Start by marking “Warm Hearts (Heat Wave & A Special Something)” as Want to Read:
Warm Hearts (Heat Wave & A Special Something)

Warm Hearts (Heat Wave & A Special Something)

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Heat Wave
It’s a steamy summer night in Georgetown, and Caroline Cooper is feeling the heat—in more ways than one. Her job, her family, her love life: everything’s reached a boiling point and Caroline needs to cool off. But when she opens her apartment window for air, she finds herself staring at one very hot neighbor on the fire escape across the courtyard. He’s tall, dark
Published September 25th 2012 by St. Martin's Paperback's

To ask other readers questions about Warm Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warm Hearts

Romancing the Book
Reviewer: Crystal
Source: Publisher
Crystal's review was first posted at Romancing the Book's blog.

I choose to read Warm Hearts by Barbara Delinsky because I've loved her work for years. Warm Hearts contains two re-releases of older works.

I had originally read the first story HEAT WAVE several years ago. I enjoyed reading Caroline & Brendon's story again. Granted there are a few things that are missing for this day and age. The one major thing I think you notice is the absence of cell phones.
Beverly
so glad Barbara Delinsky learned how to write after she wrote these two stories.
Julie A Sochacki
Barbara Delinsky is one of my favorites, and these 2 stories do not disappoint.
Jasmin
I just love Barbara Delinsky's writing.
Sandy
I always love Barbara Delinsky books, I like the way she brings you into the story and you really get to know the characters like they were friends or family. This book was good a story line that was intriguing and mysterious somewhat. Also a love story...
Jessie
This book is misleading. It was published in 2012 but the (two) stories were written in the 80's. The problem is that they were 1980's situations, completely outdated. I bet this book would have stroke a cord with 1980's women as they were struggling to find their place in the workforce and were seeking romance romances that weren't bodice rippers, yet still wanted their heroes to just "save" the women.
A set of 2 stories that are easy summer reads. They hold no great suspense and follow a similar pattern but they would make great poolside/beachside accompaniments. This was my first Delinsky book and while I liked it, I don't know that her work is something I will seek out. That said, if another book of hers falls into my lap as this one did, I will most certainly read it.
Kayla
Somewhere in the book the perfection is too much of that the male protagonist was described. The book is a bit daydreamish. Somehow I enjoyed reading it, especially when someone is in search of such kind of romance to nurture a heart and soul. Enjoyed it just like eating my favorite sweet chewy junior.
Rin
run-of-the-mill romance stories are never my cup of coffee. I'm sure this book will be enjoyable for other people. It just doesnt work for me, that's all!
Michel Boucher
I didn't finish reading this book, because it's one of those cheesy boring unrealistic romance story that only provides fantasies for women.
Karen Benson
Disappointing.

This is actually two shorter stories, the first of which I forced myself to finish. The second I won't waste my time on.
Starlak
Two separate short stories - both were lacking a real story or any depth what so ever. Girl meets boy... they sleep together... the end.
Kelly Smith
Kinda steamy and daydreamish. Not a probable situation but nice to think about...quick read.
Raden
An enjoyable read. A nice book to read while having tea at home with the music on.
Katie(babs)
First story was very nice, the second one was dull and blah. Read for the first one.
Lisa Eichholz
Really could not get into this book. :-( Hard to get thru it.
Leslie
Very simple, old-fashioned love story.
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Jean Allan
Jean Allan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Phyllis Wright
Phyllis Wright marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Tracey Maltz
Tracey Maltz marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Nicole Unger
Nicole Unger marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Sheryal Birdsall
Sheryal Birdsall marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
  • A Day Away: One Summer / Temptation
  • The Wedding Band (Save the Date, #3)
  • You Take It From Here
  • Aloha Texas (Aloha, #1)
  • Cold Justice
  • The Shadow Queen: A Novel of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor
  • Heartbreak Cove (Sanctuary Island, #3)
  • The Lynching of Louie Sam
  • Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
  • Fool for Love
  • Another Year
  • Dead Low Tide
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Cafe (Gingerbread Cafe, #3)
  • The Opposite of Everyone
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...
Not My Daughter While My Sister Sleeps The Secret Between Us Coast Road Family Tree