Start by marking “The Psychology of Wealth: Understanding Your Relationship with Money and Achieve Prosperity” as Want to Read:

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller!

"The Psychology of Wealth is a pertinent and comprehensive overview of the skills and mindset necessary for success. Prosperity can be achieved by anyone, and Dr. Richards shows the way."
--Donald J. Trump

"What's in your head determines what's in your wallet. Dr. Richards gives you the mental hard-drive upgrade you need
Published January 10th 2012 by McGraw-Hill (first published December 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Psychology of Wealth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychology of Wealth

Jessie
Mar 15, 2012 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book for free on Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It gave me a lot of inspiration. The real life stories of others' financial success empowered me to want to do something, for the better, for myself and my family financially. It also makes you more aware of your finances and debt-related choices. I would definately recommend this book to anyone wanting some ideas and inspiration in this tough economy.
Christopher Okolo
Mar 02, 2017 Christopher Okolo rated it it was amazing
Good illustration of the true meaning of wealth, from his own perspective. Motivational
Kai
Mar 16, 2012 Kai rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The Psychology of Wealth discussed the background on how we define wealth and the circumstances of our economic collapse. Our uprising by our parents define us on how we see wealth. We see things that we are working toward within our means. But somewhere, we lost sight and become irresponsible. We based wealth on wants and not needs. We went beyond on what we could afford because we were looking at the future that everything is find and dandy.

The book also discussed that wealth doesn't always b
Christina
May 21, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
The Psychology of Wealth is one of the better books on the topic of finances.

My only regret is that it wasn't detailed and specific in telling you "how to" define your own version of prosperity.

This isn't a failing more likely this is something the reader needs to do on her own. I typed up my own ideas on the topic of prosperity to refer to after I read this book.

The author has a not-subtle agenda in advocating for community loan programs yet I can understand his belief in that using these loans
Debbie
Feb 23, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it
A basic book that gives an overview of not only the current economic situation, but also how our thoughts and habits determine our wealth. Although I did not find a lot of new information (having read a number of the books referenced), the presentation included a an assortment of stories, which tie the ideas to emotions and help support change. This would be a great book for someone starting to learn a about wealth and success. I received a free copy if this book from Goodreads.
Michael Sautter
Aug 10, 2012 Michael Sautter rated it it was ok
Self-esteem and self-respect are necessary before anyone can achieve any success however they define success. Anyone can cultivate self-esteem and self-respect in themselves and a few exercises are provided. Most of the book is filled with people's stories of success, some more inspiring than others.

Not a 'must-read' by any means but it was a quick read and interesting.
Suzanne
May 26, 2015 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
This book is exactly what it claims to be; although it's "personal finance," Dr. Richards talks more about behavior, thought process, and constructive action than actual money. He does a great job of tying these topics together in an appealing style! I enjoyed the constant short stories within- this book is packed with wisdom.
Diana Lowery
Jul 22, 2012 Diana Lowery rated it liked it
interesting psychology behind prosperity and wealth.. Old message in a new package.
Alison Fontenot
Oct 14, 2016 Alison Fontenot rated it really liked it
A well written and inspiring read. Interesting historical perspectives on the use of credit and debt.
Ashley
Dec 20, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really deal with how our relationship with money begins and manifests itself throughout our lives. I appreciate the psychological perspective.
Tejas
Feb 06, 2016 Tejas rated it did not like it
Hardly anything about wealth. Pop psychology.
James Zhang
Feb 03, 2013 James Zhang rated it it was ok
Not sure it requires a book for the points the author tries to make. Could have been done in 10 pages
Stephanie
Apr 18, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was ok
Accidentally checked out one of those self-help books full of platitudes and lacking data. Oops.
Ilona Mustafin
Sep 12, 2012 Ilona Mustafin rated it it was amazing
This book helped me understand why I view finances the way I do. And living within my means was eye opening for me. I have gathered useful tips for myself and am happy to put them into everyday use.
James Willey
Jan 28, 2016 James Willey rated it it was ok
Found nothing new or inspiring in this read. A lot of common sense with a lot of nice examples of people achieving success by determination, courage, fortitude, character, etc....
Kopec
Kopec rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2012
Alvin Walker
Alvin Walker rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
orji Samuel
orji Samuel rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Nick
Nick rated it did not like it
Feb 12, 2012
Blake Brezeale
Blake Brezeale rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Elisabeth Parker
Elisabeth Parker rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Isambard Growett
Isambard Growett rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Houssam Ibrahim
Houssam Ibrahim rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
May 18, 2012
Bekah Parker
Bekah Parker rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Mohammed Abutaleb
Mohammed Abutaleb rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Investing For Dummies
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race, and Finding Home
  • Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance
  • The Economics of Attention: Style and Substance in the Age of Information
  • Crossing the Finish Line: Completing College at America's Pu
  • The Power of Flow: Practical Ways to Transform Your Life with Meaningful Coincidence
  • The Untold War: Inside the Hearts, Minds, and Souls of Our Soldiers
  • Handbook of Creativity
  • Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010
  • Language as Symbolic Action: Essays on Life, Literature, and Method
  • The Benefit and The Burden: Tax Reform-Why We Need It and What It Will Take
  • The Sages: Warren Buffett, George Soros, Paul Volcker, and the Maelstrom of Markets
  • Social Psychology