Start by marking “A Week At The Beach” as Want to Read:
A Week At The Beach

A Week At The Beach

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,202 Ratings  ·  274 Reviews
Thanks to a scandalous affair, NYC girls Chrissy and Cami were banished from their usual beach vacation in the Hamptons. Needing to get away, Chrissy begged her stepfather for the keys to his family’s Outer Banks beach house. Darren needed to get out of LA, and his best friend Nick was delegated to keep an eye on him. Hoping to stay out of trouble, the boys flew off to the ...more
Published January 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about A Week At The Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Week At The Beach

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesPerfection by R.L. MathewsonKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst
Best Accidentally Pregnant in Romance Novels
449th out of 675 books — 2,112 voters
One More Day by M. MaloneAlpha by Jasinda WilderTeasing Trent by M. MaloneAll I Need is You by M. MaloneHe's the Man by M. Malone
The HOT List
115th out of 153 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Who doesn't love A WEEK AT THE BEACH? Especially if it is free - well, yes I am referring to the book - as I acquired it for free through Amazon, thanks to the very generous author AND I am also referring to a free week at the beach in the literal sense. That is exactly the kind of fringe benefits the heroine (Cami) of this fantastic romantic read gets for putting up with her high-maintenance, gold-digging, socialite of a friend, Chrissy.

Cami is a plain jane - in her own mind - who was raised fr
NayNay
Jan 23, 2012 NayNay rated it really liked it
This was a sweet book. NYC girls Chrissy and Cami were banished from their usual beach vacation in the Hamptons. Needing to get away, Chrissy begged her stepfather for the keys to his family’s Outer Banks beach house. Darren needed to get out of LA, and his best friend Nick was delegated to keep an eye on him. Hoping to stay out of trouble, the boys flew off to the Outer Banks to spend a week at the family beach house. When the boys discover that the house is already occupied by two beautiful NY ...more
Chris
Aug 19, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
What a sweet feel good romance story! This book had little angst, things happened a bit too easy overall, but it was a such an enjoyable read. I loved the banter between Nick and Cami. There was a lot of funny moments, yet some serious emotional moments too. Nick was absolutely swoon worthy moments. A surprisingly perfect, easy feel good read.
Aprille
Apr 19, 2012 Aprille rated it it was ok
Meh . . . This was not a great book. A few times I almost set it down for good, but I did want to know how it ended, so I give it two stars for keeping me just interested enough to finish. I would not recommend it to anyone. The main character is not very interesting, and the same situations just happened over and over again with the same guy. "Should I kiss him? Should I hook-up? I'm not like that. Blah, blah, blah . .."
Shannon
Apr 11, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: some-of-my-favs
I loved this book! It was such a quick and easy read. It literally had me laughing out loud during certain parts.
Dancing Queen
A certains passages j'étais comme ça :

description

mais bon, la plupart du temps j'étais plus comme ça :

description

NB : Merci à Virginia Jewel avec son histoire de mites/acariens creepy, elle m'a foutu une nouvelle phobie. Comme si être lépidophobe c'était pas déjà assez fun. (Payes ta soirée après avoir googlisé aoûtat.)
Jenn
Dec 26, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
This story was perfect for the book funk I was in when I started it.

Reasons to like this book:
1. Quick read.
2. Kept me interested the whole time.
3. I didn't want to put it down.
4. No one tries to ruin or come between the main couple.
5. They didn't try to play stupid games/give way to too much head-space.
6. Had good humor.
7. Great flirting.
8. NICK. I LOVED Nick.
9. There's a part later in the book where I'm glad that hesitation doesn't play a part in what takes place. Thank heavens for no head-spa
Vega_girl
Aug 21, 2015 Vega_girl rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, fun-reads
OMGosh!!!

I LOVED this book!!! I just read a similar story line where a couple fell in love in a week and I was NOT a happy camper!!! In my review I said it all felt too rushed......Well this book was perfect!! I loved that it never felt rushed because neither Nate nor Cami were looking for love.....they both just kind of fell!! This is a great feel good book perfect for a book hangover!!
Vanessa
Apr 20, 2012 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, romantic and a good amount of humor that actually made me chuckle out loud. Honestly, my only gripe is the book was too short. Definitely looking forward to the author's future books.
Lori
Apr 16, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
I have to say for an amazon freebie A Week at the Beach was a great little read! So many LOL moments and a sweet little love story that will put a smile on your face!
Kate T
May 22, 2012 Kate T rated it it was amazing
this was a very cute story. I loved the relationship between Nick and Cami. Great chick lit! if you are looking for a quick read., I highly recommend it!
Suzanne
May 17, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Very cute book.
Wish it was Three weeks at the beach instead just so that it would go on for longer. :)
Kate Wirth
May 18, 2012 Kate Wirth rated it it was amazing
Really cute. 100% chick book.
Chanpreet
Apr 30, 2012 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
Cami and Chrissy have escaped for a week to the Outer Banks from NYC to avoid a scandal Chrissy has gotten involved in, not knowing that the family beach house has also been occupied by two other people. Nick and Darren have flown in from LA to take a week off because of something Darren has done. Sparks fly in all directions and it's really great to see them. Darren and Cami rub each other the wrong way, while Nick and Cami seem to get along really well. But Cami has rules, and she doesn't do h ...more
Cyrissa Anderson
May 19, 2012 Cyrissa Anderson rated it really liked it
I read this book to take break from some of the "heavier" reading I've been doing. I found it very enjoyable, a fun book...the kind that's great to take on a vacation to the beach or read by the pool. A perfect summer read!

