Start by marking “The Complete Guide to Drawing & Illustration: A Practical and Inspirational Course for Artists of All Abilities” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This book will use practical exercises in easy stages to help you learn the rules you need to understand. It is not so much a reference volume as a complete and hands-on course in drawing, suitable for beginner and improver alike. The aim throughout The Complete Book of Drawing and Illustration is to demystify the subject and, at every stage, treat drawing as a rewarding a ...more
Published November 9th 2009 by Arcturus (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Guide to Drawing & Illustration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Guide to Drawing & Illustration

Robert Day
I was scouting around for some way to meet people and make friends whilst doing something I enjoyed, when I happened across a Live Drawing Class; so I joined up and spent a couple of hours drawing this nude guy in a class of 20 others doing the same.

Well, I wasn't really very good at it so, to hone my skills, I tripped off to the library and got me a book - this book.

I read and followed the instructions in the relevant chapter (figures), which enabled me to draw some nude women. Then I put the b
Shayla Williams
I completely suck at drawing, and mostly suck at painting. I have Frank Clark and Jerry Yarnell for painting, but have never been able to follow along with the multitudes of "how to draw" books out there. Until this one.

I still can't draw half the simple stuff in this book, and none of the complex stuff, but my painting has shown a marked improvement since I studied and attempted to learn from this book.
Leonard Pierce
Comprehensive and maybe even a bit too much so. It didn't do anything to help my nonexistent draughtsmanship, I tell you that much.
Angie Lisle
A good starting place for those learning to draw.
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Adnan Hussain
Adnan Hussain marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Robert
Robert added it
Oct 11, 2014
Louis Herick
Louis Herick marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Kiyo Cotto
Kiyo Cotto marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Ileana
Ileana marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Liesl
Liesl marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Regz Peetz
Regz Peetz marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Luke
Luke added it
Apr 27, 2014
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Madellajne
Madellajne marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Josue Cfv
Josue Cfv marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Peter Gray...
The Complete Book Of Drawing Manga The Art Of Drawing And Creating Manga Women The Art of Drawing and Creating Manga The Practical Guide to Drawing Landscapes Creative Drawing & Illustration: A Sourcebook of Inspirational Drawing Skills