Start by marking “The Demon's Door Bolt: A Tale of End-Time Panic as a Prelude to the Total Absence of Everything” as Want to Read:

Read Book

The year is AD 499. Hell's Gates are open, and Daemon prepares for Armageddon. World leaders believe the breached Door Bolt is but a rumor, and only Prester John and his Grail Warriors are left to fight the Prince of Darkness. But there's a slight problem. Prester John panics and resurrects five handicapped warriors. The sixth warrior is chained to the Rock of Prometheus, ...more
Published October 10th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Demon's Door Bolt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demon's Door Bolt

Bryn Hammond
Feb 04, 2012 Bryn Hammond rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steppe-fiction
I'm a steppe freak and I'll try any sort of novel set on the steppe or connected therewith. So I tried this. I almost didn't, because from the description I thought it might be just a farce, just a crazy plot. Turns out to be not 'just' of anything. It's science fiction on the fifth century steppe; it's a steppe fantasia, with every legend of the steppe that ever was (and that includes the Grail, which has steppe origins). It bursts out of genres.

It tends to remind me of Xena: Warrior Princess.
Julie Bozza
Feb 22, 2012 Julie Bozza rated it really liked it
John Clark
Jun 12, 2012 John Clark rated it really liked it
A.J. Campbell's The Demon's Door Bolt is a thinking person's fantasy with a wry sense of humor. Combining a mix of mythological and real, but long dead historical figures with a those he created from his own imagination, Campbell turns them loose in an epic effort to get the Demon back to Hell without destroying everything in the process.
What makes this book work, and work well it does, are the unexpected conversations,like the one mixing myth and history with the likes of atomic particle theory
Shayla Drumm
Jul 05, 2012 Shayla Drumm rated it it was ok
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I was intrigued by the story line, but as I read it, the characters were very confusing as was the plot. I don't normally read a lot of fantasy so for those of you who like fantasy/science fiction you may find this an enjoyable read.
Amy
Nov 07, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway.

I tried to read this book over the summer and just could not get into it.
Michelle Coats
Michelle Coats marked it as to-read
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna added it
Feb 09, 2012
Jessa Dawn
Jessa Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2012
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012
Boy is the android
Boy is the android marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Bill
Bill added it
Feb 16, 2012
Kristal
Kristal marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
SaJe Goodson
SaJe Goodson marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2012
Jeffrey Poole
Jeffrey Poole marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2012
Jordan Frankel
Jordan Frankel marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2012
Lillian Hong
Lillian Hong marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2012
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
JoAnn Adams
JoAnn Adams marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2012
Alia
Alia marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2012
Levina Goon
Levina Goon marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
jgyweniverel
jgyweniverel marked it as to-read
Jennifer Lee
Jennifer Lee marked it as to-read
Butterflyshines
Butterflyshines marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Q&A with A.J. Cam...: Welcome to AJ's Cracked World 17 8 Mar 29, 2012 06:14AM
I was born in Ant Arctica, but I wasn't crazy about ants and had my birth records removed to Exeter, New Hampshire, in the US of A.

I began writing internationally in 1978, wrote a slew of mag articles, and two non-fiction books. Then, I "burned out" and switched to fiction, which is far more interesting.

If you didn't know, I have sense of humor.

I like women, and they become my best characters. I a
More about A.J. Campbell...