Start by marking “Lotto Fever” as Want to Read:
Lotto Fever

Lotto Fever

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What do a down-on-his-luck paramedic, his new love, his old girlfriend, her wannabe-gangster new boyfriend, the boyfriend's bumbling sidekicks, and two corrupt detectives have in common? They've all won the lottery! The only problem is who will get to claim it. A seemingly harmless moment of indiscretion lands paramedic Travis Bernard in the midst of a plot to rig the lott ...more
Published August 6th 2011 by Createspace (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lotto Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotto Fever

Let me just start to say I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. Wanted to take a break from the genres that I usually read and just have a good giggle, but this was outright hilarious. I was laughing out loud for most of the book.

Devin has a wicked sense of humor, the characters cracked me up and the way the songs were always super appropriate was so well done. To top it all up, there actually was a decent plot as well and the book was the really well written.

I have read EMS 3
Someone on Amazon said this blended the best parts of Devin's other books and that person was so right. It takes Devin's experiences as a paramedic, tosses them in a bowl with his wicked sense of humor, and shakes it all up. The plot is simple - a paramedic stumbles on a ridiculous and farfetched plot to rig the lottery. But from there, nothing is simple. The characters are interesting and fun, the dialogue is silly yet engaging, and in the end I was sorry I had finished it.
A wild ride! Once again the characters were loveable, the action creative, and the conversations realistic and unpredictable. I loved the exchanges between the medics as I could definitely see conversations like that taking place at our firehouse. The theft at the party goods store was hilarious. I would love to work a shift with Devin!
Mike Westman
Another fun read. I enjoyed the terrorism angle of Aim High more, but this is definitely a great time. The detective and the pirate cracked me up!
Robert Evans
first book I read of devins that was fictional. bit at some points it felt so real maybe because I know him bit still enjoyed it very much.
Kiran Multani
Kiran Multani marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Telmore  Mpiya
Telmore Mpiya marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Patty marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Kate Donahue
Kate Donahue marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Devin Kerins is a career paramedic and emergency manager from New Jersey who parlayed his experiences on ambulances, eye for detail, and twisted sense of humor into writing. After writing two books of EMS anecdotes, he has turned his attention to writing outrageously funny action novels. When he is not writing or saving lives, you can usually find him reading, watching reruns of bad 1980's sitcoms ...more
More about Devin Kerins...
EMS: The Job of Your Life EMS2: The Life of Your Job EMS 3: The Third Tour Aim High The Patriot Plan