Start by marking “Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly” as Want to Read:
Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly

Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  492 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Mrs Billy Connolly's tale of a more-than-usually extraordinary year in the life of living with her husband offers an insider's view of his filming, his charity works, his 60th birthday party and TV work, and includes personal insight into what makes him tick - and what makes her tick (it's her year too). he does and what she does (the contrast between the inherent seriousn ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Bravemouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bravemouth

Steve Jobs by Walter IsaacsonUnbroken by Laura HillenbrandEinstein by Walter IsaacsonInto the Wild by Jon KrakauerJohn Adams by David McCullough
Best Biographies
239th out of 717 books — 1,718 voters
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankBlood River by Tim ButcherAngela's Ashes by Frank McCourtUnbroken by Laura HillenbrandThe Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Biography and Memoirs that are BETTER than Fiction
298th out of 1,351 books — 1,915 voters

More lists with this book...

Iain
Aug 17, 2009 Iain rated it really liked it
My favourite comedian. Really enjoy most of Billy's work whether it's his stand-up or otherwise(The Man Who Sued God - seriously amusing)- and liked this alot. Hate to be harsh but I could've done with less of Pamela Stephenson. Minor moan though. Good read.
Holly Kenyon
Feb 26, 2015 Holly Kenyon rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
Having read Billy I was full of enthusiasm for this 'sequel'.
I was a little disappointed.
As much as I enjoy Pamela Stephenson's friendly writing style there was far too much content all about her. Her opinions, her experiences, her feelings, her travels.
Apart from a brief anecdote at the beginning of each chapter, there was very little Billy Connolly. It was as if she would occasionally remember that the book was actually supposed to be about her husband and would drop in the odd "when I told
Alyce
Feb 26, 2013 Alyce rated it it was ok
Not up to the high standard set by 'Billy'.

I hope I've misinterpreted the author's intent, but many stories felt slightly tainted by name-dropping... though maybe this is unavoidable when telling the story of one so famous!
Yari
Oct 31, 2012 Yari rated it did not like it
Shelves: partly-read
Couldn't get this book at all, Pamela follows Billy around describing his dress sense and hate of all things beige... Odd and boring after not very long
Derek Craig
Dec 31, 2012 Derek Craig rated it it was ok
Too much Pamsy not enough Billy
Beau Johnston
Mar 06, 2014 Beau Johnston rated it really liked it
Shelves: autobiography, humour
I don't know. Perhaps comedic genius can only be born out of tragedy (or a very sh!tty upbringing). I laughed when I read the threats his parents used to make to him, because my mum used to make the exact same threats. It must be a Scottish thing.
Isla Scott
Dec 23, 2015 Isla Scott rated it really liked it
Its quite amusing, with some funny anectdotes. Its not too long a read either. Its probably not the most memorable celeb memoir-style book I've read but its a good enough read.
Hilary Tesh
Sep 07, 2015 Hilary Tesh rated it it was ok
Much preferred Pamela Stevenson's previous book about her husband - this was ostentatious in parts although the parts about Billy, not the celebrity lifestyle, were interesting.
Michelle
Jul 23, 2014 Michelle rated it did not like it
Pamela Stephenson wrote about Pamela Stephenson, not Billy Connolly, and Billy Connolly is the person I wanted to read about.
Kylan
Feb 25, 2014 Kylan rated it really liked it
A great insight into the life of Billy Connolly, his wife Pamela, and his family. Actually makes me want to go out and buy Billy, the first book.
Winter Sophia Rose
Sep 24, 2014 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Entertaining Read!
Marco
Mar 19, 2011 Marco rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Someone that enjoys Biographies
The only thing i dont like about this book is that Pamela at times gets off track and talks a bit too much about herself rather then about Billy, but given this is more about what its like to live with Billy, rather then a book totally on him, that much is forgiveable.

If you have read Pamelas first book on her husband, simply called Billy, then you need to read this follow up, its another open and honest book that you are sure to enjoy.
Louise Jones
Sep 04, 2013 Louise Jones rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: billy fans comedy
i did not enjoy it as much as his first book perhaps did not tug at the heartstrings as much mads me see hoe caring a man BILLy is although u can be 100 % if you have the rigght picture about anyone but could see that Billy cares deeply aboutt his family and that may be because of his upbringing ! not a taxing read by any means but nice to goto bed with the book !!!
Nicole
Jun 02, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
As Billy would say, "Och!"

What a fantastic read! I have not laughed that much in a long, long while. "Pamsy" takes the man that we all already know and love and manages to make him all the more lovable.

Full Review- http://bookywooks.blogspot.com/2010/0...
Simon Lowes
Aug 11, 2012 Simon Lowes rated it liked it
This man is funny. He was abused, had some fucked up times in his life. He's the talented guy he is because of his past life. I read this book because I like him. If you read it because you don't like him then you're a bit of a time wasting twat.
Andrea
Nov 22, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book. Written by one of my heroes, about one of my heroes. Moving and very funny at the same time - in tears one moment, giggling away the next. I highly recommend it!
Edel
Apr 07, 2009 Edel rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is told by Billy wife and after reading this i would be eager to read other books about or by Billy.
Debbie
Oct 22, 2013 Debbie added it
Brilliant. I love Billy Connolly, he is so funny and I find great comfort in the way he talks and has coped with his life experiences.
Deena
Aug 26, 2007 Deena rated it really liked it
A follow on from Billy and ,again it is well written with tons of Billy quotes and phrases and one that I will definately read again
Bobcesca
Sep 07, 2009 Bobcesca rated it did not like it
A big fan of Billy Connolly, but this is truly one of the worst books I have ever read.

Such a shame.
Alex
Nov 21, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it
Well-told. Quite funny. A little rude. This book is his adventures in his 60th year.
Sue Wheildon
Sep 29, 2013 Sue Wheildon rated it it was ok
Was more about the author than Billy. Not a patch on the first book.
Claire Cheeseman
Dec 31, 2008 Claire Cheeseman rated it really liked it
fascinating insights to the funniset man on earth!
Sharon
Jul 29, 2011 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-this-one
pity pamala had to inject so much of her analysing in
Eleanor
Dec 11, 2012 Eleanor added it
Shelves: nonfiction
A lot less funny (or interesting) than you'd expect.
Cathy
Jul 27, 2010 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Love how you get to know Billy through the book.
Roland
As good as Billy
  • The Sound of Laughter
  • Billy Connolly's Route 66
  • So Far...
  • The Last Fighting Tommy: The Life of Harry Patch, the Oldest Surviving Veteran of the Trenches
  • Parcel Arrived Safely: Tied with String
  • Cancer Schmancer
  • The Last Escape: The Untold Story of Allied Prisoners of War in Europe 1944-45
  • Don't Fall Off the Mountain
  • Highway to Hell: The Life and Times of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott
  • Buried Alive: The Biography of Janis Joplin
  • A Young Man's Passage
  • Fighter Boys
  • A Guide for the Advanced Soul: A Book of Insight Tag - Hold a Problem in Your Mind
  • Diary of a Jetsetting Call Girl (Nancy Chan, #3)
Dr Pamela Helen Stephenson Connolly (born 4 December 1949) is a New Zealand-born Australian clinical psychologist and writer now resident in the United Kingdom. She is best known for her work as an actress and comedian during the 1980s. She has written several books, which include a biography of her husband Billy Connolly, and presents a psychology-based interview show called Shrink Rap on British ...more
More about Pamela Stephenson...