Start by marking “Blood Divided (Soul Born Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Divided (Soul Born Saga, #2)

Blood Divided (Soul Born Saga #2)

There exists an ancient elven proverb, dating before the time of man. Life and death, like day and night, meet at a point where they blend into one. It is that brief moment when anything is possible.

There was a time when four sparks of life burned brighter than the sun itself. Megan was born with power, Lucien born with station. Autumn was born full of life, while Nathan w
Published December 30th 2011 by Dark Quest, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blood Divided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Divided

Aaron
Jan 08, 2012 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kevin Breaux’s first book in this series, Soul Born, had such a unique twist that I couldn’t wait to see what was in store for book two. Blood Divided did not disappoint. In Soul Born, we were introduced to the battle hero, Karn, the evil sorceress, Opal, and the beautiful elf, Tala. From this love triangle came, Megan and Nathan, Karn’s children with Opal, and Autumn and Lucien, Karn’s children with Tala. This is their story.
Breaux’s characters are more fleshed out in this sequel. He gives mul
Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)
I first heard about this book while browsing Goodreads, and saw that there was a giveaway listed for it. I immediately entered, and to my surprise I won! The cover is gorgeous and it is what initially caught my attention. Blood Divided is the second book in the Soul Born Saga, set 20 years after the first book. I haven’t read the first book, Soul Born but the author provided enough background/history of the characters throughout the book so that readers can don’t need to start in order.

The book
Kim
Feb 28, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Blood Divided is the second in the Soul Born Saga from author Kevin James Breaux and is my favorite so far! I have been an absolute fan of Kevin's work since Soul Born, absolutely loving his way with words. My favorite thing about the first book was that, while definitely following the epic fantasy tradition, there was no clear line between good and evil. I was happy to see this continue in Blood Divided, a fresh and different way to go with the fantasy genre. It helps create characters that are ...more
Arely
Jan 02, 2012 Arely rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a fan of dark fantasy, mostly because of the death and the horror. But Kevin Breaux's Soul Born Saga has changed that. The series has the perfect mix of fantasy, love, tragedy, betrayal, and magic--so much so that I have become addicted to reading them! The stories have amazing twists and turns you'd never expect, with a realistic ending that might make you cry.
Kimm
Apr 06, 2012 Kimm rated it really liked it
I liked SO many aspects of Blood Divided. The the plot is great and the writing is rich and descriptive, but there is so much more going on.

Blood Divided, the follow-up novel to Soul Born, is an exciting and wild return to the kingdom of Illyia, 20 years after the events of the first novel. Even with the time difference, the reader is seamlessly allowed to discover what changes have occurred in our "absence". I loved that there is no laborious re-telling of the first installment to get readers "
Izzles25
May 09, 2012 Izzles25 rated it it was amazing
Well all I can say is that I am a big fan of the first story “Soul Born” and of course the author Kevin. I was surprised when I read the original story because it was full of unique characters and a lot of exciting scenes. Each page gripped me. So I was looking forward immensely to the second book in the series.

Blood Divided didn’t fail! It engaged me from the first page and Kevin has again created new and well rounded characters. Each are flawed either by greed, the desire for power and they a
Pearse
Jan 23, 2012 Pearse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Divided is the next installment of the fantastic Soul Born series. It picks up 20 years after the events in the first book (which you really should read before reading this). We see a few characters from the first book and see how they have fared in the time since the first book, and we are introduced to the children of Opal and Tala. The plot soon develops that there is a new threat to Illyia. The characters old and new must work together to find a way to stop it. What happens is a fantas ...more
Nate
Dec 06, 2011 Nate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-best
Excellent follow-up to Soul Born. Illyia has become a new place and so this is a new beginning, but ties into Soul Born well. Lots of suripises here. Great action. Some romance. Even a little something for us horror fans. You can see how Kevin's skils as an author have grown and I feel he is building up to something huge in the next book. I love how he is slowly telling the back story as he moves forward, it keeps me glued to the chair. Great job!
ChristinaJL
Nov 29, 2011 ChristinaJL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle
Another good addition to the Soul Born Saga, this book is set 20 years after Soul Born. It features 4 main characters, two sets of twins with the same father but different mothers, Tala (the elf) and Opal.(the mage)

Although the timeline is different, this book continues on seemlessly from the first due to the mix of old and new characters. Again, it is well written and what interests me is the combination of good/bad characters and the choices they make.
Leigh
Jan 25, 2012 Leigh rated it it was amazing
I didn't just enjoy it, I loved it. I had trouble putting it down. I look forward to reading "Flesh Ended". I am now an eternal fan!
James Dayspring
Jan 02, 2012 James Dayspring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first. Wife gave me the Kindle, grandson the e-book. First read on the device. Very enjoyable.
Mihir
Jun 08, 2012 Mihir rated it really liked it

Full Review originally over at Fantasy Book Critic

Overall Rating - 3 & 1/2 Stars

ANALYSIS: Blood Divided is the sequel to Soul Born and as a book; I was a bit apprehensive as to how it would turn out to be. The preceding book was proclaimed to be a dark epic fantasy tale and promised much however didn’t quite live up to its promise for the reasons described in my review. This book however has another great cover and in this particular regard is a great follow-up to the first cover.

