Start by marking “Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly” as Want to Read:
Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly

Bravemouth: Living With Billy Connolly

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  423 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Mrs Billy Connolly's tale of a more-than-usually extraordinary year in the life of living with her husband offers an insider's view of his filming, his charity works, his 60th birthday party and TV work, and includes personal insight into what makes him tick - and what makes her tick (it's her year too). he does and what she does (the contrast between the inherent seriousn ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Bravemouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bravemouth

Steve Jobs by Walter IsaacsonUnbroken by Laura HillenbrandEinstein by Walter IsaacsonInto the Wild by Jon KrakauerJohn Adams by David McCullough
Best Biographies
215th out of 598 books — 1,398 voters
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankAngela's Ashes by Frank McCourtThe Glass Castle by Jeannette WallsUnbroken by Laura HillenbrandAll Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
Biography and Memoirs that are BETTER than Fiction
208th out of 991 books — 1,134 voters

More lists with this book...

Iain
My favourite comedian. Really enjoy most of Billy's work whether it's his stand-up or otherwise(The Man Who Sued God - seriously amusing)- and liked this alot. Hate to be harsh but I could've done with less of Pamela Stephenson. Minor moan though. Good read.
Alyce
Not up to the high standard set by 'Billy'.

I hope I've misinterpreted the author's intent, but many stories felt slightly tainted by name-dropping... though maybe this is unavoidable when telling the story of one so famous!
Derek Craig
Too much Pamsy not enough Billy
Beau Johnston
I don't know. Perhaps comedic genius can only be born out of tragedy (or a very sh!tty upbringing). I laughed when I read the threats his parents used to make to him, because my mum used to make the exact same threats. It must be a Scottish thing.
Michelle
Pamela Stephenson wrote about Pamela Stephenson, not Billy Connolly, and Billy Connolly is the person I wanted to read about.
Kylan
A great insight into the life of Billy Connolly, his wife Pamela, and his family. Actually makes me want to go out and buy Billy, the first book.
Winter Rose
Entertaining Read!
Marco
Mar 19, 2011 Marco rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone that enjoys Biographies
The only thing i dont like about this book is that Pamela at times gets off track and talks a bit too much about herself rather then about Billy, but given this is more about what its like to live with Billy, rather then a book totally on him, that much is forgiveable.

If you have read Pamelas first book on her husband, simply called Billy, then you need to read this follow up, its another open and honest book that you are sure to enjoy.
Louise Jones
Sep 04, 2013 Louise Jones rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: billy fans comedy
i did not enjoy it as much as his first book perhaps did not tug at the heartstrings as much mads me see hoe caring a man BILLy is although u can be 100 % if you have the rigght picture about anyone but could see that Billy cares deeply aboutt his family and that may be because of his upbringing ! not a taxing read by any means but nice to goto bed with the book !!!
Nicole
As Billy would say, "Och!"

What a fantastic read! I have not laughed that much in a long, long while. "Pamsy" takes the man that we all already know and love and manages to make him all the more lovable.

Full Review- http://bookywooks.blogspot.com/2010/0...
Simon Lowes
This man is funny. He was abused, had some fucked up times in his life. He's the talented guy he is because of his past life. I read this book because I like him. If you read it because you don't like him then you're a bit of a time wasting twat.
Andrea
Totally loved this book. Written by one of my heroes, about one of my heroes. Moving and very funny at the same time - in tears one moment, giggling away the next. I highly recommend it!
Yari
Couldn't get this book at all, Pamela follows Billy around describing his dress sense and hate of all things beige... Odd and boring after not very long
Edel
I really enjoyed this book. It is told by Billy wife and after reading this i would be eager to read other books about or by Billy.
Debbie
Oct 22, 2013 Debbie added it
Brilliant. I love Billy Connolly, he is so funny and I find great comfort in the way he talks and has coped with his life experiences.
Deena
A follow on from Billy and ,again it is well written with tons of Billy quotes and phrases and one that I will definately read again
Bobcesca
A big fan of Billy Connolly, but this is truly one of the worst books I have ever read.

Such a shame.
Alex
Well-told. Quite funny. A little rude. This book is his adventures in his 60th year.
Sue Wheildon
Was more about the author than Billy. Not a patch on the first book.
Claire Cheeseman
fascinating insights to the funniset man on earth!
Sharon
pity pamala had to inject so much of her analysing in
Eleanor
Dec 11, 2012 Eleanor added it
Shelves: nonfiction
A lot less funny (or interesting) than you'd expect.
Cathy
Love how you get to know Billy through the book.
Roland
Cashing in...
Kimberley
Extremely funny
Penni
Penni marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
  • The Sound of Laughter
  • So Far...
  • Billy Connolly's Route 66
  • Cancer Schmancer
  • The Last Fighting Tommy: The Life of Harry Patch, the Oldest Surviving Veteran of the Trenches
  • Buried Alive: The Biography of Janis Joplin
  • Don't Fall Off the Mountain
  • Diary of a Jetsetting Call Girl (Nancy Chan, #3)
  • Dear Me
  • Station X: The Codebreakers of Bletchley Park
  • The Ultra Secret
  • On the Edge
  • Lucille: The Life of Lucille Ball
  • Heaven And Hell: My Life In The Eagles (1974 2001)
Dr Pamela Helen Stephenson Connolly (born 4 December 1949) is a New Zealand-born Australian clinical psychologist and writer now resident in the United Kingdom. She is best known for her work as an actress and comedian during the 1980s. She has written several books, which include a biography of her husband Billy Connolly, and presents a psychology-based interview show called Shrink Rap on British ...more
More about Pamela Stephenson...
Billy Treasure Islands: Sailing the South Seas in the Wake of Fanny and Robert Louis Stevenson The Varnished Untruth Head Case: Treat Yourself To Better Mental Health Sex Life: How Our Sexual Encounters and Experiences Define Who We Are