Start by marking “The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce” as Want to Read:
The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce

The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce is missing five years of his life.

His obsessive compulsive disorder is the only relic of that forgotten childhood, his memories beginning with his adoptive family. When an unexpected package shows up on his front step, however, Nicholas’ missing youth comes knocking. Finding nothing but a locked box and cryptic note that instructs him to ask his birth paren
Published December 26th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce

Lexie
Sep 29, 2012 Lexie rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-published
Just go ahead and read this review. Also, I don't like books that have lies in their titles, for this Tale was not "Extraordinary" at all.

Mendhak
Jan 08, 2012 Mendhak rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This book entertains in its simplicity. There was a warmth in the human relations which made this a pleasure to read. Above all though, I liked how straightforward, likeable and believable the characters were. Fantastic work.
Antriksh
Jan 08, 2012 Antriksh rated it liked it
I don't normally read such adventure books. I am more into thrillers and sci-fi. However, "The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce" really stood out to me as a remarkable piece of work. It's simplicity is everything. It truly incites fascination in human relations.

First of all, the characters were quite interesting. I am not saying that character development was truly immaculate, but it was good. I had a hard time picturing what certain characters looked like. What clothes were they wearing? W
Lori Henrich
Mar 06, 2012 Lori Henrich rated it liked it
Nicholas can't remember anything before he was 6 years old. He was adopted and his earliest memory was with his adopted parents. Nicolas suffers from OCD, but is able to keep his quirks pretty well under control. One day he receives a mysterious box in the mail with a note signed from an uncle Nathan. Nicolas decides to go in search of his birth parents along with a friend who works as a barista.

I pretty much enjoyed the story. I think the part when the get mugged by what was supposed to be Mor
Dustin Sullivan
Aug 15, 2016 Dustin Sullivan rated it it was ok
The writing was very concise and there was a lot more telling than showing. I would chalk this up to the main character being socially stunted, but there a couple of passages told from other character's points of view and it's written the same way.
There wasn't anything very extraordinary about this tale. It moved along at a good pace, so I didn't get bored with it. It could definitely benefit from a proofreaders to catch all of the grammatical mistakes.
Kurt Lieber
Apr 25, 2012 Kurt Lieber rated it did not like it
Shelves: disliked
In short: awful. The story composition was jagged and the prose was simplistic. Additionally, the "tale" wasn't really all that "extraordinary". One of the worst books I've read in quite a long time.
Beverly
Jan 17, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this although I have to say that I didn't like the way it ended, didn't hate the ending it just wasn't what I was expecting. Overall--I enjoyed the fact that considering the story was dealing with a guy who had a problem with OCD, there were a lot of unexpected twists and turns.
Shannon Forsyth
Jan 08, 2012 Shannon Forsyth rated it liked it
Interesting story with a good character. Could have used a little bit more "depth". I wanted to know more about Jessica and more about the characters that were just brushed upon along the way.
Matt
Feb 11, 2012 Matt rated it liked it
Not a bad read, it was easy and concise. I found it got better as the story went on, and maybe leaves you with a few questions unanswered.
Christina
May 12, 2014 Christina rated it did not like it
Most misleading title. Ever.
Rick
Feb 25, 2012 Rick rated it did not like it
Disappointing. The characters are interesting, and there are some good aspects to the story, but the writing is only mediocre, and the pacing is uneven.
Jacob
Jacob rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Will
Will rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Casey
Casey rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Cassie
Cassie rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2014
Rylee
Rylee rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Nick Baker
Nick Baker rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Dj Brokaw
Dj Brokaw rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Mac Rost
Mac Rost rated it liked it
May 17, 2014
Annab
Annab rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2012
Capa
Capa rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Cv
Cv rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Andrei
Andrei rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014