The seque
Ray Bliss
Mar 22, 2012 Ray Bliss rated it really liked it
Blood Divided by Kevin James Breaux

Blood Divided is the sequel to Soul Born set 20 years later. Illyia has had years of peace but now political snafu is in the works. War will again be coming to the land. It centers around 2 sets of twins, one born to Opal and the other Tala. While the first book had shades of grey between good and evil the second book makes it very clear who is evil. That’s EVIL with all caps! The antagonist Nathan is a definite Blackguard or Anti-Paladin for all you gamers. Fo
T.K. Toppin
Kevin James Breaux's sequel to Soul Born kicks off twenty years after the first story ends. There is enough back story to keep the 'uninitiated' in the loop, but it can also be read as a stand-alone.

From the get-go, I was hooked (maybe because I'm already an 'initiated'), and had me up well past my bedtime to see 'what happens next' to the ensemble cast. It was good to see Tala (the Elf) again and the return of one of my favourites, Zian, the werewolf. Back too in one form or the other is Opal,
Tammy
May 06, 2012 Tammy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this second book in the series. It was even better than the first. It was full of adventure,twists and turns and even some unexpected surprises. I found myself saying Whoa... I didn't see that coming... A couple of times. I would love to read book 3 to find out how it all ends. Do you have book 3 out yet? If so where can I get it? Would Amazon have it? Please let me know. Thanks for selecting me as a first reads winner of this book I truly enjoyed it and look forward to reading ...more
Shana
Jul 22, 2012 Shana rated it it was amazing
I received this book via goodreads first-reads! This book was fantastic! Sexy, violent, and intriging. This story is intrically woven with past and present, bringing the world of Illyia vividly to life. The charactrs are emotionally charged with passion, grace, honor, and valor, this book has it all, a must read for fantasy lovers!!!
Patty
Jul 20, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
love the cover,sounds great!!!!!!!!
Talitha
Feb 04, 2012 Talitha rated it it was amazing
Fantastic follow up to Soul Born! Enjoyed continuing the saga and look forward to book 3!
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Emily Boivin
Emily Boivin rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Kevin Breaux
Nov 29, 2011 Kevin Breaux rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2012
Dark Quest Books
Dark Quest Books rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2012
Esther
Esther rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2012
Seán Gardner
Seán Gardner rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2013
Robin Ray
Robin Ray rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2012
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2012
Arely
Arely rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2012
Sherrona Reed
Sherrona Reed rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
Chema
Chema rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2014
  • The Secret of Dragonhome (Dragonhome, #1)
  • The Kickstarter Handbook: Real-Life Success Stories of Artists, Inventors, and Entrepreneurs
  • HeartStone (Dolvia Saga #2)
  • Gift of the Phoenix
  • Pwning N00bs: The PC Gamer's Guide to Hardware, Strategy, and Tactics
  • (Help yourself to a) Blue Banana: Awakening your eyes to art, design and visual living
  • The Moon Rises (Gigi Monroe, #1)
  • Cupid Missed
  • The Mystery of the Golden Pocket Watch: The Exciting Sequel to Island Unknown
  • The CIO Paradox: Battling the Contradictions of IT Leadership
  • Naked Brain
  • Boy in Darkness
  • Forbidden Love (TruLove Collection)
  • Shutterbox, Volume 2 (Shutterbox, #2)
  • A Sudden Glory: God's Lavish Response to Your Ache for Something More
  • Dream Cat
  • Mirror Image Bride (Texas Twins, #2)
  • The Dallas Cowboys: The Outrageous History of the Biggest, Loudest, Most Hated, Best Loved Football Team in America
Kevin James Breaux is an award-winning author and artist. His professional writing credits span almost ten years and include short stories and novels. He is a member of the Horror Writers Association, and the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America. He lives by the motto “Write Makes Might!”© and sees each new page as an opportunity to improve and advance.

Formerly represented by Marisa A.
More about Kevin James Breaux...

Soul Born Saga (2 books)
  • Soul Born (Soul Born Saga, #1)

“Right and wrong matters little when survival matters most.” 15 likes