Start by marking “Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)

Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack #1)

A trip to Moscow brings Siberian werewolf, Dmitry Volkov, and his pack members out of hiding. He’s looking for answers to the pack’s breeding problems. But he never expected to find them in the delectable Violet Anderson. With rogue werewolves causing problems in the pack, can he bring a fragile human woman home as his mate?
Wildlife photographer Violet Anderson is stoppin
Published January 2012

To ask other readers questions about Alpha's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha's Mate

D Thomas
I know there are some readers out there that like to say "just your typical shifter romance", but I don't feel that way about any shifter romance that I read.

Sure they have a lot in common, but each one has it's own story to tell.

I love the moral of the stories. I love the romance and the feelings that take place. The feelings that they make me feel.

This one is no different for me. If it makes me feel good....then it is a job well done.

Thank you, Caryn for a well put together mini movie in my mi
Mara
Feb 17, 2012 Mara rated it did not like it
Shelves: trash-bin, novella
Flat and unimaginative writing, awkward and stilled dialogue, mono-dimensional characters.
Bridget
Jun 27, 2012 Bridget rated it did not like it
Up and down. No story flow. Overall, not worth it.
SheLove2Read
Feb 06, 2013 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
1/2 star would be being generous.
Trisha
Apr 15, 2013 Trisha rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc-book
I received this book free from the author for an honest review. This is the first time to read any book by Caryn Moya Block. I love a good paranormal romance and this book fit the bill. Alpha's Mate is a good and quick read. Dmitry and Violet sizzle together. There was a good balance of plot and romance. The question of who the rogue wolves are causing problems for the pack and if Violet can accept Dmitry's wolf is the main question of the book. There was many side characters in this book that I ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jul 13, 2015 Angel Hatfield rated it did not like it
Didn't Work For Me **I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review**
Dmitry Volkov is in Moscow to help take down a drug lord. While at a club for the bust, he senses the woman destined to be his soul mate, Violet Anderson. Even though she’s psychic, she’s still human and not used to his shifter ways. When she leaves the next morning, he must find her before the consequences of mates being separated becomes too much for her bare.
I really tried getting into this story. However,
Claudia
Oct 09, 2014 Claudia rated it it was ok
It was just OK. I liked the story but it didn't flow so well for me. Some things were not explained and Violet's reactions were childish for someone with telepathic capabilities/ experience.
Too easy and simple read for me.
Anya
Jul 04, 2014 Anya rated it liked it
Actual Rating 2.5 Stars

It read like a daytime soap opera. The lines got too cheesy at times & the story line was predictable but if you are looking for a light, nothing too serious, fluffy read (which I was) about werewolves you'll enjoy reading this book.
Robin
Mar 01, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
I would give this 3.5 to 4 stars I did enjoy it.
Debbie
Feb 16, 2013 Debbie rated it did not like it
Sandy
Apr 12, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it
ALPHA’S MATE by Caryn Moya Block

ALPHA’S MATE is the first release for indie author Caryn Moya Block. The premise involves the unexpected revelation that psychic human females can be true mates to the shape shifting Siberian wolves of the Russian Pack. With very few females available for the many males, the wolves were going rogue and attacking their own. Hoping to find a solution or die trying, Alpha leader Dmitry Volko vowed he would step aside should no answer be found.

Dmitry Volkov was on ass
Tabitha Barret
May 06, 2015 Tabitha Barret rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

The story is about a Lycan Alpha named Dmitry who finds his mate in a psychic woman named Violet, who is human, to Dmitry’s dismay. He is worried that his family and his pack won’t accept that he is bound to a human, and more concerned that Violet will not accept him once she finds out that he is a Lycan. The story’s main conflict comes from a group of Lycan males who have turned against the pack because there are not enough females for all
Serena Akeroyd
May 11, 2015 Serena Akeroyd rated it really liked it

“I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.”

3.5 stars rounded up to 4

I enjoyed this story. I love a good paranormal and I liked where this was going. There were some unusual concepts in Alpha's Mate, such as a literal gold tie that linked mates and wolves who had sworn a blood fealty to the Alpha. I liked that unusual aspect to the tale. Also, the need for mates in the pack which drove two unsteady guys to murder.
I did feel like the characters were a little two-dimen
Stephanie Wainwright
Jul 07, 2015 Stephanie Wainwright rated it really liked it
Violet Anderson is a wildlife photographer. While in Russia on an assignment, she meets Dmitry Volkov. From the moment they meet there is a strong attraction between Violet and Dmitry. Violet goes with Dmitry to his home in Siberia. There Violet learns that Dmitry is a lycanthrope and the leader of his pack. Can a human adapt to life with a pack of wolves? Will Dmitry’s pack accept Violet into their secretive society?

This was my first book by this author and I must say, I really enjoyed it. The
Elisa
Dec 31, 2013 Elisa rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book enough that I just reread it. Mind you, it was the older edition so I am not sure how much updating was done to this anniversary edition.

