Christmas Runaway

Christmas Runaway

2.89 of 5 stars 2.89  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A romantic Christmas story about a teenage runaway and the woman who finds her - taking place on Vancouver Island.
Kindle Edition, first , 10 pages
Published December 6th 2011 by Mimi Barbour

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Runaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Runaway

Sheila
This was a little unbelievable story from the start to the end I felt. {Spoiler Alert} From the lady spending the whole day out shopping, eating, airport (with her dog?)to her dog finding the teenager, carrying the teenager back to the car, to the father finding them and inviting them and feeding them at her house. Then at the end they fall in love! Really? This all happens in one day/night.
Donna
The first time being a single mom you make the decision to let your only son stay with a friend over the holidays, cause it would be so cool to be in Hawaii. So you plan dinner and a movie after you drop Kai at the airport. Everything went well you got all dressed up and you feel pretty but the movie ran a little later than you thought. Oh no, the weather has turned into a snow storm. You even felt sorry for you for dog, Pegi a Samoyed and took it with you too. On the way back Pegi starts acting...more
Theta Sigma
Another freebie from the lovely peeps at Amazon and the main story for this one starts with lead character Sara being stuck in a snow drift thanks to her dog. When the dog runs away, she literally runs into a teenager by the name of Amy who has recently moved due to her father's job and who has run away from her father because of said job.

This is a nice little Christmas family drama which is longer than the ten pages advertised on Amazon and took me around four days on and off reading due to wor...more
MissyDevoursDelishReads
Christmas Runaway by author Mimi Barbour is a heartwarming little holiday edition I downloaded as an Amazon freebie. This is indeed rather short, I as the reader wished there was more, however it is a lead up to the next book, mind you. A sampling was also included at the end, & I would follow up I believe I have it on my Kindle. Fan girl right here. I love my Mimi Barbour reads!
Kylie Stoneburner
Patti Trantham
I liked it and felt many of the reviews harsh. Totally plausible plot for a 'happily-ever-after' short story.The abrupt ending could be improved by an epilogue -- Kai assists Amy's social entry at school and on the soccer field, Pegi gets a canine pal, and Jack and Sara tie the matrimonial knot. Very few grammatical/spelling errors in this one. Overall, a nice way to spend an hour with coffee and biscotti.
April
I would have actually liked to read more of this story. It started off pretty promising and just as it was getting you hooked, it's over. The main character and the girl's father got "involved" much to quickly. Had it been a longer book, it could have been extended for a better, more realistic, heart warming Christmas love story. That says a lot considering I don't usually like romances. lol
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is the same author that wrote "Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitudes)". I didn't realise it when I started reading it although it quickly became apparent as there are similarities to both stories. If you like this book then you will like that one, and vice versa. For me, they are both a bit too mediocre. Pleasant enough but nothing to grab and keep hold of my attention.
Paige
Cute enough but even for a short story not nearly enough development with the characters or the story or romance. To me the romance was kind of phoned in and not really believable. I didn't hate it but it was just okay.
Literary  Chanteuse
An enjoyable short story that surprises you with a not so usual circumstances for a holiday book. Also a reminder to treasure your loved ones especially this time of year.
Mimi Barbour
Jan 05, 2012 Mimi Barbour rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This was a romantic short story about a teenage runaway lost in a freak snowstorm and the woman who finds her and then the frantic father who has to rescue them both.
Lillie
This was very short, so there wasn't much room for a long romance, but the couple fell in love very quickly. Even so, it was an enjoyable, heart-warming story.
Darcysmom
This was a sweet short story. I would have given it a higher rating if the author had devoted a couple more pages to developing the characters.
Adriana Bookologist
Nov 03, 2012 Adriana Bookologist marked it as to-read
Shelves: amazon, i-own, e-book
Free 11/3/12 at Amazon
Beverly
Cute little feel good story
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jun 22, 2014
D'eBook  Sharing
D'eBook Sharing marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Tasha Turner
Tasha Turner marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Letitia Davis
Letitia Davis marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Skye
Skye added it
May 09, 2014
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A word from the Author of The Vicarage Bench Series / Angels with Attitude Series / Vegas Series.
I’ve taken early retirement on Vancouver Island to spend my days and many nights hovering over my computer and spinning the stories that have been vying for my attention over the years.
My husband is supportive, drags me out to feed me and plans occasional forays into the outside world. I have a son w...more
More about Mimi Barbour...
Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3) My Cheeky Angel (Angels with Attitude, #1) His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2) The Surrogate's Secret Partners (Vegas, #1)