books are never opened wide, and he lies them down open on his palms, instead of holding each side of the boo ...more
Charlotte
May 29, 2010 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most eternal love to this piece of brilliance, light of my most boring seminars at university, spark of my imagination when I walk the streets, trigger of ideas, tank tearing down the barriers in my creativity...
Okay, I'll stop here.
Love it. Gotta love it. Got it from a friend, have seldomly been more delighted by a piece of creativity-triggering-book. Am working fanatically on it. :D
Veronika
Dec 29, 2014 Veronika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*currently destroying*
Leanna
Sep 05, 2008 Leanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Technically, Keri Smith’s Wreck This Journal isn’t exactly a book, but I wanted to write a review of it anyway.

This week, I gave the “journal” to my niece who turned 13 years old. I knew she would either react with rapture or complete apathy. Fortunately for my aspirations to be a cool aunt, she loved it.

Each page of the journal contains different instructions for destructing the book: poke holes through this page, burn that page, mail the entire journal to yourself. My niece immediately set out
Dr. Barrett  Dylan Brown, Phd
I'm sorry, but this is just my opinion. As a journal keeper for many years I find this book and other "Art/Inspiration by Command" books like it repulsive. I think they serve to give form, where form should be created by itself. They are evil and work to inhibit, rather than help the flow of creativity. But 290 other people seem to like it, so what do I know?
Liam
Nov 27, 2014 Liam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will literally provide me with hours, days, weeks, months, years of stuff to do! It's kept me busy for so long and it's just nice to do a little bit every now and then when I'm in the mood! Such a great idea and would recommend to all!
Danny Phanton
Nov 20, 2014 Danny Phanton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta resultando más entretenido de lo que esperaba.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pues ya comencé con este libro, me gusta la idea de "destrozarlo" y esta bastante entretenido para desestresarte un poco. Difícil por eso de que cuidar un libro es importante para mi y eso lo hace interesante.

Aunque un poco caro para lo que es, pero bueno. Me gusta bastante.
Wan Rathna
Aug 10, 2015 Wan Rathna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Wan by: Kenny Sim
THE BEST STRESS RELIEVER IN THE WORLD!

I always have my own way of "treating" my diary. I cut it in half if the year was a shitty one or i intentionally leave stained of coffee on the name of a person i hated.

By the end of my first year in university, a close senior of mine gave this book as a present and I was so fascinated by the format of the journal. Every flip of the pages makes me feel like they are mocking and challenging me. Maybe bcoz I always felt like a diary/journal should be "innocen
Nanu
Oct 18, 2014 Nanu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Para los que no lo conocen, este es un libro para intervenir. En cada página la autora sugiere distintas formas de destruirlo: desde tirarle café, hasta llevártelo a la ducha, arrancarle páginas, pegarle objetos varios, etcétera.
Es un buen ejercicio para los que tenemos el TOC de no escribir en los libros ni con lápiz. Al principio me costó empezar a usarlo ya que no quería que se arruinara, pero terminó siendo una linda experiencia. Así está quedando mi edición:

EmilyGrace
May 27, 2011 EmilyGrace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: perfectionists,
Recommended to EmilyGrace by: friend
"WARNING: During the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint, or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found the book in. You may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. You may begin to live more recklessly.
Dedicated to perfectionists all over the world."

Absolutely hilarious. This was given to me as a birthday present from a good friend who
Thebruce1314
I love the concept of giving instructions to be followed/interpreted on each page. The point of the journal is to break the habit of all perfectionists who shudder to think of a page being bent in one of their books. I am one of those, without a doubt: crack a spine and I'll crack your arm. Though it was difficult at first, it was liberating to be able to "wreck" the journal, creating a unique work of art in the process. It's hard to ever be finished with this book, as it is always evolving; it' ...more
Cass
Dec 12, 2014 Cass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars because it is a really good idea for a "book" but I can't find it in myself to actually wreck the book so it just sits on the shelf looking pretty.
Sam Willows
It was fun to throw the book in the water and walk with it around like a dog, I'll tell you that
Juliana Zapata
Aug 15, 2014 Juliana Zapata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Aunque no soy para nada creativa, tengo que reconocer que me divertí mucho destrozando este diario. Me sentía como niña chiquita con juguete nuevo.
Beáta
Apr 22, 2014 Beáta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prečítala som všetky nápady, ale pochybujem, že do tej knihy spravím čiarku, maximálne očíslujem strany a niečo vyfarbím, bože mne je to tak ľúto dačo tej knihe spraviť, ani omylom nebudem trhať strany

