Start by marking “Shaky Kane's Monster Truck” as Want to Read:
Shaky Kane's Monster Truck

Shaky Kane's Monster Truck

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Get your motor rolling and head out along comic book Route 666! Taking it''s stylistic cues from the silver age of comics, this deluxe, recolored, remastered second printing of Wishbone Studio''s cult classic graphic road movie by comics legend Shaky Kane pans out over 50 continuous panels, taking the reader on a hallucinogenic journey into the very hinterland of popular c...more
Published January 10th 2012 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Shaky Kane's Monster Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shaky Kane's Monster Truck

Keith
Someone who didn't feel like this book was crazy enough put it into an online autoscroll format with creepy circus techno music. I have no idea if this makes the book better, but I do believe reading it any other way might not feel so acutely like you're going insane while reading it, and would thus be an inferior experience.
Roxanne
Very quick read, about 50 short pages of one and two line text to go with the comic artwork. The version I read was an original, Wishbone studios copy signed by Shaky Kane himself. The story is part sci-fi, part acid trip. Filled with monsters, zombies, and plenty of giant eyeballs. My favorite part: the transformation of the protagonist's vehicle into a "monster truck". Visually thrilling.
Artur Coelho
Carros, monstros, aviões, mulheres sexy, e cor, muita cor. Cor gritante que agride os olhos num álbum absurdista, caderno de desenhos fetishista que seduz pelo puro gozo espalhado pelas páginas. Uma colisão entre o lápis e a cultura pop, despejada em quadricromia nas páginas de um livro.
Kate
Jul 11, 2012 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Strange, weird, and wonderful. Monster trucks, zombies, giant insects, robots, movie monsters, huge eyeballs, UFOs, desert landscapes and extremely bright colors! I loved these illustrations and the stream of consciousness trip through this terrible world. Not for everyone, for sure.
Jim
Not a ton of substance, but really fun. A panoramic view of total absurdity by the artist who brought you The Bulletproof Coffin (one of the best series I've read in a while). Definitely worth checking out.
Damon
Not much actual reading to do here, but this is a hell of a cool book to thumb through. I'd love to see it all end-to-end. Shaky's a man to watch out for.
Jamil
may have worked better as a fold-out.
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
David
David added it
Aug 30, 2012
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Melon109
Melon109 marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
The Bulletproof Coffin: Disinterred Elephantmen Volume 5: Devilish Functions Elephantmen Volume 6: Earthly Desires Hc