Fate (Fate, #1)

Fate (Fate #1)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  3,469 ratings  ·  235 reviews
New Adult / Contemporary Romance

When Rose tagged along with her big sister to a baby shower the last thing she expected was to meet a guy. But this wasn’t just any guy. This was the exciting, sexy as sin, way out of her league black sheep of his family--Vincent Moreno. Even more surprising, this heart-stopping bad boy seemed interested in her.

Fate always had a way of inter...more
Published October 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Book Boyfriends
351st out of 4,509 books — 17,624 voters
Real by Katy EvansBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireFighting for Flight by J.B. SalsburyMine by Katy Evans
The Ultimate List of Fighter Romance
28th out of 140 books — 1,354 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenn
This highly anticipated new book is a great kick start to a new series by Reyes. I LOVE that the Moreno family line is carrying on in this spin off series from the Moreno Brother series. If you have not read the Moreno Brothers series first...then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

This family is such a highly entertaining, funny, overbearing, bossy/possessive, loving and a caring group of characters that it makes me want to be a a Moreno myself. If ever there were a book family, with extended relatives,...more
Sheryl
I must admit, i was actually REALLY dissapointed with the story... i was SOOOOOOO looking forward to Vince and Rose having been given snippets of their budding relationship in the past books, but somehow, their story kinda just fizzled in this book... sure it was very emotional but other than that i never really connected with Vince OR Rose :( Still love the author and her work though!!!
Karla
Nice start to this spin-off series from The Moreno Brothers! I was looking forward to Vince and Rose's story and was not disappointed. I really enjoyed how the author had us in the present initially and then brought us back in time to see how their story played out from the two different points of view. She actually intertwined the previous story-lines into this book, something she's done before, and does very well.

It had the usual amount of angst that one would expect in a young adult read, an...more
Laura YA indie princess
I can't wait to read Vincent and rose's story EDIT 26-6-2012 I want even more now that there is a cover <3 HURRY UP I NEED NOW <3

Edit 03rd oct 2012= I was so so so looking forward to Rose and Vincent story and miss Reyes didn't let me down I loved it. The only downside is I want more from the now then the past but I get why Elizabeth did it the way she did. I want the 2nd book in the fate series now!!!!
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream

Readers were first introduced to Rose and Vincent in Making You Mine (Moreno Brothers #5). As soon as I finished reading Making You Mine, I wanted to get my hands on Rose and Vincent's story. I did a happy dance when I learned that Fate was available on Amazon Kindle. I knew a little bit of Rose and Vincent's backstory going into this novel, but I learned a lot more about the characters from reading this novel.

I r...more
Ann
4.0 Stars. Very sweet sexy romance. Elizabeth Reyes is an auto buy for me and she never fails to deliver a great story. Vince and Rose are such an adorable couple. Rose is a sweet girl but its Vince who shines in this story trying to overcome his bad boy lifestyle as the story develops. It’s a tough uphill climb to stay out of trouble when trouble has been his middle name for so long. He fights to make the right choices and he wants to make those choices to be better for Rose. He has such a big...more
Wow. This book was fantastic. Although I had no doubt. I loved the Moreno Brothers so I knew I was going to love this one. I was so excited when I heard she was writing this book. I fell in love with Vince and Rose in Making You Mine. This book is a continuation of their story. I love the alternating POV's and the time changes. I was really happy to read about Vince and Rose, but it was also great how she incorporated all the Morenos into this story. This is definitely a MUST READ'!!! I can't wa...more
Lori Loves Reading
Autumn Review
I honestly didn't think it was possible, but Vincent Moreno stole my heart. I now have a Moreno tie. Alex and Vincent. Hmmm....the thoughts are spinning. Two Moreno's, one me. Could be interesting. Sorry. I have a gutter mind.

