Start by marking “Black Coke” as Want to Read:

Black Coke

Deep in the jungles of Colombia, a brutal and fast-growing drugs cartel has genetically-modified cocaine to make it ten times more powerful and addictive than any other drug. They call it:

BLACK COKE

Nathan Kershner is an agent with the UK’s Serious Organised Crime Agency and a former special forces operative. Often working undercover, he has single-handedly brought down som
Published December 1st 2011 by Intelligent Thriller Publishing (first published October 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Black Coke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Coke

Patricia
May 15, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author but it won't be he last. Imagine a drug more addictive than cocaine, it can drive its users insane and it kills, now imagine that the Colombians have that drug and want to distribute it throughout the United States. This is what Nathan is trying to prevent. This book captured my attention on the first page and kept me turning pages until I finished. This book has a lot of suspense and action and of course an underlying love story. It is a true ...more
Geoff
Nov 15, 2014 Geoff rated it liked it
Not too badly written.
A fast-paced novel, with strong characters that seem to have a helping hand too often by strange twists of fate that seem specifically-written to get them out of the trouble they get into.
Lesley
Sep 11, 2012 Lesley rated it really liked it
Excellent .... well written and amazingly believable. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Would make a superb film as well. Action all the way through.
Nancy Steinle gummel
This book is action packed, starting from the very beginning. I couldn't put the book down. I read it in a day. Stopping only when lunch and dinner was served.
Mya
Dec 19, 2014 Mya rated it really liked it
I was looking for something with an edge of bio terror, espionage and thriller to it and for the most part 'Black Coke' delivers. Seriously it has all the elements needed to keep you turning the pages even when you want to stop and put the book down, its almost like the writer knows what to do to grab you and pull you back in. There is the drug which causes some pretty devious ailments, is addictive and destructive as hell. There is the broken protagonist who fights for the cause despite odds ...more
Jeffrey Bruff
Sep 17, 2013 Jeffrey Bruff rated it it was amazing
The books I've read like this all have similar plots what get's you to read it and not want to put it down are the characters. Mr.Grenton has created a sympathetic hero that you can't help rooting for. You can't wait to see what obstacles will be in his path along the way, which of course means you can't put it down until your done.
Beth
Oct 18, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
A suspense/thriller dealing with the drug cartels in Colombia. Our main character (the hero) is part of a British organization fighting the drug trade. He starts to get too close to one of the heads of a major cartel and things happen.

The story tells how he brings down the bad guys and who gets hurt in the process.
Randy Grossman
May 28, 2015 Randy Grossman rated it liked it
Brutal Baddie

Story was fair...maybe 100 or so pages too long....and some of the events of the book I didn't personally care for. However, Amonite Victor is a CLASSIC "bad guy"...one step ahead throughout the entire story, other then allowing the hero too many second chances. If this was a movie the audience would be looking forward to this Baddie's finale....
Lerline Fitzgerald
Apr 14, 2015 Lerline Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
A good read

This was an enjoyable book to read, it kept my interest from beginning to end. I especially love the idea of a woman being the bad guy and is just as tough or tougher than the average man, also she appears to be one step ahead of you and can out think the culprit.
Liz Wood
Dec 26, 2015 Liz Wood rated it liked it
Fast read

Not much time to really explore people and personalities, but the plot action is so fast and furious that that doesn't seem to matter. I enjoyed the book, it just didn't seem to be long enough.

Oct 04, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
This was a good book, but the one thing that really stood out the most was the amount of chapters! I'd read two pages, new chapter....read two more pages, new chapter. I think there were close to 100 and it wasn't a long book really.
Marjie
Jul 01, 2016 Marjie rated it it was amazing
Horror of drug cartels but a good read

A new twist on an old story, good versus evil, money and power corrupt, etc. we follow the good guy through the story while he fights the war on drugs.
Terri Thomas
Oct 29, 2014 Terri Thomas rated it it was amazing
Black Coke

Great read. A lot of violence filled with suspense. I love the Character, Nathan. Taking on a drug cartel, him and Lucia. loved this book!
Rob Drown
Aug 22, 2013 Rob Drown rated it it was amazing
Very exciting. Be sure you have a day or two set aside because after about 50 pages you won't want to put it down. Very fast paced and really draws you in.
Lyndsy Stopa
Lyndsy Stopa rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Enrique Arroyave
Enrique Arroyave rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Charles  Duckworth
Charles Duckworth rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Doug
Doug rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Nadia Sowinski
Nadia Sowinski rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2013
steve muir
steve muir rated it did not like it
Jul 10, 2015
Keith
Keith rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Jim Van
Jim Van rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Stevejans
Stevejans rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Frederick
Frederick rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2013
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2015
Cherye Elliott
Cherye Elliott rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014
  • Operator
  • Zero Sum, Entire Trilogy Bundle
  • A Rush to Violence
  • CrossFire
  • Black Flagged (Black Flagged #1)
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Straight Flushed (A Hot Pursuit Novel, #1)
  • Sound of Blood
  • Tripoli's Target (Justin Hall, #2)
  • White Jade (The Project, #1)
  • Vital Force (Jake Adams International Thriller, #4)
  • Final Vector