Moonspun Magic

Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  1,143 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Dear Listener: Moonspun Magic is the third book in the series, first published in 1988. You've already met Rafael Carstairs, the mysterious sea captain who worked against Napoleon in Calypso Magic. He's a civilian now and traveling to see his twin brother, Damien Carstairs Baron Drago, in Cornwell. In the middle of a moonless night, Rafael rescues a young girl, Victoria Ab...more
Audio CD
Published January 1st 2012 by Brilliance Audio (first published August 1988)

Kari
I think I liked Moonspun Magic the best out of the Magic trilogy. I had liked Rafael's character in the previous book, Calypso Magic. It was nice to see that he wasn't really a pirate, but a spy for the government. While a bit naive, Victoria give Rafael a run for his money. I thought they were well matched. Since this is a trilogy, the characters from the first two books show up in this one. It is always nice to "catch up" with familiar characters. Ms. Coulter has also added in a very evil char...more
Amanda Caswell
While fleeing the advances of her brother-in-law, she runs into his identical twin brother. While trying to repair the family rift, they stumble upon a mystery involving a revival of the Hell Fire Club. The story was sweet, the sex easy to skip, and the mystery rather intriguing. The denouement was rather fast, and the quick change of the villain almost unbelievable, but it was an enjoyable read. On an interesting side note, this was the second book I picked up at the library that week which inv...more
Rachel (Sfogs)
Saddly as this book was sent to me (with a pile of others) from overseas it's unlikely that I'll ever be able to read the first two books in this series. They aren't even in the library!

This was a great story though at times a bit predictable, and the amount of times I wanted to reach into the story and shake Victoria and tell her to "just show him the damn leg" were uncountable.
Marian
I read this back in the early 90s and only vaguely remember Captain Rafael Carstairs. I haven't begun it yet...it's on my too-read-next table.

Coulter was rather harder on her heroines during these years. I found myself wanted to slug Rafael frequently.
Michael
The hero and heroine were okay, but the villain did some horrible things and got away scot-free. He really needed to get what was coming to him and I was disappointed that he didn't.
Debbie Loflin
These books are fast reads and full of controversy to keep me interested. I can't believe I am reading love stories...lol
Thenia
A bit disjointed at times and overly dramatic, this is the story of the good vs. bad twin and the woman in between. A secret perverted club added, whose leader is a mystery I figured out early on, and misunderstandings and highhandedness and pride that make the main hero and heroine fight quite a bit, prolonging the drama.

It has its good moments but it's not a story I would want to re-read.
Sandra
Victoria and Rafael.
Ty
I was wondering how it was that I read book 1 and 2 in the series and hadn't read the 3rd book Moonspun Magic. Now I know why I don't enjoy reading about clans and how this one was basically raping virgins. I had a hard time understanding how a father would get paid to have the gang take him virgin daughter for the night.
Chris
Two major issues: The H spent the majority of the book proud of his ability to control his wife through sex, since wives, like children and ship crews, need to be kept in their places. The evil twin villain enjoys gang raping YOUNG virgins, but in the end he's not all that bad? What!?
Brittany
I feel jealous of this girl in this book I mean two twins, curvy body, everybody wants her, and yet she only dates the one twin! Oh, but what an interesting story plot! Very good book! I do recommend this book so READ IT!!
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Ooh, I liked Rafael. He's the good twin. Although Damien is a lovely name too. Victoria and Rafael together was sweet. The usual good HEA story I've come to expect from Ms. Coulter. This is an enjoyable Sunday afternoon read.
Megan
Rafael and Victoria...and Damien...and the hellfire club. Lord, so many stories come together and it works. I swear, I love Catherine.
Deb8coach Adams
enjoyed it. quick read. wanted to hit the male protagonist over the heada few times for being supremely male, coulter nails that!
Lesli
Typical historical. Good/evil twins. A Hell Fire club. As is typical for CC, the previous characters show up in this book.
Luz Adriana
I enjoyed this book, though it was the third of the series. I think i am going back and read the first and second.
Kathy
Evil twin, secret societies, physical deformity revealed after the wedding! This book was a hoot!
Katherine ang
The least likable book of catherine coulter. I didn't even finish the book.
Edwena
Edwena marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Amy Klima
Amy Klima marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Caroleequinton
Caroleequinton marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Pamela
Pamela added it
Jul 04, 2014
Gabyw
Gabyw marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Paradise Wild
  • Impulse
  • The Enchanted Land
  • Petals in the Storm (Fallen Angels, #2; Regency, #2)
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
  • Vanity (V, #7)
  • Defiant Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #2)
  • The Outlaw Hearts
  • Deception
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
  • My Only Love
  • A Touch of Sin (St. John-Duras, #4)
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Point Blank (FBI Thriller, #10) Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7)