Start by marking “Palm Springs Heat (Fast Lane Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Palm Springs Heat (Fast Lane Romance, #1)

Palm Springs Heat (Fast Lane Romance #1)

***Palm Springs Heat (Fast Lane Romance #1) was originally released as Fast Lane***

Can an ordinary woman make an international playboy fall in love with her…so she can dump him as soon as he’s hooked? Lara Dixon sets out to make it happen with infamous billionaire bachelor Clay Creighton.

Lara embarks on a mission of justice, certain that Creighton’s Fast Lane media empire,
Published August 21st 2012 (first published November 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Palm Springs Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Palm Springs Heat

Erin Buhr
Mar 08, 2012 Erin Buhr rated it really liked it
When I sit down with a romance novel, or chic-lit as it is fondly referred to in my house, I'm looking for two things - something light and fun to read and a happy ending. These are simple criteria, but Fast Lane far exceeded them. Dave Thome has indeed created an entertaining story that artfully employs just enough suspense to keep the pages turning until the satisfying conclusion. However, Fast Lane is a rare treat for its genre. The characters are complex and engaging, the plot is well paced ...more
Meg
Mar 17, 2012 Meg rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I really enjoyed this story, which is saying a lot since I haven't been able to get farther than 100 pages in before giving up when I've picked up a romance in recent years. I found the storyline unique, the characters interesting, and the romance believable. And, bonus, it was well-written, which I've found to be rare in the self-published books I've read so far. If you like modern romance, give this one a go. I think you'll be happy you did.
Coral
May 02, 2012 Coral rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, it is a quick, fun read that has you hooked from the first page.

This book is very well written and Lara is a really good character, this alone has you turning the pages to find out what happens and whether she continues her plan :)

I will be reading more of Dave Thome and have just recently brought Metal mom which I cannot wait to start reading :)
Annette Payne
Apr 30, 2012 Annette Payne rated it it was amazing
Really fun read - quite predictable, however it was fun......full of extravagance and luxury - makes you wonder how the other half lives! Loved it - very light read - just what I needed!

Elle!
I'm picky about chick lit. Something about heroines tumbling into the arms of taunt body men makes me want to gorge my eyes out with a butter knife.... But I found this book to be very readable from the beginning to ending.Note I said readable not compelling! This book claimed to be erotic but it's a romance with a few sex scenes, nothing erotic about it. The characters are a little stock character to me. Laura Dixon the protagonist of Palm Springs Heat, gets into the Rotation in an unrealistic ...more
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
I am still smiling and chuckling a bit after reading the blurb at the end of the book from the author. I love where he wrote writing the sex scenes cracked him up! Have to say though after getting control of himself he did a mighty fine job of writing 'cracking' good sex scenes :0)

Okay so who isn't going to be a bit sceptical about reading an erotic romance written by a bloke? I know I sure was but I can promise you though it's written really well and honestly take no notice it's been penned by
Lorraine
May 11, 2012 Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Fast Lane is a novel that lives up to its title! It is a heart-racing, pulse-thumping story that starts off fast and accelerates into one of the most interesting, modern day romances that I have had the honor to read in a long while! The fact that a male author writes about romance is interesting in itself, add this to the emotion inspiring storyline and Dave Thomes' ability to portray perspectives of both the male and female characters in this story, makes this a must-read for any lover of ...more
 Davielle Danielle  France-Edwards
This book was GREAT...the plot was amazing!!! The things she did so she could be "undercover" was magnificent!!! It was was really funny...my favorite part was when Lara fainted and Clay was like..."I told you to cut back on the candle power. She's probably got Sun stroke."
It was HILARIOUS!!! It was ROMANCE!!!
Amanda Chalifoux
Apr 18, 2012 Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
Sounds like a book I would read, Love the title & cover. I love it is just about a normal women who tries to get into the fast lane to get a guy to indeed fall for a regular women disguised. It really makes me wanna read more, I love romance books of any kind & I def. wanna read yours Dave.
Katherine Logan
Jun 06, 2012 Katherine Logan rated it it was amazing
Fun, fun book. Strong women, great descriptions. Very well written. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and loved reading a romance written by a man. Looking forward to reading Metal Mom.
Tonileg
Oct 01, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, kindle
I have a tendency to forgive but never forget, but I suppose that once in a while someone has to step up and take care f business. Lara Dixon is representing all the wronged women that the infamous international playboy Clay Creighton has played with for the past decade plus. She is trying to get into Rotation (Clay always has three girlfriends at a time and he gets rid of one every six months or so) which sound complicated but isn't because she gets into the Rotation quickly.
I was surprised how
Christi Craig
Nov 05, 2012 Christi Craig rated it really liked it
“Don’t let anybody write your story for you. Say what needs to be said. Write your own story.” ~ Taequanda, in Palm Springs Heat

