The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce

The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Nicholas Pierce is missing five years of his life.

His obsessive compulsive disorder is the only relic of that forgotten childhood, his memories beginning with his adoptive family. When an unexpected package shows up on his front step, however, Nicholas’ missing youth comes knocking. Finding nothing but a locked box and cryptic note that instructs him to ask his birth paren...more
Published December 26th 2011

Lexie
Just go ahead and read this review. Also, I don't like books that have lies in their titles, for this Tale was not "Extraordinary" at all.

Antriksh
I don't normally read such adventure books. I am more into thrillers and sci-fi. However, "The Extraordinary Tale of Nicholas Pierce" really stood out to me as a remarkable piece of work. It's simplicity is everything. It truly incites fascination in human relations.

First of all, the characters were quite interesting. I am not saying that character development was truly immaculate, but it was good. I had a hard time picturing what certain characters looked like. What clothes were they wearing? W...more
Lori Henrich
Nicholas can't remember anything before he was 6 years old. He was adopted and his earliest memory was with his adopted parents. Nicolas suffers from OCD, but is able to keep his quirks pretty well under control. One day he receives a mysterious box in the mail with a note signed from an uncle Nathan. Nicolas decides to go in search of his birth parents along with a friend who works as a barista.

I pretty much enjoyed the story. I think the part when the get mugged by what was supposed to be Mor...more
Christina
Most misleading title. Ever.
Mendhak
This book entertains in its simplicity. There was a warmth in the human relations which made this a pleasure to read. Above all though, I liked how straightforward, likeable and believable the characters were. Fantastic work.
Kurt Lieber
In short: awful. The story composition was jagged and the prose was simplistic. Additionally, the "tale" wasn't really all that "extraordinary". One of the worst books I've read in quite a long time.
Shannon Forsyth
Interesting story with a good character. Could have used a little bit more "depth". I wanted to know more about Jessica and more about the characters that were just brushed upon along the way.
Rick
Disappointing. The characters are interesting, and there are some good aspects to the story, but the writing is only mediocre, and the pacing is uneven.
Matt
Not a bad read, it was easy and concise. I found it got better as the story went on, and maybe leaves you with a few questions unanswered.
Aberinkulas
Aberinkulas marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Kelly Barrera
Kelly Barrera marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kamal Yagubov
Kamal Yagubov marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Lisah
Lisah marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Billy Gallagher
Billy Gallagher marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Fernando Calleja
Fernando Calleja marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Phi Lam
Phi Lam marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Christy Parker
Christy Parker marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Mandar
Mandar marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Alan Friesen
Alan Friesen marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014