Start by marking “Fire and Ice (Five Worlds Series)” as Want to Read:
Fire and Ice (Five Worlds Series)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Fire and Ice (The Five Worlds #1)

On planet Majien of the Five Worlds, Sarica inherited the debts of her father, which she can’t repay. The law demands her indentured servitude.
Fate taunts her to find the lost City of Almona, the adventure that claimed her father's life. She becomes the property of a judge, a man she fears. And desires. How can she attain freedom to answer Fate’s call?
Rosche burns for Sari
ebook
Published December 13th 2011 (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ice

Alexa

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

I have only read a couple of books from a handful of adult series, so I'm not sure how the world, the story, and the characters in Fire and Ice would compare to the many books out there. But comparing it to the ones I've already read, Fire and Ice is definitely up there! It was an enjoyable read for me, and I think readers who like fantasy with plenty of steamy romance should give it a shot.

Before I started reading Fire and Ice, I was unsure how
Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)
Do you ever read a book in 24 hours, give up on sleep and don't care that you are sooooo grumpy because you have to FINISH THIS BOOK!!! Well, that is what Fire and Ice was for me. Yes, I finished it in 24 hours. Yes, I gave up on sleep, staying up 24 hours just to finish it. Do I want to re-read it later? HECK YEAH! Do I want to read more about the Five Worlds? Definitely. So let me tell you why.

Rosche is a strong, hurting man who is struggling with his gift, but thinks the only way to work thr
Flora Smith
Oct 01, 2011 Flora Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, erotica
This was certainly a steamy paranormal erotica, not recommended for anyone under 18. Sarica has the ability of cold and Rosche has the gift of heat and as their gifts battle so does their relationship. This is a book full of not only erotic action but a story set in other worlds as two people learn to give and take in love. Rosche, a nobleman, has to learn that love can't be demanded and Sarica has to come to understand that you don't choose who you fall in love with. A wonderful story with char ...more
Kiki
Aug 04, 2011 Kiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corinne Yee
Overview: It was an enjoyable, entertaining read. I like the world, the characters, and the story. However, the poor copy editing was really distracting to me.

The plot of “Fire and Ice” was interesting as were the characters. It is set in the alien world of Majien, one of five worlds inhabited by a variety of bipedal species, including humans, which have in some instances interbred. I give the author high marks for creativity in the world she takes her reader to, though I wish she would have des
Michelle
Jan 15, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I'll try not to include any spoilers.

As I read the story Rosche and Sarica there were many times when I grew frustrated with the characters talking in their heads. I also grew impatient w/Sarica's treatment of Rosche. She seemed a bit wishy-washy when it came to how she talked to him, treated him and her constant need to express why she didn't want to like him.

And there were times when I felt overwhelmed by the attention to details
Angarad
Interesting read mixing different styles.
The story takes place in te future but judging frim their technology you can t really say they are very developped.
I enjoyed the various races Human, Din, Drakond.... It made interactions between the characters miee complicated.
Finally, ai can say that I enjoy following the telationship between Sarica and Rosche. It evolved so much from their encounter to the end, it was worrh following and very hot. However, I was not addicted to this book and I am not
Chelsea
Nov 04, 2012 Chelsea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this as a Goodreads giveaway, and it took me awhile to read it. I am so glad I decided to pick it up. I love a good fantasy book, and this did not disappoint. The characters and setting are complex, but it is laid out well. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this book was, and I am looking into buying another book from this series!
Carrie Olguin
Jul 22, 2011 Carrie Olguin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A with touches of paranormal, fantasy, futuristic, erotic, historical and comedy, take a trip to the Five Worlds for the entertaining struggles of Rosche and Sarica as they learn the meaning of true love.

Amanda
Mar 05, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!!!! Totally not what I expected from this book. Cannot wait to read others in the series.
Raydia
Raydia marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Yesenia
Yesenia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Freya Tewnion
Freya Tewnion marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Teya
Teya marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Meghan Anderson
Meghan Anderson rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Ankita
Ankita marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Timmydiran
Timmydiran marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
GJ
GJ added it
Nov 28, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Neva
Neva marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Katty
Katty marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Samantha Krause
Samantha Krause marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Alisha Polley
Alisha Polley rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Q&A with Carrie O...: Reasons Why Rosche Loves Sarica 2 3 Sep 24, 2011 06:44PM
  • The Slipstream Con (Ylendrian Empire, #2)
  • Frozen Heart
  • Centauri Dawn (Centauri, #1)
  • The Iron Maiden (Dragonslayer, #2)
  • Queen of Swords (Sanctify, #1)
  • Blackwood Crossing (British Agent, #2)
  • The Goblin Between Her Thighs (The Marechal Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Too Late for Regrets
  • Bound To Moonlight (Sisters of the Moon, #2)
  • The Tears of Elios (Elgean Chronicles, #1)
  • Enduring Love
  • Selling Mars (Veetu Industries, #2)
  • Lazarus
  • Tears
  • The Vengeful Dead (Jackie Rutledge #2)
  • The Worker Prince (Saga of Davi Rhii, #1)
  • Hunter and Fox (Shifted World, #1)
  • Metamorphosis (The Immortal Archives, #2)

The Five Worlds (3 books)
  • Dreamsayer (The Five Worlds, #2)
  • Soul Swap - Promises (Five Worlds, #3)