In quick summary, Cami goes to a beach house with her friend for a week to relax. The house ends up being shared with two guys, one of whom is Nick, a hot successful man with a past. They spend 5 days flirting, with Cami resisting anything more because she isn't the "hook-up"
GW
Apr 13, 2012 GW rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Really enjoyable, quick read! Finished this in about 2-3 hours, and it was pretty fast placed. It's a predictable plot line, but also refreshing. The story mainly revolves around Nick and Cami, and it's just really cute and adorable. The only downside was that I wanted to know more about Chrissy and Darren. At first I thought that it would be that those two would get together as well. You'll love the characters, and of course, there's a happy ending! I mean, it was sorta inevitable..the ending.

I
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Apr 11, 2012 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
What an enjoyable read!! Really loved this book and didn't want it to end.A nice change from my normal Vampire love stories.

This story has so much fun in it.I love the beach and to meet a hunk at the beach and fall in love is just to dreamy.And Nick's character was so not the typical macho man you find on the beach.Nick is a true to heart sweety with a hurtful past that he tries to hide. Until he meets Cammy.The love of his life....only knowing her for 5 days and he was crazy in love for the fir
Barbara
May 25, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
I think Virginia Jewel will be on my favorite author's list.
I LOVED the romance she created. The authenticy it had. I actually laughed out loud for some parts and found myself smiling through most of this book . It reminded me of summers and summer guys that ive had. Her characters are relatable and convincing. Its a book I didn't want to put down because the real world just wasn't that good (my book worms know the feeling). I cant wait to read the rest of her stories!
Danielle Calabrese
Apr 15, 2012 Danielle Calabrese rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars! A totally adorable read! I didn't know what to expect from this novel since I got it free from Amazon, but it was so cute. Nick and Cami were adorable together and I didn't feel like their short friendship/romance wasn't enough to fall in love. Ms. Jewel made you feel like they were meant to be together. I also really liked Cami's family and wished they were in the novel a little more! I can't wait to read more from this author!
Erika
Jul 27, 2015 Erika rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This was such a feel good book. I read this after a book that blew my mind and this was just what I needed. Four people meet at a beach house and by the end of the book I can not lie, I was in tears. Seriously I had tears in my eyes, happy tears.
Karen
Aug 16, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
This was such a quick easy read! Exactly what I wanted! A great feel-good novel! Literally perfect for a week at the beach!
Susan
Apr 16, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Quick read. Loved the banter and chemistry between Cami & Nick. I had fun reading through it. My one beef w/ the book (when was it published?) are some of the obvious similarities to the "Fifty Shades" books...in very specific ways (cigarette burns, clumsy girl, rich guy, tucks her hair behind her ears). I found that disappointing and I'm hoping all of those references were coincidental.
Wendy
Apr 28, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Fun beach read. It was a chick-lit romance, which is not my favorite genre, but it was fun to read something a little more breezy and lighthearted. Not graphic at all, but definitely a lot of innuendo in the book.

** Possible spoiler: It was a quick little read on my Kindle that took about a day or so to read. Cute story with a happily ever-after ending.
Kathy Hall
Apr 29, 2012 Kathy Hall rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book a great deal and because I'm so much older than the characters, that really surprised me. But the author does a great job of keeping the sexual and romantic tension up. I loved her characters, which are very fully developed and the whole beach scene was actually like going to the beach - a big plus for a California girl like me.
Kim
Jan 26, 2012 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2012
This was a nice quick easy read and I managed to get it as a free download for my kindle. I would give it 3.5 if I could give half marks. Cami goes to a family beach house with her friends- they are surprised that 2 men arrive at the same time. Cami spends time with the one man and enjoy days out. It had a predictable ending- but was a lovely cosy read.
Kara
Apr 14, 2012 Kara rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book that had me hooked from the beginning. The book was offered on the kindle for free. I thought I would give it a hot. However, I was sucked into a great story of two friends going to the beach. Two strangers happen to show up an the book takes a wild ride from there. This was a quick an easy read.
Piccadilly
May 12, 2012 Piccadilly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Terri Williams
May 01, 2012 Terri Williams rated it it was amazing
This book had me from the very first page!! I read it in one sitting, I just couldn't put it down! I love the characters and how they are portrayed. There were many times when I would actually laugh out loud and talk to the characters. A little weird I know! Lol. But I would def recommend this book to everyone.
Jeni
May 09, 2012 Jeni rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's a romance novel and it's definitely not G, so I wouldn't recommend it to your grandma. There is sex, but no actual sex scenes- pretty much just like a PG13 movie. The story was super cute and I loved it! Plus I got it for free on my kindle so that was awesome too.
Renee
Jun 15, 2012 Renee rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Why am I reading a book a day?? cause of books like this. A great story of best friends and families. Nicks past and how he grew up was sad, but not disturbing so that makes it much more appealing. Now it is after midnight I am going to bed before I start a new book.
  • Happy Hour
  • Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Sleeping with Paris (A Paris Romance Book 1)
  • Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas, #1)
  • The Marriage List (New York Nights, #1)
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Stuck with You
  • Always the Last to Know (Always the Bridesmaid, #1)
  • Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many (Seven Exes, #1)
  • Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • This Time Forever
  • Death Is a Relative Thing
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • Riversong (River Valley, #1)
  • Breaking The Rules