Start by marking “A Week At The Beach” as Want to Read:
A Week At The Beach

A Week At The Beach

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,808 ratings  ·  259 reviews
Thanks to a scandalous affair, NYC girls Chrissy and Cami were banished from their usual beach vacation in the Hamptons. Needing to get away, Chrissy begged her stepfather for the keys to his family’s Outer Banks beach house. Darren needed to get out of LA, and his best friend Nick was delegated to keep an eye on him. Hoping to stay out of trouble, the boys flew off to the ...more
Published January 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about A Week At The Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Week At The Beach

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Who doesn't love A WEEK AT THE BEACH? Especially if it is free - well, yes I am referring to the book - as I acquired it for free through Amazon, thanks to the very generous author AND I am also referring to a free week at the beach in the literal sense. That is exactly the kind of fringe benefits the heroine (Cami) of this fantastic romantic read gets for putting up with her high-maintenance, gold-digging, socialite of a friend, Chrissy.

Cami is a plain jane - in her own mind - who was raised fr
Nay Nay
This was a sweet book. NYC girls Chrissy and Cami were banished from their usual beach vacation in the Hamptons. Needing to get away, Chrissy begged her stepfather for the keys to his family’s Outer Banks beach house. Darren needed to get out of LA, and his best friend Nick was delegated to keep an eye on him. Hoping to stay out of trouble, the boys flew off to the Outer Banks to spend a week at the family beach house. When the boys discover that the house is already occupied by two beautiful NY ...more
Shannon
I loved this book! It was such a quick and easy read. It literally had me laughing out loud during certain parts.
Jenn
This story was perfect for the book funk I was in when I started it.

Reasons to like this book:
1. Quick read.
2. Kept me interested the whole time.
3. I didn't want to put it down.
4. No one tries to ruin or come between the main couple.
5. They didn't try to play stupid games/give way to too much head-space.
6. Had good humor.
7. Great flirting.
8. NICK. I LOVED Nick.
9. There's a part later in the book where I'm glad that hesitation doesn't play a part in what takes place. Thank heavens for no head-spa
Aprille
Meh . . . This was not a great book. A few times I almost set it down for good, but I did want to know how it ended, so I give it two stars for keeping me just interested enough to finish. I would not recommend it to anyone. The main character is not very interesting, and the same situations just happened over and over again with the same guy. "Should I kiss him? Should I hook-up? I'm not like that. Blah, blah, blah . .."
Vanessa
Enjoyable, romantic and a good amount of humor that actually made me chuckle out loud. Honestly, my only gripe is the book was too short. Definitely looking forward to the author's future books.
Lori
I have to say for an amazon freebie A Week at the Beach was a great little read! So many LOL moments and a sweet little love story that will put a smile on your face!
Kate T
this was a very cute story. I loved the relationship between Nick and Cami. Great chick lit! if you are looking for a quick read., I highly recommend it!
Suzanne
Very cute book.
Wish it was Three weeks at the beach instead just so that it would go on for longer. :)
Kate Wirth
Really cute. 100% chick book.
Chanpreet
Cami and Chrissy have escaped for a week to the Outer Banks from NYC to avoid a scandal Chrissy has gotten involved in, not knowing that the family beach house has also been occupied by two other people. Nick and Darren have flown in from LA to take a week off because of something Darren has done. Sparks fly in all directions and it's really great to see them. Darren and Cami rub each other the wrong way, while Nick and Cami seem to get along really well. But Cami has rules, and she doesn't do h ...more
Cyrissa Anderson
I read this book to take break from some of the "heavier" reading I've been doing. I found it very enjoyable, a fun book...the kind that's great to take on a vacation to the beach or read by the pool. A perfect summer read!

In quick summary, Cami goes to a beach house with her friend for a week to relax. The house ends up being shared with two guys, one of whom is Nick, a hot successful man with a past. They spend 5 days flirting, with Cami resisting anything more because she isn't the "hook-up"
GW
Apr 13, 2012 GW rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Really enjoyable, quick read! Finished this in about 2-3 hours, and it was pretty fast placed. It's a predictable plot line, but also refreshing. The story mainly revolves around Nick and Cami, and it's just really cute and adorable. The only downside was that I wanted to know more about Chrissy and Darren. At first I thought that it would be that those two would get together as well. You'll love the characters, and of course, there's a happy ending! I mean, it was sorta inevitable..the ending.

I
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
What an enjoyable read!! Really loved this book and didn't want it to end.A nice change from my normal Vampire love stories.

