Start by marking “Midnight Oil (Witches of Galdorheim, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Oil (Witches of Galdorheim, #2)

Midnight Oil (Witches of Galdorheim #2)

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  14 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Kat is a nervous wreck waiting for her boyfriend's first visit to her Arctic island home. He doesn't show up, so she's sure he’s given her the brushoff.
When she learns he’s disappeared, she sets out on a mission to find him. Things go wrong from the start. Kat is thrown overboard during a violent storm, while her brother and his girlfriend are captured by a mutant island t
ebook
Published January 13th 2012 by MuseItUp Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Oil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Oil

TheFountainPenDiva
Of all the crazy things to happen to The Fountain Pen Diva. I met this author on Google+, responding to an entirely different conversation (about a sci-fi series). Yes, I cyber-squeed like a total fangirl because authors are my rock stars. Especially authors who write adventurous heroines who are sometimes misfits. Well, to make a long story short, said rockstar author sent me the sequel to Bad Spelling, which I just finished.

Midnight Oil was a fun, quick read with an engaging cast of characters
Beverly McClure
Aug 25, 2012 Beverly McClure rated it it was amazing
The adventures of Kat, a Wiccan, and her half-brother Rune, part vampire, that I met in BAD SPELLING continue in Author Marva Dasef’s second installment of the Witches of Galdorheim Series, MIDNIGHT OIL. As much as I enjoyed the first book, this one was even more exciting.

Kat and her grandfather plan to take her father Boris’ body home for a memorial service and burial. (If you’ll remember from the first book, he’s in a frozen state.) Sounds simple enough, but one thing after another happens on
Lorinda Taylor
Dec 01, 2013 Lorinda Taylor rated it really liked it
Midnight Oil is the second volume of the author’s series The Witches of Galdorheim, which relates the adventures of a teenage witch named Katrina, or Kat, and her half-brother Rune who live on a magically transformed island in the Barents Sea, north of Russia and Scandinavia. This region is unfamiliar enough to most of us to give it the aura of a constructed world.
The Midnight Oil of the title is a magical fluid held by an evil elemental spirit. It has healing properties that can only be activat
L.K. Below
Jan 13, 2012 L.K. Below rated it liked it
When I read the first book in The Witches of Galdorheim series, Bad Spelling, it blew me away. The writing was vivid and humorous, the story engrossing. It was the kind of book I couldn't put down, and one that stuck with me long after.

Perhaps it was holding the second book to such a high standard that led me to being just a little disappointed.

The story started out a bit slower than the last. But by the time Kat left Galdorheim, bent on rescuing her boyfriend Andy, the story picked up. Here was
Sue
Jan 28, 2012 Sue rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle Grade and Young Adults
Recommended to Sue by: No one, I read the first book
Ms Dasef has done it again. This second book in the Witches of Galdorheim Series carries on the story of Kat and Rune, a young witch and even younger witch/vampire. I love the way the author brings in legendary monsters and her own invented creatures making me believe they are all unseen inhabitants of this world. Once again Kat and Rune fight for their friends and family. Kat must find and save her boyfriend while Rune's journey takes him to strange lands in search of the Midnight Oil. Once aga ...more
Renee Duke
Nov 05, 2013 Renee Duke rated it liked it
Midnight Oil is Book Two in the Witches of Galdorheim series. In Book One, the mundane (non-magical) father of the witch heroine, Kat, was frozen in ice on the arctic island of Galdorheim and in Book Two, his father comes to take him home to be thawed out. Kat accompanies him, as does her half-brother Rune and his girlfriend. Andy, the human-troll changeling to whom Kat became attracted in Book One should have been a member of the party as well, but he’s been abducted by an evil elemental who wa ...more
LaSibila
Kat, que ya puede realizar magia, espera a Andy despues de 6 meses de separacion. Pero Andy no llega. Mientras empiezan el viaje para encontrarlo, una fuerza poderosa los separa y ... tenemos DOS aventuras al precio de una. Me encanta cómo se forman nuevas parejas y cómo dos seres inmortales se enfrentan. PD: El padre de Kat finalmente es liberado de su prision de hielo... pero, intencionalmente, no nos dicen ¡Por que estaba cavando una cueva en el hielo!!!
Connie
Apr 22, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family complications, relationship trouble, and adventure; all told with a good dose of humor in this fun young adult novel.
Marva
Apr 11, 2014 Marva rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myshelf
Re-issued ebook.
Edith Parzefall
Mar 27, 2012 Edith Parzefall rated it it was amazing
After enjoying Bad Spelling so much, I had to get Midnight Oil and wasn't disappointed. A great continuation filled with tension, conflict, fun and humor. While we meet old acquaintances, this adventure provides unexpected twists. An entertaining, charming and touching read. While the end is satisfying, it left me hoping for a third book in the series.
Marva
Dec 16, 2012 Marva rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Author note: Bad Spelling is book 1 of the series.
Marva
Jan 08, 2012 Marva rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: myshelf
New release this month!
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 25, 2016
Carola Isadora
Carola Isadora marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Amy Kane
Amy Kane marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Tchipakkan
Tchipakkan marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Katrina Stuart
Katrina Stuart marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Dennis
Dennis rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Lovely Primrose
Lovely Primrose marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
N I
N I marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Winged_One
Winged_One marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Jenifer Mohammed
Jenifer Mohammed marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Spider the Doof Warrior
Spider the Doof Warrior marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Lots of interesting and economical books in scifi, fantasy, etc. for sale. Hell, I give 'em away. Just ask."

My books are now heading to audio format. As of January 2014, two audio books are out in the world. I have three more lined up with my producer--the three-book series, Witches of Galdorheim.

I spent 35 years making a lot of money from writing. Probably more than most authors earn in their lif
More about Marva Dasef...

Witches of Galdorheim (3 books)
  • Bad Spelling (Witches of Galdorheim, #1)
  • Scotch Broom (Witches of Galdorheim, #3)