Start by marking “Patch Scratching” as Want to Read:
Patch Scratching

Thomas Block

Patch Scratching

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
An inspirational coming of age story about a boy (Jed) who was abandoned by his mother at the age of five. During his final year of high school, just as he is becoming comfortable and confident within his world, life and the past come back to challenge him yet again.
288 pages
Published 2011 by Steven D. Powell

To ask other readers questions about Patch Scratching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patch Scratching

Thomas III
May 05, 2013 Thomas III rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author’s descriptive language instantly brings the reader to the coast of Maine where we can smell the salt water and the bakery. The story intertwines a coming-of-age reflection for the main character with a global audience that will be able to resonate with everyone getting to know what happens in a small town pushing for the underdog—where everyone knows your every move. This non-traditional family story has found ways to not just get by, but make it work. I was constantly rooting for the ...more
Judy Crudele
I met the author in Lowes in Maine who told me he had written a book and I could download it for free. Since I love books written by Maine authors about Maine, I downloaded and read it. This coming of age book was fairly well written although I think the author did use "patch" and "scratch" a little too much. That being said, I would read another book by this author.
Jan
May 14, 2012 Jan added it
Perfect effort to capture the Maine coast, local characters and dialogue and absolutely authentic characters. I particularly liked the allegorical references, repeated return to the themes of patching and scratches.
Ember
Ember rated it really liked it
May 03, 2012
Heidi S.
Heidi S. rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2013
Heather Cicio
Heather Cicio marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Neily
Neily marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016