Start by marking “Never Can Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Never Can Say Goodbye

Never Can Say Goodbye

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  25 reviews
It looks, Frankie thought happily to herself, like a proper fabulous frock shop!

Francesca Meredith has always had a penchant for vintage dresses. So when she inherits a retro dress shop in the quaint Berkshire village of Kingston Dapple, it’s better than winning the lottery. Life is just perfect for Frankie, but it’s about to get complicated when she sees a masculine visio
Published (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Never Can Say Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Can Say Goodbye

Aileen
Francesca Meredith (Frankie as she likes to be called) is nearly 30, and single. She inherits a frock shop, is a bit shocked at first as she knows nothing about running a business, however she is eventually over the moon.
Dexter Valentine the gorgeous florist is on the scene but are they just Friends? Why won’t Dexter talk about his past?
Frankie transforms the shop but Maisie Farnbrother the local medium informs Frankie the shop is full of Ghosts but is it?
I really enjoyed this book, from the pre
Jo
Slightly silly but perfect escapism - loved the Cherish and Brian storyline :)
Rea Sinfield
I am a huge Christina Jones fan, so when I heard she was releasing the final book in her current series I was devastated as these books are a world of their own I have never read a book by another author which has them same feel to them as these books. This last book, Never can say Goodbye was released earlier in the year and I couldn’t get it in any of our local stores so I ordered it online from Waterstones and I have been beside myself waiting for it as it has only just arrived so my advice t ...more
Chanpreet
First of all let me say I have no idea why people didn't love this book as much as I did. I remember when it was released a lot of the reviews I read talked about how there was something off with the paranormal part and it was different from her other books, or some other nonsense. Almost all of Ms.Jones's books have had magic in them 'til date. There are probably less than a hand full and it's the magic or paranormal aspect that adds a little zest to the mix of her characters and their madcap a ...more
Tasneem
Beautifully witty and filled with wonderful characters Jones' books are a delight to read. I just died for the sexy florist and the beautiful frock shop owner. The ghosts were particularly funny. I love reading about people we've already met in previous books and seeing the different villages and hamlets again and again. Marvellous. It makes me want to move to Berkshire.
Aicha Williams
I like reading Christina Jones novels. They are light-hearted without being silly, witty without being snarky and with just the right amount of romance, without going over the deep end. I also like how all the stories are entwined. Characters from previous works pop up all the time. It's fun and I always look forward to it. Feels like meeting old friends :-)
Alida arabelle
it was superb.........i loved dexter ........and frankie how adorable is she...i loved them sharing their stories.and ernie.how sad.and atlast how nice...it was just so beautiful.i just loved it..and yeah.......micheal buble was there.and i luv him.....i luvd all the romances...and yeah...it was awesome..
Jeanette montgomery
I loved this book from start to finish, couldn't put it down.

I love this author and this latest offering doesn't disappoint.

I love the ghosts and romantic elements of this book.

I also like how cleverly she brings characters from previous books it was nice to catch up with them.
Tuija
tämä oli taas sellanen että ei malttanut lopettaa lukemista. tykkäsin kovasti! aiheessa oli kolmekin hyvää: tuonpuoleisuus, vintagemekot ja tietty romantiikka.
Jacqueline
The only thing that got me to the end of this book was a burning desire to see whether it improved by the end. Unfortunately it didn't. The ghost plot was just daft, not remotely credible. I suspect it was supposed to be funny, but the constant flippancy was just irritating. What amounted to a fairly interesting back story for the two protagonists was eventually dispatched in a couple of pages at the end. I would much rather have read much more about that and much, much less ghost stuff.
Sandie Bishop
lovely if a little bit predictable. A nice feel good tale.
Faa
The reason I bought this book, was the cover.
It has cute frocks and vintage handbag.
I was hoping, let the story be as cute as the cover.
Well, in this case, I was right when I judge the book by its cover.
Cute love story, friendly characters, weird atmosphere and charming hero.
This is definitely the book that I want to be with during rainy day, with a mug of hot chocolate propped on my overlarge couch ;-)
Seven heaven!
Suze
I like Christina Jones's books and this one is another goodie. Frankie is given a dress shop which them becomes haunted by ghosts. Helped by Dexter, the flower stall man, she tries to return the ghosts to the after life with humourous results. With the HEA at the end that is expected, its a winner if you like the authors style. An enjoyable country romp, with recurring characters from previous books.
Hajar
Never Say Goodbye is super awesome meet witty..Frankie is a sweet and so does Dexter but my favourite is Frankie awesome/bimbo friend Lilly!..i love that name and for Christina to create a funny/bimbo/brilliant *that whats Frank and Lil's call's*..i love and adore the ghost...so far everything about Christina Jones never to disappoint me..here it is and cherish fer the dead!..awesome! *clink*
Melanie Jess
Love Christina's books and this was another fab read!

The stories all round the lil villages all connect to one another and I love it! Frankie is a character people can relate to and not some "wag" like other writers use!

Adore you Christina!
Donna Irwin
I love Christina Jones and i loved this book, but not quite as much as some of the others - parts a bit too silly - but as usual fabulous central characters in Dexter and Frankie, mystery in the past, and a ahppy ending!!
Naomi
Frankie inherits a dress shop right across the way from the gorgeous Dexter’s flower shop.

This book was light hearted and fun to read. It was easy to read and I would recommend reading this book.
Julie Day
I do so love Christina's books, and this one was even more enjoyable. I read this during a horrible, hectic and tiring week and it cheered me up no end. Full of laughter and frolics. Loved it.
Caroline Montague
I love Christina Jones books. And was excited to read this one. It did not disappoint. I could have kept on reading, would love to find out what happens next in Francesca's fabulous frock shop!
Amanda
Absolutely loved this hilarious book. If you can remember 'Rent-a-Ghost' as a child this will bring back memories. Can't believe I've got to wait until next year for Christina's new book.
Viviee Scragg
Just as good and funny as all Christina's prevous books keep up the good work cant wait for the next one to come out Regards Viviee xx
Zen
It's almost cheesy but the surprises, paranormal and not, made up for the extra happy bits.
Naoto Kagami
amazing plot and bitter-sweet of love
Amanda
Cute story, nice writing.
Karen Mcilwain
Karen Mcilwain marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Alison Moore
Alison Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: pages 2 14 Jan 21, 2013 04:16AM
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • The Magic of Christmas
  • White Wedding
  • Recipe for Love
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • The Boot Camp
  • A Merry Little Christmas
  • Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop of Dreams (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #1)
  • It Happened in Venice
  • Amy's Honeymoon
  • The Saturday Supper Club
  • Ten Years On
  • Promises, Promises
  • Just A Family Affair (Honeycote, #3)
  • Revenge
  • The Christmas List
  • The Playgroup
  • The Last Time I Saw You
I've written all my life, but only became a published novelist in 1997. Before that, I wrote short stories and newspaper articles for pin money while doing a series of naff jobs. In fact I've had twenty seven jobs and been sacked from nineteen of them for writing when I should have been working. I've been, among other things, a shop assistant, waitress, cleaner, secretary, factory worker, market-r ...more
More about Christina Jones...
Heaven Sent Hubble Bubble Love Potions Seeing Stars Tickled Pink