よつばと! 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)

よつばと! 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  910 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Say cheese! Say cheeeese! Yotsuba's got a shiny new camera! But this new camera is too cool for just Daddy's silly poses. What else should Yotsuba take? Maybe the nice man at the restaurant who makes udon, or Shaggy Beard at the bike shop. But definitely not that dog down the street. He's a little scary and . . . Oh no! Watch out, Juralumin!!!! WAHHHH!
Published by Dengeki Comics (first published November 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about よつばと! 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about よつばと! 11

Estara
Sep 15, 2012 Estara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Shelves: manga, read-in-2012
Elaine Lin
Another chapter of Yotsuba! YAY! Yotsuba is older now and she gets more mature but she's still a child at heart. I love her and i can relate to her because no matter how old I get, I know I'll still have this childish side to me that gets me going. Society is very corrupt now and this book helps me get back to the pure, innocent times where childhood is all about learning, discovering and experimenting. This book is great for anyone and for me it's just an addiction :)
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
Man, I love this series. Any time I'm feeling down, or have just plain read too many serious, dramatic books, the hilarious adventures of this little green haired girl never fails to brighten my day!
Meleofa
So funny. Love Yotsuba. so cute.
MissAnnThrope
31 May 2013

Ah, Yotsuba&!, Vol. 11 is so bittersweet for a couple of reasons. Usually, Yotsuba has me crying from laughing so much, but for the first time in the series I nearly shed tears of sadness. The majority of this volume will make you laugh, but be prepared to feel like you've been socked in the gut towards the end. Also, I've now caught up with all of the volumes in the series and will have to wait almost half a year for the next volume's release. *shudders* AL.READ.Y. HAV.ING. WITH....more
Anna Lee
This book is about the everyday life story of ordinary Japanese family. The main character is a 7 years old girl called Yotsuba and she lives with her dad in country side. I like this series a lot because the little girl and her story are so cute and sometimes teach me good lessons. In this book, Yotsuba's doll was broken. So, Asagi, 20 years old girl who lives next to Yotsuba's house, told her that she will fix the doll. Yotsuba thinks that his teddy bear is now dead because the sound is not co...more
Swety Retna
Yotsuba gets upset for the first time! Duralumin got bitten by a dog, soaked up in water and then it can't talk anymore! because of that, Yotsuba feels like her world has come to an end! how cute (rude) :D even Daddy confused how to cheer Yotsuba up, and Yanda tried hard to make Yotsuba smiled or started a fight with him but they all failed! Yotsuba kept silent and drown in her sad life without Duralumin while Asagi tried to fix Duralumin up :D I think it just need a new battery anyway..
after o...more
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Hard to pick one favorite chapter between all of them. Should it be the one with the pizza (Yotsuba tasting pizza for the first time) or with the bubbles (Jumbo, Yanda, Yotsuba and her dad going to the park to play with the bubbles) or with the camera (Yotsuba getting her first camera, and taking pictures here and there) or the last one, with Duralumin, the Teddy Bear?

I have to confessed I cried a little bit (well, my eyes were watery anyway) in the last chapter. Duralumin was 'attacked' by a do...more
Emilia P
Yotsuba watches udon get made. She eats too much pizza and barfs. She blows bubbles and picks chesnuts and gets her own camera. Her teddy bear gets broken and she gets SO SAD. I know the feeling kid. But it turns out okay. There's a lot of good silent panels in this one, especially with food in them. Oh, I wish I were eating Japanese food right now. And all the time.
Garylikesmanga
Yotsuba never seems to disappoint. I'm not much of a laugher, but this volume had me laughing out loud at several moments... in public. Sometimes all it takes is something as simple as Yotsuba's reaction to something. Truly an enjoyable series, and another excellent volume. It didn't have much in the way of stories that needed explanation of past volumes. Outside of a reference to Danbo, and no introductions to the existing characters, this would be a fine volume to pick up, even for people new...more
Nada
Yotsuba & her teddy bear .... ah how she was all depressed ... I'm so going to be sad reading what chapters left
Ryandake
whenever one finds oneself in a gloomy cast of mind, one should always turn to Yotsuba!.

Yotsuba is up to her usual waaaaaaaay-over-the-top adventures in this latest installment. if you snooze or eyeroll at Yotsuba's first encounter with pizza or her actually being down over the near-fatality of her stuffed bear, you are one coldhearted son of a bitch, that's all i can say.

but mostly Yotsuba! is just a pure jolt of pleasure. highly recommended for bad moods or bummer days, and for the sunnier one...more
To paraphrase Sir Walter Scott: "Breathes there a man / With soul so dead / Who does not think Yotsuba is the most adorable thing ever published?"

Volume 11 is beautiful from beginning to end. One of the storylines involves Yotsuba's beloved teddy bear losing her voice, and Yotsuba's despair and depression over her Juralumin are written so honestly and respectfully that you can't help but laugh and cry at the same time as the adults in her life try to break through the complete gloom that can env...more
Annette
Annisa M Zahro
Komik kedua yang saya beli. Ini pun dibeli karena pemilik sebelumnya ternyata udah punya.

