Heart Of A Cowboy

Heart Of A Cowboy

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Abused, Jessica ran for her life. When she stumbled onto the homestead she did not think to find help there - or the fierce looking cowboy with the deep, drawling voice. She was in trouble and she needed his protection, but could she trust herself enough not to fall in love? Discover the flame that burns within her as she witnesses what happens when true love burns within...more
Published by SmashWords

To ask other readers questions about Heart Of A Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Of A Cowboy

Shelly
This felt like it should have been a full length novel. It was choppy and lots of details were either skimmed over or completely left out. We're not told when the story takes place, or where (a pet peeve of mine), but it becomes pretty obvious it's a western, around the turn of the century most likely. The main characters feel a little short changed, I liked them, but there's not much to go on personality wise. It's a clichéd theme, with the heroine, Jessica running from her ex-fiancée abuser, b...more
Celine
I'm unsure as to when this is set... Screaming early 1900s, but the author slips up and uses the term Levi's. Unless the company was made in 1901, the atmosphere breaks.

Also, you make up Jessie to be a slightly posh girl but at the end, she's talkin' like one of 'em county fellers. I suppose it is plausible to take on the speech of her partner, but it didn't feel right.

Although I did enjoy the book, it felt like it went from novel in the first two chapters to fanfiction thereafter. As soon as Bi...more
Donna
This was a Free eBook I read on the Nook. The story is very short with only 112 pages so the story was a little rushed to me.

Amanda
I wanted this to develop a little bit more and be a novel instead of the short story it is. So much potential is just sitting here waiting to be unleashed.
Some of the better points of this story are: it's a super fast book with a really interesting story line. The characters are fun (I just wish there was more). For being free or $1 (I can't remember) it is worth picking up for quick entertainment.
Nicole
This is the first of Reeyce Smythe Wilder's works that I have read. I cannot wait to discover more of her works. This story was a wonderful find. It is wonderfully told, the characters are easily relatable, and the scenes are described with details that entice the reader. I could not put it down! There were a few format errors, and could use a hint more setting details, but overall I enjoyed.
Peni
Sep 19, 2013 Peni rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young adult up
Enjoyed this fairly short story. The story started off well, immediately catching my attention. Then continue it at good pace through to the end with a good conclusion. It was nice not to be left hanging but also to know there is a follow up if desired. I will be looking into that.

I felt the characterization was solid. A all around good tight story. Well done Ms Wilder.
MM Roethig
What a sweet, short story. I picked this book as a quick read for the day and was pleasantly surprised. I loved how this story came together, I loved Jessi and Bishop and how their relationship developed. I also loved Pete and Jake as extras in this book. I read this book in two hours, very short read, but a sweet read and worth the time.
Big
This is one of those books you won't what to put it down and when it ends you will want it to keep going.
I liked the strong rolls of the men. They took care of their women matter what the cost to them selves.
I hope Wilder will write a sequel about the other brothers.
Deb
Another historical western short story [112 pages] -- not bad, but FILLED with "ly's" -- that drives me bonkers. Slowly, tenderly, passionately, etc. Ly's are the easy way out. If the author can get around them, she'll have a decent career as a storyteller.
Tina
Ok first chapter missing so a little jarring to get into story. Seems like stuff missing in plot and while sweet stories are ok it just was no lead up to the romance or any real connection between the characters. Could have been a lot better.
Cas
Just a nice short story.
Its about an abused runaway fiance who finds the cowboy hero. Said hero protects her from her abusive ex fiance and the insta-love happens. Then its the oh so original cowboy romance story. It was alright.
Maria
This read more like a sketch than a fleshed-out novel. The highlights are there but nothing to make it seem real. For many, this would be enough and the story line is okay, so go for it if that's all you need in a book.
Vianey
I loved the story line to this book I wish it was longer it did seem a little choppy in some areas and wished it gave more detail but I enjoyed the concept of it. Just wish their was more to it.
Donna
This was a full outright enjoyable book and the good guy ??? well you have to read to find out. But if you do and you like westerns you will not be able to put this down. ENJOY!!!

4/17/12
Christina
Super quick read. Could be a good basis for a much longer, much more involved story. I don't tend to enjoy reads that are too quick, and are over before characters are developed.
Marcella
Was an ok story that felt rushed and could have been developed more....it had moments of greatness but was just too short
Marla
Another quick nice little romance story.
Monet
Good quick read!
♠~Dawn~♠
free at bn.com
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014