Start by marking “Starbucks: de 5 principes van het succesverhaal” as Want to Read:
Starbucks: de 5 principes van het succesverhaal

Starbucks: de 5 principes van het succesverhaal

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  2,795 Ratings  ·  213 Reviews
Met meer dan 3000 koffiezaken in 37 landen is Starbucks wereldwijd een begrip. Maar hoe maakte Starbucks van koffie een succesverhaal? De kracht ligt in vijf principes waardoor een gewoon idee kon uitgroeien tot een buitengewoon fenomeen. Het belangrijkste hierbij zijn de mensen op de werkvloer: zij dragen de filosofie van het bedrijf uit. Zo komt elke Starbucks - vestigin ...more
Published April 2008 by Unieboek Bv (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Starbucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starbucks

Sally Siawidjaja
May 26, 2009 Sally Siawidjaja rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Sally by: seeing it at gramedia bookshelves
Shelves: non-fiksi, terjemahan
I have been a big fans of starbucks green tea latte since 7 years ago and was amaze how fast their company is growing. So when I heard about this book I wanted to know everything about the company. Their management and marketing strategy, their choice of cafe design, and even why they chose Medusa as their logo (is it Medusa? I heard it is because Starbucks are devil worshiper. lol).

However, I was utterly disapointed after reading this book. It just went on and on and on.... about how great the
Jay
Feb 24, 2013 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, audiobook
I'm glad I read this book after reading Starbuck CEO Howard Schultz's book "Onward". The Schultz book covers the guiding priciples under which Starbucks operates - it's what they train their employees on. "Onward" gives a number of examples of these stories but goes much beyond, with quite a bit of company history. This book, "The Starbucks Experience", really dives into those guiding principles and provides a number of examples of how the company and its employees meet those principles in day-t ...more
Cassandra
Nov 23, 2015 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dieses Buch beschreibt sehr gut was Starbucks alles macht um seine Mitarbeiter zu motivieren und für ein angenehmen Arbeitsort zu sorgen.
Ich habe das Buch sehr gerne gelesen. Es gibt noch zahlreiche Tipps und Gedankenanstöße wie man selbst durch das Starbucks Prinzip mehr Freude, Energie und Qualität ins Unternehmen bringen kann.
Wer von Starbucks lernen will ist hier richtig.
Es ist leicht zu lesen und gut gegliedert.
PlatKat
Jun 06, 2009 PlatKat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: business owners and managers
I enjoyed the positive nature of this book, and it was nice to learn more about the practices of a company to which I've devoted a large portion of my coffee patronage. But after awhile, it started to read more like a long promotional pamphlet touting Starbucks' excellence.