Anyway, Fate tells the tale of Rose and Vincent. They met at a baby shower in Making You Mine. Rose is Grace's younger sister. Grace is Sal Moreno's wife. Vincent is Sal's cousin. Am I confusing you? I hope not. I just want to give you an idea of who everyone is and their...more
Nicole
4.5 Stars

Vincent. One word but the reason why I loved this book. Elizabeth sure makes those Moreno's easy to love. They are possessive, loving and male too an extreme tee. Just how I like them ;) Adding up all those qualities and being a Moreno military man is BAM, insta-love for me! So yeah, I think you get it. I'm having a crazy cougar love for him! He might even surpass Alex Moreno.

I didn't really care for the then/now story line but it wasn't that big of a problem. The only real problem I h...more
Bethany
Gosh I've missed the Moreno family. Vincent and Rose's love story was great. It was great to watch their story build together from age 15 to about 20. I can't wait to read more about Vincent and Rose's life together and maybe even Enzo.
Āwhina **(Ahh-Fee-Nah) AKA ** Āwhina Affiliated
Loved! this!!! 5 stars. I Loooove Elizabeth Reyes style of writing, totally Loved! the Moreno Brothers & was sooooooo happy to learn (today!) that she had written a spin-off series *Happy Dance* : )
Cristal
So glad to finally read Vince and Rose's story! I was crying in just the prologue! Such a beautiful story.
Cha
Here goes the Moreno clan once again... and all that I can do is...

[image error]

What makes the Moreno clan irresistible:
1. They are all swoon-worthy
2. Very alpha male - Christian Gray material (but they're not sinfully rich as him)
3. Players, but when they find the woman for them, they stick to one
4. Very possessive - their girlfriends cannot possibly have friends who are boys.
5. Bad boys you wanna turn good.
6. They love their families, have great relationships with them.

What makes Vincent dif...more
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Vincent! You're now one of my favorite ex-bad-boys!!!

I was so curious on how Vincent and Rose's relationship would go. They just seemed both so innocent and young in Sal's story that I was very interested on how their love story would progress. As it turns out, it was pretty innocent, sweet and hot at the same time. It's also kinda serious if you look at Vincent's life. The plot is really awesome. I appreciate the "THEN AND NOW" parts.. they made the book more interesting. It's rare that I read...more
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
We first met Vince and Rose in the Moreno Brothers series, specifically in ‘Making you Mine’ (book #5). However, you can read Fate (Fate #1) the spin off as a stand-alone. In my personal opinion though I cannot recommend the Moreno Brother’s series highly enough and it will always be one of my favourite Mature YA series when I need that fix in between reading other genres. Elizabeth Reyes is without doubt one of the most talented Authors there is in this genre for that fix. So go pick the Moreno...more
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
You gotta love those damn Morenos! From the first book in the Moreno series I was absolutely smitten. These are such good books that make you want to shut the world out and just read. Don't worry though if you haven't read any of the other books Fate won't have you confused because it could stand alone. If you have read the series you may remember Rose and Vinnie from Making you Mine when they met at a baby shower. I was always curious about what happened between Rose and Vinnie during the Epilo...more
Gisbelle
As much as I like reading Ms Reyes's books and I have read almost all of her books, I have to admit that this book was not as good as I had expected it to be. It was predictable and just too slow for me. I was so bored the whole way through.

Besides, I didn't feel any connection to the characters. I think Rose was just too sweet to be true. Too forgiving and just too plain. Nothing exciting about her. And Vincent, like most of Ms. Reyes's heroes, was a bad boy. He was a bad boy who had trouble co...more
Bjnanashree
I wait eagerly for Reye's books. yesterday night, I was up until 4 am reading Vince and Rose's love story and I loved every moment of it. Umm its a 4.5 starrer for me as nothing can compete with ROMERO. However, Vince comes a close second. he he. Vince is cousin to the Monero brothers. But I found him more like Romero. His love for Rose, his possessiveness, jealousies... everything reminded me more and more of Romero.