Often in life, we approach a situation or a goal (or a relationship), letting outside assumptions and expectations fuel our vision, only to discover that the truth of the matter is not at all what we anticipate. The same can be said for Lara Dixon, the protagonist in DC Thome’s debut novel, Palm Spring Heat. In the quote above, Taequanda is talking to Lara, a journalist
Heather
May 24, 2015 Heather rated it it was ok
I just didn't like the concept of the book. Lara decides to take on Playboy, Clay, of Fast Lane basically because her ex-husband is a lying, cheat. Clay has women on this thing called The Rotation. There are only three at a time. One rotates off and another is chosen to replace her. Lara is determined to be that woman so she can get some dirt on Clay and write an article exposing him. The rest is predictable romance with the two falling in love, her being wrong about him and a little more drama ...more
Tara
Jul 03, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it
Can you say, “Just right?” This surprisingly engaging story shows the pitfalls of how a successfully manufactured image can lead to all kinds of mistakes. Lara certainly buys the act along with everyone else. Clay’s handlers ensure it and protect his image. But what she finds when she vows to bring this playboy down, is a man who’s lost the reins of his empire and is as much a victim of spin as she is. There’s an unexpected tenderness inside of him that she warms to, not to mention a sexy ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 06, 2015 Isha Coleman rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The Fast Lane Romance Trilogy Box Set by: D.C. Thome
I actually read these books individually first. When I received a copy of the box set I went back and read the books as a group. Certain points I missed the first time were picked up on the second time. Enjoyed more after reading the series together.
Kasey
Nov 09, 2012 Kasey rated it liked it
This was a fast paced easy to read book. I liked the plot line as described in the blurb and the book sticks to that but things move along a bit to quickly and easily for my taste. There were several little things not to my preferred taste in reading but nothing so horrible it ruined the book. So a book to pass the time but nothing exceptional or overly drawing about it.
M.J. Williams
Nov 29, 2012 M.J. Williams rated it it was amazing
This is a great romance with characters that are immensely likable, a plot that thoroughly engaged me, and steamy scenes in romantic settings.
Rosie Van
Rosie Van rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2012
Bambi
Bambi rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Stephanie Boyd
Stephanie Boyd rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Edna
Edna rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Moxer
Moxer rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2016
Jennifer Jones
Jennifer Jones rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2013
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Rowanparker24hotmail.com
Rowanparker24hotmail.com rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Dave Thome
Dave Thome rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Q&A with Dave Thome: Fast Lane 1 3 Apr 26, 2012 09:45AM
  • Close Your Eyes
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Deadly Valentine
  • Tarzan and Janine (Texas Billionaire Club, #1)
  • Wine & Roses
  • Gypsy Bond
  • Letters To Gabriella (Glebe Point, #2)
  • The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding (Italian Billionaires, #1)
  • Dare Me (Marisela Morales/Dirty 0.5)
  • Grandmaster's Legacy (Erotic Historical Suspense, Box Set)
  • Instructing an Heiress  (Cinderella Heiresses, #2)
  • Two Days of a Dream
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
  • Passion and Pride
  • Fool Me Once (International Romance #2)
  • Her Secret Bodyguard
  • The Holiday Bride (Holiday Brides #2)
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)

Fast Lane Romance (3 books)
  • Malibu Bride (Fast Lane Romance #2)
  • San Fernando Dreams: Fast Lane Romance #3