Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Laura MacLeod doesn’t need an intervention to know she’s in trouble. A paediatric nurse on an oncology ward, she has seen her share of suffering. But when tragedy touches her personally, she falls apart and accepts help in the form of pain killers. She becomes rapidly addicted, and her downward spiral is humiliating as well as life-changing. Fresh from rehab, she travels t...more
Published November 29th 2011

Georgina
**SPOILER**

Too short and flimsy to carry the weight of everything the author threw into the book. This romance could've done without all the drama, and I think the relationship between Laura and Bradley was hurried and under-developed, as a result.

In order to properly address the serious issues of substance abuse and recovery, post war stress and the emotional/psychological problems very young, orphaned children face, the book needed to be twice the length, at least.

I'm no expert but would've t...more
Elyse
Mona Ingram is in my woman's group on Goodreads. This is the first book I've read by her.

I'm in 'aw' at the talent we have in our woman's group. (many great writers). All the books I've read have been enjoyable to say the least. Each different --each worth my time.

"Fallen Angel" was a 'feel-good' book!!!! [VERY SATISFYING] I read this book yesterday -- a chilly-windy day -- here in Northern California...(in one sitting). I was swept away into my little world with this wondrous little novel.

Mon...more
Melodie
This story revolves around a nurse just recently discharged from rehab and a war veteran without a voice. Both have baggage and are determined to NOT get involved. Well,you know how long that lasts.There are some bumps and twists along the way of course.
Set in the wine country of Canada(I didn't know there was wine country in Canada) this was an engaging and very quick read. I enjoyed all the characters and plot moved right along.If you are in the mood for a light read, this is it.
Mom2jngncna~ Stephannie
May 22, 2012 Mom2jngncna~ Stephannie marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-book
hum, my cover looks nothing like this!
Gina
In this story Laura is approached by her family and friends about her prescription drug addiction and agrees to go to rehab. The rehab part of the books is very quick and it seems as if the author just didn't bother doing research so she didn't write about it. While in rehab, Laura meets Faith and after they are released from rehab they decide to go to a program that helps recovering addicts with a job and a stable and peaceful environment. This program is a winery and the girls jobs are to be c...more
Amy Brantley
Those that love romantic dramas are going to love Fallen Angel by Mona Ingram. It's a tender, heart-felt romance that truly stirs the emotions. If you're looking for an emotional, but sweet romance, I highly recommend this one. Mona Ingram is a talented author who creates such diverse romances that there's something for everyone.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Really enjoyed this story!!

Laura;

Over coming drug addictions,battling with the loss of a young child that she has grown to care for,losing a mother that never really was there for her & the loss of a job she truly loved.Then add on top of all that... the loss of her best friend and her husband.Now she is left to care for her best friends children.

Bradley;

Has loss his voice,due too stress from the war in Afghanistan.He was a pilot of an F-18s.After orders to drop a bomb that totally went wron...more
S. Nelson
The development of the characters and storyline was so good that I did not question anything along this journey. Laura and Bradley have both gone through a lot, and they are cautious but they are drawn together. They seem to understand each other's pain. Halfway through the story it was obvious that they are kindred spirits. A very tender romance. I like the blue lagoon effect. This is the second book of the author that I have read and there is no doubt that I will read the rest of them.
Rjsmommy
Laura is an oncology pediatric nurse who succumbs to the grief of the job and becomes a prescription drug addict. Bradley is a fighter pilot who loses his voice due to the pyschological trauma he suffers after his accidental killings during friendly fire. Both arrive at the winery to heal and find that in the arms of each other. I loved the basic plotline but , with this being a mere 150 pages, I would have preferred more character and plot development. The ending seemed awfully rushed.
Amanda
Okay I was the director of admissions at a substance abuse facility so I am slanted in my view but I want to bang my head against the wall. Yes let's have a BARELY CLEAN ADDICT WORK AT A WINERY. I honestly don't think the author did her homework on this or she would have NEVER had that as a premise. I honestly couldn't get passed that ineptitude of the author for this book.
Devin Lind
An okay book, though the plot felt quite unlikely - not to mention rushed -at times. I would have liked the story, as well as the characters, to have been more fleshed out.

The Kindle edition could do with some editing; there are some annoying typos.

All in all, a short, okay read.
Joy
Romance between a recovering addict and literally dumbstruck fighter pilot--doesn't quite come together in the end, seems like it's trying to do too much in too short a book. 2.5 stars.
Stephannie
Free.Kindle.Airplane reading. Wow - what a ridulous book! Almost shameful to have spent time reading it, but considering it was free, and I was passing time on the plane ...
Mary Martinez
This was a freebie thru Amazon, so I figured, what the heck! I was enjoying the story, and then it was suddenly over! I expected a lot more story yet to come! Short but sweet.
Cheryl
I loved this book!! It was a fast easy read and had a great storyline!! the only downside to this story was that it wasnt long enough!
Caroline
a gentle read although I was disappointed in that it promised a nice romance which ended up short and hurried apart fron that an ok read
Poonam
Enjoyed this romance story. Love the sexy hero Bradley. Full of emotions from the start to the end. Love the ending too.
Karen
This is a romance about a drug addicted nurse. A pretty good read. I like it when things work out in the end.
Esty
Book actually surprised me kind of a bit unrealistic but then again that's why it's fictionlol
Stephanie
Cute storyline with a sad twist but a bit too graphic for my liking.
Cindy
This was a pretty good book. I would recommend it.
Lyndi
Great Book!
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Phuong
Phuong marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Debbie ingraham
Debbie ingraham marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
 Élise Samantha
Élise Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Love By Accident
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • This Time Forever (Glebe Point Cay, #1)
  • Travelers Rest
  • Coming Home
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • The Memory of You (Return to Redemption, #0.5)
  • Expectations (Expectations, #1)
  • Blind Faith
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • The Macgregor's Daughter
  • Blindsided (Sentinel Securities, #1)
  • Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted
  • Close Your Eyes
  • Torn
  • Cold Comfort
Mona Ingram is the author of 20 romance novels, including two novellas. Many of her stories take place in British Columbia, where she has lived since the age of twelve. In recent years she has lived in the Okanagan Valley and on Vancouver Island. In addition to reading and writing, traveling and bird watching are among Mona's favourite pastimes.
More about Mona Ingram...
Full Circle Deception Loving From Afar (The Women of Independence, #1) Fool Me Once Between a Jock and a Hard Place