A Story-Gram from Vinyl Cafe Inc

A Story-Gram from Vinyl Cafe Inc (Vinyl Cafe Audio Stories #6)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Running Time: 140:30 min.

CD One:

2. Labour Pains,
3. Morley's Book Club

Bonus Video: I Need to Pee
Audio CD, 3 pages
Published June 15th 2005 by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC Audio) (first published June 2005)

To ask other readers questions about A Story-Gram from Vinyl Cafe Inc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Story-Gram from Vinyl Cafe Inc

Rachael
Well, not read, techincally, but listened to.

I can't recommend Stuart McLean's CDs enough. I saw him read at the Christchurch Writers Festival a couple of years ago and fell in love with his stories about Dave, who runs the Vinyl Cafe record store (slogan: "We're not big, but we're small")and his wife and kids. The family get themselves into one pickle after another and they are so endearing and funny. (Example: ten year old Sam is sad is dog seems to be dying. But when he starts crying about it...more
Carol
Stuart McLean is so very funny. I'd read about Dave's experience with the turkey, but these stories are even funny. I laughed out loud in the car, listening to the story about Dave's unfortunate message left on a neighbour's answering machine. McLean has a rare gift.
Greg
If you've not heard Stuart McLean's Vinyl Cafe stories go to iTunes right now and download some. You'll be instantly hooked on Dave, Morley, and the whole cast. This collection was particularly enjoyable and helped keep Katie and I awake on the final leg of our 30-hour travel day back from Australia!
Sharon Fjeldstrom
I love the stories. I am sharing them with my Grade Seven class and they are enjoying them as well.
David
David marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Alextutt
Alextutt marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Al
Al marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Clayborn
Clayborn marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Melanie Merke
Melanie Merke marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Gifty
Gifty marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Carol Jensen
Carol Jensen marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Jo-Anna Walker
Jo-Anna Walker marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Jeff Seeger
Jeff Seeger marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Rachel Wallis
Rachel Wallis marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2012

From the Vinyl Cafe web site: Stuart McLean is a best-selling author, award-winning journalist and humorist, and host of CBC Radio program The Vinyl Cafe.

Stuart began his broadcasting career making radio documentaries for CBC Radio's Sunday Morning. In 1979 he won an ACTRA award for Best Radio Documentary for hi...more
More about Stuart McLean...
Vinyl Cafe Unplugged Stories from the Vinyl Cafe Home From The Vinyl Cafe: A Year Of Stories Vinyl Cafe Diaries Secrets from the Vinyl Cafe