This story has so much fun in it.I love the beach and to meet a hunk at the beach and fall in love is just to dreamy.And Nick's character was so not the typical macho man you find on the beach.Nick is a true to heart sweety with a hurtful past that he tries to hide. Until he meets Cammy.The love of his life....only knowing her for 5 days and he was crazy in love for the fir
Barbara
I think Virginia Jewel will be on my favorite author's list.
I LOVED the romance she created. The authenticy it had. I actually laughed out loud for some parts and found myself smiling through most of this book . It reminded me of summers and summer guys that ive had. Her characters are relatable and convincing. Its a book I didn't want to put down because the real world just wasn't that good (my book worms know the feeling). I cant wait to read the rest of her stories!
Danielle Calabrese
4 1/2 stars! A totally adorable read! I didn't know what to expect from this novel since I got it free from Amazon, but it was so cute. Nick and Cami were adorable together and I didn't feel like their short friendship/romance wasn't enough to fall in love. Ms. Jewel made you feel like they were meant to be together. I also really liked Cami's family and wished they were in the novel a little more! I can't wait to read more from this author!
Susan
Quick read. Loved the banter and chemistry between Cami & Nick. I had fun reading through it. My one beef w/ the book (when was it published?) are some of the obvious similarities to the "Fifty Shades" books...in very specific ways (cigarette burns, clumsy girl, rich guy, tucks her hair behind her ears). I found that disappointing and I'm hoping all of those references were coincidental.
Wendyh
Fun beach read. It was a chick-lit romance, which is not my favorite genre, but it was fun to read something a little more breezy and lighthearted. Not graphic at all, but definitely a lot of innuendo in the book.

** Possible spoiler: It was a quick little read on my Kindle that took about a day or so to read. Cute story with a happily ever-after ending.
Kathy Hall
I enjoyed this book a great deal and because I'm so much older than the characters, that really surprised me. But the author does a great job of keeping the sexual and romantic tension up. I loved her characters, which are very fully developed and the whole beach scene was actually like going to the beach - a big plus for a California girl like me.
Kim
Jan 26, 2012 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012, kindle
This was a nice quick easy read and I managed to get it as a free download for my kindle. I would give it 3.5 if I could give half marks. Cami goes to a family beach house with her friends- they are surprised that 2 men arrive at the same time. Cami spends time with the one man and enjoy days out. It had a predictable ending- but was a lovely cosy read.
Kara
This was an amazing book that had me hooked from the beginning. The book was offered on the kindle for free. I thought I would give it a hot. However, I was sucked into a great story of two friends going to the beach. Two strangers happen to show up an the book takes a wild ride from there. This was a quick an easy read.
Piccadilly
Terri Williams
This book had me from the very first page!! I read it in one sitting, I just couldn't put it down! I love the characters and how they are portrayed. There were many times when I would actually laugh out loud and talk to the characters. A little weird I know! Lol. But I would def recommend this book to everyone.
Jeni
I loved this book. It's a romance novel and it's definitely not G, so I wouldn't recommend it to your grandma. There is sex, but no actual sex scenes- pretty much just like a PG13 movie. The story was super cute and I loved it! Plus I got it for free on my kindle so that was awesome too.
Renee
Loved it!! Why am I reading a book a day?? cause of books like this. A great story of best friends and families. Nicks past and how he grew up was sad, but not disturbing so that makes it much more appealing. Now it is after midnight I am going to bed before I start a new book.
Lora Cumbie
This is a story about Cami and her friend Chrissy, both in their 20's, who take a week-long trip to the beach and stay in Chrissy's step-father's beach house. What they don't expect is to have two strange guys show up claiming to be doing the same.

I really enjoyed the majority of the story that took place at the beach house. I love the dialog between Cami and Nick, and loved these 2 characters, as well.

After the beach trip, the story didn't flow as well, and skipped some crucial events and time
Nancy
This wasn't a particularly well written book and was highly predictible. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I liked the characters and it made me smile and I felt good when I finished it. Not a bad summer read - even though I read it in January!!
Christy
It was a freebie on amazon! Always a perk, cute enough story. I enjoyed the way they got to know so much about one another. Darren & Chrissy confused me because I get that they were back ground characters, but they were almost too background.
Jess
I really enjoyed this book, well to be honest I enjoy all of Virgina Jewel's books, and I really love how the main characters become friends first before going any further in their relationships! I Love it! I want to read more :)
Heather
A really quick and very enjoyable read. There was a really nice vibe about the story, nothing was OTT, it left lots to the imagination rather than it being in your face.

Would definately reccomend and will be reading again I'm sure.
  • Sleeping with Paris (A Paris Romance)
  • Happy Hour
  • Riversong (River Valley, #1)
  • A Proper Charlie
  • The Marriage Pact (The Marriage Pact, #1)
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Build A Man (Serenity Holland, #1)
  • Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart
  • Love Regifted
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • Breaking The Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #587)
  • Stuck with You
  • This Time Forever (Glebe Point, #1)
  • Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Nothing Stays In Vegas
  • Ties That Bind
  • Death Is a Relative Thing
Nuptials for Sale Second Chance Across the Pond Christmas in Hell Across the Pond (A Romantic Comedy)