I like ALL the characters in the story and the story line is pretty exciting. I wish the dialog was better so I could give it 5 stars. It felt a bit stilted occasionally. I liked how the H/h had to work through some issues to get to their HEA. It wasn't all smooth sailing as they tried to mesh their personalities. The secondary characters a
Suka Babe
Oct 05, 2012 Suka Babe rated it really liked it
I've rated this book 4 stars. I picked it up as I was inbetween a series and although I wasn't keen on the title it was a cheap read and as it turned out a quick read.
For a short story it certainly has all the hallmarks of the kinda books I like to read and the author seemed to be setting up the background story for a series. I haven't checked yet if this is a series I only checked if it was the first book.
Short stories or novellas have to either jump out at me straight away so I would want to
Alyssa
May 22, 2015 Alyssa rated it really liked it
I don't read a lot of paranormal stories so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. The story flowed so well, giving enough details to really create the scene in Moscow and Siberia but without overloading the reader with too much. Although I would have appreciated more information about Violet's background, I imagine more will come in the next books. Overall, an enjoyable read that has me interested in the series.
Kat Piparo
May 17, 2015 Kat Piparo rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

Once I got a few chapters into the book I coulod not put it down I am interested in looking into the other
books in the series

My only minor complaint, is that at times the reading flow was a bit sluggish, and sometimes, scenes were swept
under the carpet without a lot of detail. There also seemed to be a lot of background information left out.
Bex 'n' Books
May 06, 2012 Bex 'n' Books rated it really liked it
For 99c it was an enjoyable read. Whilst I wasn't gripped entirely, I was entertained and wanted to know how the storyline developed. The female lead was refreshing; it was a pleasant change to have a strong woman with powers of her own, rather than a weaker woman who was constantly at war with herself and her desires.
If you enjoy shifter romances, then it's definitely worth a read. Especially at such a bargain price.
Sandra
Jun 06, 2012 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, pnr-uf, own, shifters
I enjoyed the story, a good first effort for an indie author. (I'm presuming less resources) No major typos or misplaced words.

Mostly set in Siberia, a small pack of shapeshifter wolves and a National Geographic photographer. No angst about werewolves was a refreshing change.

I've already got #2.
Ladymcbeth
Not a lot of thing to say except I finished the book even if it was a little boring, so I gave 3 stars.
The story was fast written, some details are missing and the acceptance is too easy.

I don't know if I'll read the second book of the serie !
Tia
Jun 13, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
The story was pretty short but overall it was a plausible and good read. It's a little sad that the series doesn't seem to follow them. The second novel in the series has just came out, so I can only hope it's as good as the first.
Anna
Feb 17, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
This was actually a pretty good story although it was not particularly well written. Quite a few good ideas but unfortunately put together with stilted language and not enough sexual chemistry to make for a really good read.
Taylor
Mar 12, 2013 Taylor rated it it was amazing
Unlike most novels about werewolves, in this wonderful novel the lead female doesn't freak out when she finds out the lead male's secret. Caryn Block was able to write a gripping novel. You won't be disappointed.
Jody Robirds mclane WP
Oct 13, 2015 Jody Robirds mclane WP rated it it was amazing
Going to get the rest, I was enthralled. loved it
SheLove2Read
Nov 01, 2013 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2013
Russian caveman romance, apparently.
Kim Chappell
Dec 29, 2012 Kim Chappell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, purchased
great read I loved it
Ana
May 26, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot. I connected with the characters and felt like I knew them. The only thing is that I wished it had more action on it, but the love story was okay.
Denise Smithson
May 30, 2014 Denise Smithson rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased
Loved it!
Terease
Mar 26, 2013 Terease rated it it was amazing
Totally 4 stars ! I would recommend to anyone looking for a good read.
  • Rescue in the Smokies (Durham Wolves, #1)
  • Kane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #1)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Alpha's Mate (Denver Pack, #1)
  • Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Heart Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #3)
  • A Wolf's Duty (Love Bites, #1)
  • Breakdown Of A Pack (Wyoming Wild #2)
  • Leashed by a Wolf (Shifters of Hillside, #1)
  • Shattered Emotions (Redwood Pack, #5)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • The Claiming (The Pack Claims a Mate, #1)
  • Nessa's Two Shifters (Wolf's Pass Shifters, #1)
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal Book 1)
  • Mate of Her Heart (Wilde Creek, #1)
Caryn Moya Block burst onto the paranormal romance scene with her debut e-book "Alpha's Mate" in January of 2012. Since that time she has published "A Siberian Werewolf in London" and "My Mate's Embrace", been named one of the "Top 50 Indie Authors for April 2012", and won the "Global E-book Awards for 2012" in contemporary romance. Caryn is also one of the contributors to "Interviews with Indie A ...more
More about Caryn Moya Block...

Siberian Volkov Pack (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Siberian Werewolf in London (Siberian Volkov Pack, #2)
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • My Magic Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack #4)
  • A Siberian Werewolf In Paris (Siberian Volkov Pack #5)
  • A Siberian Werewolf Christmas (Siberian Volkov Pack, #6)
  • Wolfe's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #7)
  • Beta's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #8)
  • The Gift of My Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #9)
  • My Perfect Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #10)
  • Shadow Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #11)