Since I'm thinking about starting my own business, this book was helpful to me because it identified some important ideals to strive for. It made me think about my message, how I want to brand myself, and what inconsistencies
Susan Bybee
Dec 04, 2013 Susan Bybee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the stories about the many ways that Starbucks connects with their customers, their communities and the world at large. The constant sidebars in which Michelli invites business owners (his intended audience) to reflect upon each new point presented, seemed to disrupt the flow of the book. Can't business owners just absorb the information and stories illustrating why Starbucks is successful and make their own inferences? Do they have to be spoon-fed like a class of high school freshmen? ...more
Danny
Dec 25, 2009 Danny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Enjoyed this look inside Starbucks. Some of my favorite quotes include:
5 Principles for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary: Make it your own, Everything matters, Surprise & delight, Embrace resistance, Leave your mark
Make It Your Own: 5 Ways of Being: Be welcoming, Be genuine, Be considerate, Be knowledgeable & Be involved.
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
“workers at all levels must become attuned not only to wha
May 21, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People in a service industry
Recommended to Sarah by: Hayley
Great quotes and principles for customizing your business to make a great experience for your clients, BUT, the book is horribly horribly written! Most of the people in my co-workers book group stalled out about 50 or 100 pages into the book. The book doesn't flow at all. It gets choked up with all the quotes and principles, then tends to repeat itself over and over again. Okay, we understood on page 5 what a great and ingenius company Starbucks was...no need to drone on and on about it! BUT, de ...more
Melanie
Apr 26, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nf-libraries
I picked up this book because one of the essays in the book, The Frugal Librarian, described how it's concepts could benefit libraries. I agree that libraries of all kinds could benefit by applying the five customer service principles from this book. I think "be welcoming, be genuine, be considerate, be knowledgeable, and be involved" (page 175)sums it up well. I recommend it to any organization focused on customer service.
Adi Arifin
Sep 05, 2011 Adi Arifin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an inspiring book on how setting our difference and pay every attention needed to keep it consistently makes a huge difference. I understand that many business do not really care about brand and brand image. But in the industry I am in, having our brand recognized for reliability is above anything else. Tourism industry is one thing, but being in premium layer, a very thin layer at the top of the pyramid, such as Bali villas is another story.
Gugun Gunadi
Mar 12, 2009 Gugun Gunadi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sebenarnya buku ini cukup menarik untuk dibaca. Pengalaman starbuck dalam merintis usaha dari hanya sebuah kedai kopi kecil hingga jaringan kedai kopi terkenal yang menggurita. Tapi sayang, terjemahan dalam bahasa Indonesianya tidak begitu enak dibaca, bahasanya kaku sekali. Jadi kurang menarik lagi.. (ini menurut saya loh)
Abdullah Almutairi
This book hold many spiritual Wounder and contains many thoughtful Idea of how to be a Muslim, a Human and how to from all the things you have in your life, as some things you gain for your own right. currently reading and I don't want leave it at all. This one of the book that at first I judge it by the cover, but turn out it's a real treasure in my opinion.
Cindy Payler
Apr 05, 2014 Cindy Payler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can't finish reading this book without having a great respect for the Starbucks principles. If you are a lover of Starbuck's coffee, you will love it even more after learning about what they stand for and how they go about making it happen. A short, quick read packed with lots of good advice for business leaders and anyone who is curious about Starbuck's success.
Donna Lyn
Mar 27, 2011 Donna Lyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in one day, it was well written and encouraging. There are many other coffee companies that have great service (Dutch Brothers comes to mind) so Starbucks doesn't corner the market on service but it was an excellent read on how Starbucks gets me to spend $4 for the 'experience' again and again and...
Azez
يقدم صورة مثاليه لما ينبغى ان تكو نعليه خدمة الزبائن
اعطيته 3 نجوم
لان من قراء كتاب ديل كارينجي عن فن التعامل مع الاخرين يكفيه
حيث يعتبر هذا كتاب تتطبيق فعلي للهذا الكتاب
John
May 30, 2012 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The stuff American dreams are made of!
Kayleigh John
Jan 17, 2016 Kayleigh John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! The Starbucks story is such an inspirational story, a must-read for business owners
Andrew Morris
Nov 26, 2016 Andrew Morris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I wouldn't be surprised if this was required reading for all Starbucks employees. I feel only slight hesitation labeling it propaganda. To be fair, I think it has some potentially interesting points, and you can learn them from reading the back cover. They are fleshed out with endless anecdotes pulled straight from the Starbucks internal newsletter.

An example of the book's wisdom: it's a good idea to surprise customers by giving them a free product sometimes. That's true, but the book doesn't dw
Ryan Watkins
Jan 07, 2017 Ryan Watkins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
The author explains how Starbucks focuses on providing an experience for its clients instead of just a product. He continues to explain in more detail his 5 principles on how to accomplish this in your own business: Make It Your Own, Everything Matters, Surprise and Delight, Embrace Resistance, Leave Your Mark. Much of his advice is helpful despite there being a lot of filler about specific clients' experiences at Starbucks and his push for businesses to support left leaning social issues. Readi ...more
Ravi Matcha
Dec 12, 2016 Ravi Matcha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The book had great examples of how lowest employees have embraced the values of the company and gives many examples. It also shows how the management of any company can benefit from collaborating with its employees and increase the value of the entire company by making the employees as their strongest advocates.

Best parts are the examples;
Korey
Nov 25, 2016 Korey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Believe my wife picked this up at a Starbucks. Obviously a company led book...not sure why they tried to used a presumed third party objective writer. From what I've seen, a book that has trademarks/copyrights after brand names is trying to sell something. No objectivity, just a kool-aid drinking love letter. Not worth the time.
Dee Robb
Jan 15, 2017 Dee Robb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, quick read.
Cahyo
Mar 13, 2008 Cahyo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cahyo by: TIME Magz
Dengan menjamurnya berbagai kedai kopi, café, club, maupun restorasi kelas menengah ke atas lainnya; maka tuduhan “atas tuntutan pergaulan” pun akan teramat sangat mudah untuk ditabalkan kepada siapapun yang, mungkin, kebetulan lewat di depan kita, dan mengaku bahwa dirinya adalah seorang fanatikus sejati atas berbagai kenyamanan semacam itu.