začalo to kreslením čiar na jednej strane, skončilo to odtlačkami narúžovaných pier a rúk od cvikly, 2 vytrhnutými stranami, tromi hodeniami o stenu, 2 streknutiami voňavkou a kilom lepiacej pásky ... neviem koho som sa snažila oklamať, som nervák od narodenia a keď začnem čarbať tak neviem sk
Shelly
Not exactly a book to be read as much as it is a book to experience. One of the first instructions is to crack the spine... I whimpered. But now that I'm past that, I'm finding it a whole lot of fun -- although I'm not too sure about taking it for a walk....
Rosa
Jul 10, 2009 Rosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Creative Journals.
Got this from Urban Outfitters. This looks like a good book to use as a random scrapbook and observation journal. I have so far gotten this book wet along with scribbling inside it, and tearing out the pages and following a few of it's instructions. After you jot down some random notes inside this book, it often reminds me of a book that was distressed by someone else, instead of being owned by me. You get the feeling after using this book that you are looking into a book that was left behind by ...more
Rhea Fuentes
Dec 05, 2011 Rhea Fuentes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have just got my "Wreck This Journal" by Keri Smith this morning. To create is to destroy - It's pretty a fascinating journal, as I would put it. The fact that each of the pages would ask you to pour coffee on it, poke holes in the pages with pencil, draw lines, scratch the journal with sharp object, scribble wildly and violently, rip it up, hide a secret message somewhere in the book and so on... really makes me excited.

My little sister thinks I'm insane for buying a journal that I would des
Anna
10 hours after buying my copy of 'Wreck this Journal' and its already been taken in the shower, the spine cracked and (much to my disgust) smeared with food.
Admitidly I might not gone about completing my journal in the best order. Half way through spreading gravy half-heartedly across my page I realised - if I followed the books instructions correctly - I would have to sleep with the journal.
For book lovers this book will either be a nightmare of ripped pages and bent covers or a opportunity to
Grace
Dec 16, 2013 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not exactly a reading book, but an activity book. A fun, creative, see-just-how-beat-up-you-can-get-it activity book. I had hours of fun with it and to prove it I can show you all two pieces! (I don't remember exactly what task split it at the spine, but it probably happened after throwing it at the wall then dragging it around from a string outside) I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind getting in the dirt and having fun :)
Sophia Tallon
Dec 29, 2011 Sophia Tallon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
WOOOOOOW!!!! I got this as a present yesterday for Christmas from my aunt and -seriously?- It is AWESOME!!!! This is the BEST journal EVER!!! Who knew throwing a journal at the wall could be SO fun :D I am still working on doing all that it comands...I don't know if I'll tie a string to it and take it for a walk...That picture of it is NOT accurate btw. Mine is WRECKED literally the cover looks waaaaaay more awesome now :D
Andrea
Jan 16, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Destrucción colectiva protagonizada por: Nanu, Liz, Lau, Violante y moi
  • Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists
  • List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • The Happy Book: A Journal to Celebrate What Makes You Happy
  • 642 Things to Write About
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity (Perigee Book)
  • Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit Through Self-Expression
  • All About Me
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • Let's Make Some Great Art
  • The Decorated Journal: Creating Beautifully Expressive Journal Pages
  • Messy Thrilling Life: The Art of Figuring Out How to Live
  • Alphabetica: An A-Z Creativity Guide for Collage and Book Artists
  • Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos & Altered Books
  • Take a Line for a Walk: A Creativity Journal
  • I Was Here: A Travel Journal for the Curious Minded
  • Journal Revolution: Rise Up & Create! Art Journals, Personal Manifestos and Other Artistic Insurrections
  • 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
Keri Smith is an author/illustrator turned guerilla artist. She has several bestselling books, including Wreck This Journal, This is Not a Book, How To Be An Explorer of the World, Mess, Finish this Book, and The Wander Society all published by Penguin Books. Read more at her website http://WWW.KERISMITH.COM
More about Keri Smith...