What Dreams May Come

What Dreams May Come

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,718 ratings  ·  35 reviews
In this exquisite trio of stories, three beloved authors of fantastic romance make the most impossible of dreams come true...

Nightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Betrayed by love, Taryn doesn't believe in heroes--until a bare-chested hero literally steps out of her paperback romance and into her heart. Is her mind playing beautiful tricks? Or has her fantasy become a reality?...more
Published July 5th 2006 by Berkley (first published July 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about What Dreams May Come, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Dreams May Come

Shana
I will never get enough of Sherrilyn Kenyon she will always be at the top of the list where authors are concerned for me. In this short I like how she incorporates writing as an author. I thought the story was going to be predictable but it wasn't.

She is the only one to make me believe that a gorgeous handsome man with the most perfect esthetic's be interested in the regular girl next door type or even the plump girl type. I love the tormented hero that is every bit vulnerable to the outcome of...more
Kristin L.
I came across this book at a library book sale, and picked it up specifically for the short story by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I really enjoyed this set of three short stories! I love SK's story, Knightly Dreams, and thought it was a different take on a time traveling story. I love the idea of heroes and heroines come to life from the pages of a book! And that we can indeed write our own life stories. I was not overly impressed with the second story, Shattered Dreams by Rebecca York. I like the idea of...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
ANH!

Not so hot.

Sherrilyn Kenyon~ This was the same story I've reasd in other anthologies where the knight travels through time to awaken in bed with a woman in presen time after she had gone to a book store, met an old woman & read a romance book. He has 7 days to get her to love him.

Rebecca York~ Psychic man has vision of an old flame getting int a wreck. She ends up in a coma & he connects with her in her coma world to save her from someone trying to kill her.

Robin D. Owen~ A new aut...more
Netanella
"Knightly Dreams" by Sherrilyn Kenyon
This was my second favorite of the three, chosen for the laugh-out-loud factor, plus extra bonus points for the writer's fantasy of allowing the character to write her own ending.

"Shattered Dreams" by Rebecca York
The dreamscapes in this novella, about the son of a Gypsy fortuneteller who enters the dreams of his comatose love, were beautiful and surreal and everything you want to remember when you wake up from your own dreams. A true gem of a story.

"Road of...more
Mary
3 short stories in 1 book. 1st story was good and would have liked seen the story develop much more. 2nd story was just ok and the 3rd didn't really do much for me. The draw was the 1st story the others were not very well developed and felt somewhat teenish in the way the love interest developed vs. more adult. It was a struggle for me to get through the last story. I do like Kenyon's books so that was the draw.
Izzy
I'm really surprised, and not in a good way.

Of course, I bought this book because of Sherrilyn Kenyon and it being an anthology of magical romances.
Kenyon's story is, unfortunately, not her best. It's not bad but there's something missing. Normally, that wouldn't bother me because with this being an anthology, there are other stories for me to read. But it turned out that I couldn't stand them.

MK (Food actvist)
Jun 30, 2008 MK (Food actvist) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of PNR
Knightly Dreams S.Kenyon 3of 5
Shattered Dreams R. York 5 of 5
Road of Adventure 1 of 5

I got this book based on the fact I like S. Kenyon and R. York. I had already read Shattered Dreams (it is a 43 Light St story) and I liked S. Kenyon's story. I could not get into Owens story. I will however consider her in another anthology. I won't, just yet, look for her titles single.
Anne
May 08, 2012 Anne rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This is actually a book of 3 short stories. The first is Knightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I would swear I have read it before so I am putting it in here so I won't "forget" that I read it. It is a good story, a quick read, kind of a fun concept mixing current and historical.
Sandy
I read the first story - Knightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I really liked it. It was funny and sweet and you really wanted the characters to be together. I don't have anything negative to say about any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books. I loved each one I have read so far.
Deborah Gillespie
These are three of my favorite authors. I enjoyed all three stories. If you haven't read all three of these authors other books you are missing out. Just finished rereading Robin Owens HeartMate series as well as her newest HeartMate book.
Daelith
Did care for this much at all. Would give it 1.5 stars if could give half stars. For me the best story was the last one, Road of Adventure by Robin D.Owens. Least favorite - Nightly Dreams by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
Marina
Liked all the short stories. I gave them all 4 stars. This was my 1st work by Robin D. Owens.Very promising stuff.

If you like to buy this book you can swap it from me cheap on booksfreeswap.com.Check it out!
Jane
The Kenyon story is not bad, but not one of her best. The other two are good reads but certainly not brilliant. Worth reading if you can lay your hands on a copy but I wouldn't go out and buy it.
Melissa Boyer
I really enjoyed the first story as it was written by one of my favorite authors. I also liked the second story. The third one, however, I did not like the way it ended so abruptly.
As usually this one is really good but even for an anthology it's short. I read it in a single night. Not really worth $8 to buy it new but if you find it used it's a great read!
Ashley
Oh I really liked this one! I especially enjoyed Sherrilyn Kenyon's short story of this book. It's the right one for escapism was great characters and a unique storyline! :]
Srisurang
เรื่องแรกกับเรื่องที่สอง ของ Sherrilyn Kenyon และ Rebecca York โอเคค่ะ อ่านเพลินๆ ดี แต่เรื่องที่สามอ่านไปนิดนึงแล้วไม่ค่อยดึงดูดใจเลยขี้เกียจอ่านจนจบล่ะ
Tishke
3 novella in one book. Sherrilyn Kenyon's Knightly Dreams, Robin D. Owens' Road of Adventure, and Rebecca York's Shattered Dreams.

They were just ok.
Hello
This book sucks!! I love Sherrilyn Kenyon but this book was just bad and boring. I would only get this book if you needed liner for a bird cage.
Ashley Howd
Loved Sherri's short "Knightly Dreams". It messed with one of my favorite literature ideas: what if I'm just a book character?
Kathy Davie
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Knightly Dreams
Robin D. Owens' Road of Adventure
Rebecca York's Shattered Dreams
Beth
I LOVED Kenyon's story about the writer who meets a knight. As a writer myself, the story was very appealing and fun.
Jennifer Farr

I enjoyed the first 2 stories. The third story I didn't like as much.
Amber
I enjoyed these stories. They were nice little quick reads with a paranormal spin.
Roxanne Kazda
I really enjoyed this, and the film with Robbin Williams is a visual wonder!
Elaine Mcdonald
Not a great read. It was ok and I finished it. I expected better from Kenyon.
Nancy
Book #126 for the 2010 52 Books in 52 Week Ravelry Challenge.
Mary
Tried 'em all, nothing worth reading here. Will give up anthologies
Diann
Jan 30, 2009 Diann added it
cute little fluffy magically love stories...awwwwwww
Kelli
I like anthologies...this one wasn't my favorite.
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Darkness Within (Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • A Very Gothic Christmas (Christmas, #1)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Unleashed
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • Heart Fate (Celta's Heartmates, #7)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and...more
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)