I love reading those stories where love changes one for the good and brings out...more
Dee
What a decent young man he turned out to be. He proved them all wrong and was committed to his family. Lovely young boy.
Amy

OMG! OMG! Elizabeth Reyes never let's me down!! Great book!! I loved rose and Vince!! U rock Elizabeth!:))
Krissy P (Kris)
Beautiful, emotional and sexy - Vince and Rose's story is my favorite. Will review soon.
Toni
Oct 05, 2012 Toni rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mature
Vincent's story needed to be told! I'm gad that he was included in the Moreno novels.
Michelle Stango

Loved it!!! Need more Moreno books ASAP!
The BookWhisperer
When I found out that the next spin off of would be about Rose and Vincent, I was apprehensive. While reading about Sal and Grace, Rose and Vincent just didn’t seem like they would have a good love story. But I was wrong!

Reyes can do no wrong in my eyes. I have never been disappointed in any of her wonderful books; Fate is no exception.

Vincent’s character is very much like his Moreno cousins’ characters. Once Reyes introduces him and you get to know him, nothing in the world can stop your love f...more
Judy
Fate by Elizabeth Reyes
Fate Series Book 1
Vince’s knack for doing without thinking seemed to get him into quite a few messes. Even if it was a good thing he was doing….for him it ended up badly. Only this time being grounded and forced to attend his cousin’s baby shower ended up pretty well. He met Rose. Getting to know her caused him to want to be a better man, one worthy of this faultless beauty. Would fate step in and be for or against him this time?

Rose Zendejas didn’t have the easiest of liv...more
Faz
i loved this story, it was filled with a love conquers all theme. it was a bit different to the other Moreno books but just as good. at first i dragged reading it because of the past and present reading until i got comfy.

vince is a bad boy from the poor and bad side of 'town' and the very poor side of the moreno family. and falls in love with the equally poor sister in law of his 'rich' cousin sal.

there romance blossoms from a moreno party to many trials and tribulations. i felt that he had a he...more
Wanda
I am a fan of Elizabeth Reyes I've seen her evolution as a writer, her books reflect a lot of the same values that are a part of my own life. It makes it so much easier to relate to her stories, this one really got to me because Grace had meet Vince so young and their love was so strong yet so fragile. The fact Vince found himself in such dangerous predicaments reminds me of my husband and all the choices he made or did not make when he was young. I saw my husband when I was twelve and the rest...more
Adriana
wow once again Elizabeth did not dissapoint as i love all of her books i knew this one would be no diffrent.

What a start to the new spin off of the Moreno Brothers. From the start to the end i was captivated, i loved it that Vincent was a bad boy but not intentionally a bad boy, he really did try and and want to be good, he also had the family temper which i loved. I also loved that Rose and I share a birthday and Vincent is only 2 days later so from now on, on my birthday i will remember Rose a...more
Stand alone novel? 6 42 Jul 07, 2013 08:38PM
Crazy for Young A...: Fate by Elizabeth Reyes → Start Date: March 8th, 2013 52 22 Mar 09, 2013 06:43PM
  • Measuring Up
  • Shallow (Going Under, #2)
  • Finding Chase (Chasing Nikki, #2)
  • Fall Guy (Youngblood, #1)
  • Hope's Chance
  • Chasing After Infinity
  • Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2)
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • Fragile
  • Perchance
  • Forever Changed
  • Mia's Heart (The Paradise Diaries, #2)
  • Chasing Leah (Journey, #1)
  • Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)
  • Spill Over
  • Jocelyn's Choice
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
  • Broken Fairytales (Broken Fairytales, #1)
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street & Fate romance series.

Moreno Brothers:

Forever Mine - New Adult / Mature YA

Always Been Mine - Adult contemporary

Sweet Sofie - New Adult/ Mature YA

Romero - New Adult

Making You Mine - New Adult
(with bonus Angel and Sarah short "Only 8 days")

Forever Yours - New Adult (Angel and Sarah's follow up (college story...more
More about Elizabeth Reyes...
Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) Noah (5th Street, #1) Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #2) Making You Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #5) Sweet Sofie (The Moreno Brothers, #3)

“Love is something that grows gradually.” 11 likes