Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)

Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  349 ratings  ·  24 reviews
A trip to Moscow brings Siberian werewolf, Dmitry Volkov, and his pack members out of hiding. He’s looking for answers to the pack’s breeding problems. But he never expected to find them in the delectable Violet Anderson. With rogue werewolves causing problems in the pack, can he bring a fragile human woman home as his mate?
Wildlife photographer Violet Anderson is stoppin...more
Published January 2012

D Thomas
I know there are some readers out there that like to say "just your typical shifter romance", but I don't feel that way about any shifter romance that I read.

Sure they have a lot in common, but each one has it's own story to tell.

I love the moral of the stories. I love the romance and the feelings that take place. The feelings that they make me feel.

This one is no different for me. If it makes me feel good....then it is a job well done.

Thank you, Caryn for a well put together mini movie in my mi...more
Mara
Flat and unimaginative writing, awkward and stilled dialogue, mono-dimensional characters.
Bridget
Up and down. No story flow. Overall, not worth it.
Robin
I would give this 3.5 to 4 stars I did enjoy it.
Sherri needs a twin
1/2 star would be being generous.
Sandy
ALPHA’S MATE by Caryn Moya Block

ALPHA’S MATE is the first release for indie author Caryn Moya Block. The premise involves the unexpected revelation that psychic human females can be true mates to the shape shifting Siberian wolves of the Russian Pack. With very few females available for the many males, the wolves were going rogue and attacking their own. Hoping to find a solution or die trying, Alpha leader Dmitry Volko vowed he would step aside should no answer be found.

Dmitry Volkov was on ass...more
Suka Babe
I've rated this book 4 stars. I picked it up as I was inbetween a series and although I wasn't keen on the title it was a cheap read and as it turned out a quick read.
For a short story it certainly has all the hallmarks of the kinda books I like to read and the author seemed to be setting up the background story for a series. I haven't checked yet if this is a series I only checked if it was the first book.
Short stories or novellas have to either jump out at me straight away so I would want to...more
Anna
This was actually a pretty good story although it was not particularly well written. Quite a few good ideas but unfortunately put together with stilted language and not enough sexual chemistry to make for a really good read.
Bex 'n' Books
For 99c it was an enjoyable read. Whilst I wasn't gripped entirely, I was entertained and wanted to know how the storyline developed. The female lead was refreshing; it was a pleasant change to have a strong woman with powers of her own, rather than a weaker woman who was constantly at war with herself and her desires.
If you enjoy shifter romances, then it's definitely worth a read. Especially at such a bargain price.
Ladymcbeth
Not a lot of thing to say except I finished the book even if it was a little boring, so I gave 3 stars.
The story was fast written, some details are missing and the acceptance is too easy.

I don't know if I'll read the second book of the serie !
Tia
The story was pretty short but overall it was a plausible and good read. It's a little sad that the series doesn't seem to follow them. The second novel in the series has just came out, so I can only hope it's as good as the first.
Taylor
Unlike most novels about werewolves, in this wonderful novel the lead female doesn't freak out when she finds out the lead male's secret. Caryn Block was able to write a gripping novel. You won't be disappointed.
Susan Commeford
I liked the story rather well. The love connection was a little rushed but overall still an enjoyable read. I will look for the next in the series to see where the story goes.
Ana
I liked it a lot. I connected with the characters and felt like I knew them. The only thing is that I wished it had more action on it, but the love story was okay.
Ladonna Alexander
This was a good book! Well written and the story was interesting. Looking to see more from the series.
Hasien
I liked this story. I liked that the hero(ine) had issues to work out. They had to learn eah other.
Terease
Totally 4 stars ! I would recommend to anyone looking for a good read.
Kimberly
A little cheesy with the dialog but overall very good.
Fernanda Jacopucci
It looks like a sumary, more than a real book.! Blagh!!!!!!
Sherri needs a twin
Nov 01, 2013 Sherri needs a twin marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2013
Russian caveman romance, apparently.
Amanda
between a 3.5 and 4 couldn't decide.
Kim Chappell
great read I loved it
  • Rescue in the Smokies (Durham Wolves, #1)
  • Shattered Emotions (Redwood Pack, #5)
  • Winter Eve (Ashwood Falls, #0.5)
  • Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5)
  • A Wolf's Duty (Love Bites, #1)
  • Wolf's Magic (Westervelt Wolves, #4)
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Embracing the Wolf (Ritter Werewolves, #2)
  • The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)
  • The Alpha's Choice (The Wolvers, #2)
  • Kane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #1)
  • Ryland (Golden Streak, #1)
  • To Tempt a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #2)
  • Wicked Werewolf Secret (Werewolf Society, #2)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
Caryn Moya Block burst onto the paranormal romance scene with her debut e-book "Alpha's Mate" in January of 2012. Since that time she has published "A Siberian Werewolf in London" and "My Mate's Embrace", been named one of the "Top 50 Indie Authors for April 2012", and won the "Global E-book Awards for 2012" in contemporary romance. Caryn is also one of the contributors to "Interviews with Indie A...more
More about Caryn Moya Block...
A Siberian Werewolf in London (Siberian Volkov Pack, #2) My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3) My Magic Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack #4) A Siberian Werewolf In Paris (Siberian Volkov Pack #5) A Siberian Werewolf Christmas (Siberian Volkov Pack Romance)