Tapi kalau kegemaran itu semata dinyatakan sebagai virus, gue kurang sepakat. Karena, untuk kasus kedai kopi berlambang putrid duyung menggoda ini, gue (pil
Stefania Shaffer
Oct 06, 2016 Stefania Shaffer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The most fascinating part of this read is understanding how incredible this business model appeals to the vast majority of different people in our society: Moms, UPS drivers, CEOs, teachers, teenagers—who doesn’t like their Starbucks experience? Service with a smile, customizing your drink to suit your tastes, and promising to re-make it if it’s not to your liking. Love.
Berenice
Sep 28, 2016 Berenice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A ready-to-go list to identify the characteristics that form the well-known Starbucks service, a whole bunch of real examples and a series of questions of how to apply them to your own business.

Speed and exciting lecture.
weiyein
Apr 02, 2008 weiyein rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
THE STARBUCKS EXPERIENCE
5 Principles for turning Ordinary into Extraordinary
By Joseph A. Michelli

Principle 1 – MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Starbucks spends more on training employees than on advertising
Starbucks positioning – the 3rd Home
Customers can to feel unique and special all the time. How can we provide that?
Starbucks is not in the coffee business serving people but in the people business serving coffee
People want to be a part of something that touches their hearts
Green Apron Book helps make Starbuck
Katy
Jul 01, 2016 Katy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even realize I had this on my bookshelves until I was clearing it out. So, along with most of the non-fiction I've read this year, I decided to give this a-go. Honestly, since I am a big coffee drinker especially with Starbucks, the title is what intrigued me the most when I initially bought it and reading it now.

I thought the book was fair. I mean, what do you expect to get from a book that is about a business except a fairly subjective book about said business practices? That said, I
Rock
Sep 21, 2016 Rock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
人工胡海的
Mónica López
Recomendado por el director comercial de la empresa para la cual trabajo, este libro no fue fácil de conseguir. Fui a librería El Día, Sanborns y nada. Llegue a Gandhi y tampoco pero… lo encargue. Me dieron la opción de dejar $50 pesos. Ellos lo mandan traer y te hablan en máximo 8 días para avisarte que tu libro ya está en la tienda. Eso es servicio.

Cuáles son las prácticas/ principios de una de las empresas de café más importantes del mundo.

• Aduéñese. Conozca a su gente, no la limite, y tom
Abigail
Aug 22, 2012 Abigail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La experiencia Starbucks, 5 principios para convertir lo ordinario en Extraordinario
Con los 5 principios del manual del delantal verde de Starbucks tú puedes tomar ideas y aplicarlas a tu propio negocio y, no solamente allí, sino a tu vida en general. El negocio de Starbucks es la gente. Es una empresa socialmente comprometida e interesada en las relaciones interpersonales y en crear una experiencia única a cada cliente que visita alguna de suS tiendas. Si te interesa conocer a fondo estos prin
Josh Miller
Apr 16, 2013 Josh Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not frequent Starbucks on a regular basis; however, I have been intrigued over the years by its success. After reading this book, it is no wonder Starbucks is successful as they have been.

The author is not affiliated with Starbucks in any way other than a Starbucks customer. Every leader could and should learn the principles found in this book and then infuse them into their life practices.

I personally believe every church and pastor could learn truths in this book that would assist them in
  • Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • It's Not About the Coffee: Leadership Principles from a Life at Starbucks
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Pour Your Heart Into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time
  • The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World's Greatest Manufacturer
  • Nuts!
  • Starbucked: A Double Tall Tale of Caffeine, Commerce, and Culture
  • Meatball Sundae: Is Your Marketing out of Sync?
  • The Google Way: How One Company Is Revolutionizing Management as We Know It
  • The Apple Way
  • The Elegant Solution: Toyota's Formula for Mastering Innovation
  • Be Our Guest: Perfecting the art of customer service
  • Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Hire, Keep and Nurture Creative Talent
  • The Big Moo: Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable
  • Creating Customer Evangelists
  • The Rules of Management: A Definitive Code for Managerial Success
  • Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends
  • High Five!: The Magic of Working Together

“Consumers want the predictable and consistent, with an occasional positive twist or added value thrown in. Psychologists who study happiness (the correct psychological/research term is subjective well-being) often talk about the importance of predictability for safety and security (the caramelized popcorn, if you will), mixed with small increments of variety to offset boredom (the prize). Unfortunately, many companies focus too much on the basic ingredients and not enough on adding that extra something that differentiates them from their competition and builds brand loyalty. Starbucks leaders, however, have made a firm commitment to creating an experience of Surprise and Delight in many areas of their business. Starbucks management seeks ways to implement subjective well-being for customers and staff—which, in turn, has a profound effect on loyalty, community, and profit.” 0 likes