***

As usual, cengar-cengir sendiri baca tingkah bocah lucu ini. Apalagi ditambah orang-orang sekelilingnya yang sama ekspresifnya dengan Yotsuba. Misalnya -kalau di edisi ini, cerita tentang Yotsuba & Pizza, saat pizza datang, ayah Yotsuba bertingkah seperti anak kecil. Ini membuat saya berpikir, like father like daughter.. :D

Sejenak memperhatikan wajah Yotsuba, kalo dicubit enak kali ya~

Hehehehe.. :p
Ahhh..Yotsuba :D She really is so silly at times yet so very cute otherwise..haha The last chapter about her bear, awe, it made my heart melt. The drawing was done so well that you really could feel all the emotions.
The first story about Yotsuba and Udon was quite amusing story as well. Her peeking up into the Udon story was rather amusing and I could visualise this happening in real life somehow :p

Overal, if you've been following the Yotsuba series then this is well worth the read!
GungGung Agung
Hahaha... Selalu ada potongan gambar yg berhasil merangsang tawa atas tingkah polah gadis berambut hijau yang satu ini!

Mulai dari menikmati proses pembuatan udon, menanti datangnya pesanan pizza, bermain-main dg busa sabun dan kamera, juga memungut kastanye.

Juralmin harus dioperasi setelah digigit anjing! Yotsuba benar-benar kehilangan semangat. Untungnya Juralmin berhasil diselamatkan dan Yotsuba pun kembali riang seperti sedia kala.
Karen
Eleven volumes and Azuma has yet to disappoint. For what it's worth, Yen press does an excellent job in translating; my only qualm is that it takes a year for a new volume to come out. Of course, that isn't really Yen's fault, it's Azuma's - he works slowly and it takes time to compile his work into volumes that can be translated. This series makes an excellent gift to self-ascribed manga haters or parents with young children.
Beth Chandler
Still a fun series. The cute pictures of Yotsuba and her teddy bear at the end of each section aren't as much fun as the old varied ones, IMHO, but the stories in this volume were more enjoyable than in the last couple of volumes. Yotsuba vs. Yanda never gets tired for me, nor Yotsuba's relationship with her dad or her next-door neighbors. And Jumbo is always a delight.
Sara
O noes I've finished the series! Well, until #12 comes out in the US. The whole Yotsuba series has made riding the bus on the excessive number of rainy days this spring a lot more pleasant. Also, fun fact: I sorted all my Goodreads books by highest average rating and aside from one collection of Peanuts comics, various Yotsuba volumes occupied the top 10 spots :)
Niken Alifya
Akhirnyaa terbit juga :D kebetulan banget pas tadi ke Rumah Buku ehh liat Yotsuba vol 11, langsung beli deh :D

Seperti komik sebelum-sebelumnya, Yotsuba, si anak cewek 5 taun melakukan berbagai hal :D
Aku paling suka bab Yotsuba & Busa Sabun. Lucu liat si Yanda sama Yotsuba =))

As always, I give this manga five deluxe stars ;)
Brittany
This one is more 3.75 actually. It was a little better than vol. 10, but still not great. Although I didn't like the part at the end where that guy yelled at Yotsuba for taking his picture. I mean come on she's a child. I mean sure it is rude to take a picture without asking, but she's five years old, I mean come on.
Sophia F
I know she's cute and all, but Yotsuba may just be a LITTLE too young to own a camera... But she takes really great pictures!! ('Wink wink').
Shaggy beard, and the guy who makes Udon, and that poor scary guy who Yotsuba thought was one of those festival people, (forgot the name). That make me totally laugh out loud!!
Jacky
I love this series and I won't stop reading it! It's easy to understand and there is no general plot in the chapters. It's just a cute little girl having fun with friends and family. And I recommend people who likes comic books, manga or humor type. Have fun reading the book and the series!
sana
yotsuba is a creative young,funny,japanese girl she plays with her neighbors and friends.She finds her way to everyplace.she was foud in the sea so she was a orphan before what weirds me out is that she has green hair.i recommend people who love manga books to read this cute funny book

-sanu
Tirta (I Prefer Reading)
I always love comics/manga with a nice, detail, and neat graphics such as this series or Emma by Kaoru Mori. Yotsuba is fun :D It feels nice viewing life from a different point of view, in this case, a kid's point of view

Fave part in this volume: Yotsuba & soap bubbles <3
Mark Schlatter
A bit of a change of pace for the series --- I found less to laugh out loud about, but found the latter stories (where Yotsuba's teddy bear is mouthed by a neighborhood dog and then needs "surgemy") to be fairly moving. As the father states, it's rare to see Yotsuba depressed.
Maggie
this book definitely bring out the youthful side to a individual through the protagonist Yotsuba. She mange to live her life simply yet in the complex world full of adults. She will soon learn to mature and grow through her experiences.
Shaun
Someone I follow in the internet once called Yotsuba as "A beam of sunshine directly into the soul." Juralimin the teddy bear and Yotsuba's new camera feature in this volume. That should be enough to give you an idea what's in store. ;)
  • A Bride's Story 04
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • Kimi ni Todoke, Volume 17
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 11
  • 20th Century Boys, 19 (20th Century Boys, #19)
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1) Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)