Start by marking “Desire Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #6)” as Want to Read:
Desire Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #6)

Desire Becomes Her (Becomes Her #6)

A Perilous Temptation

Gillian Dashwood's wastrel husband wagered away her fortune. His scandalous murder ruined her reputation. Even still, she'll do whatever it takes to protect her beloved elderly uncle from Lucien Joslyn, the cool-headed gambler whose reasons for coming to the country are as mysterious as his newfound fortune. Once Lucien makes it clear he is certain Gil
Published June 26th 2012 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Desire Becomes Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire Becomes Her

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jul 16, 2012 Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews rated it really liked it
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Desire Becomes Her by Shirlee Busbee is the first book I have read by her. It was a great visit back to historical England. I’m a huge historical novels fan, and I enjoyed this one.

The book opens with a prologue that was kind of a bang. Gillian Dashwood’s husband gambled away not only her fortune but HER too. He gave a Lord the opportunity to have her for a night, but didn’t even tell her that when he takes her to the party. That night ends with
Monica
I won this book through Library Thing's Early Reviewers program. I have never read Shirlee Busbee before. I found Shirlee's writing style easy to follow and read.

Desire Becomes Her is a historical romance. The main characters are the Joslyn family and Gillian Dashwood and her relatives. Gillian is a widow and is thought to be a murderess. Luc Joslyn is a gambler that meets Gillian and is smitten right from the start. Gillian worries about what the ton think of her and doesn't trust Luc because h
AerinLuvs
This one was the last in the series. It was not as well-written as her previous books in this series, and I felt like the plot and action was a bit tedious in places, I usually found these books impossible to put down until I've finished it, but this one I had a hard time finishing, it just dragged in places. I found the gambling to be a bit tiresome for some reason.
Nessa
Jul 10, 2016 Nessa rated it really liked it
THIS ONE WAS SURPRISINGLY ENJOYABLE!

You don't know how glad I am to find another pair of Busbee H/h who are not like her Louisiana series characters. Luc and Gillian were actually pretty sweet, albeit it was something of a whirlwind romance.

OUR HERO is a rather good man, also a gambler but nothing like Gillian's ex-husband. As the beginning of the story was long winded, I skimmed to the good parts at the middle and I find Luc to be a very loving husband and caring lover. Theres not much about
Lindy
Jul 15, 2012 Lindy rated it it was ok
This started out good but I found myself losing interest in the smuggling plotline about half way through the book. It overshadowed the romance. There were also a lot of characters to keep straight, and while I believe this can be enjoyed as a standalone book, reading the previous books would probably be helpful.

I received a free copy of this book as part of the Early Reviewers program on the LibraryThing web site.
Crystal
Dec 22, 2015 Crystal rated it really liked it
Good plot, but the resolution is partly missing. This is the first Busbee book I've read so maybe that's because this is part of a series. I liked the characters, especially Luc. The heroine's issues with gambling seem a little over he top and it seems the author makes a LOT of things in the story blue. Not sure why that stood out so much, but it seemed like every other article of clothing or piece of furniture described was blue.
Priscilla
Jan 06, 2013 Priscilla rated it really liked it
This is one of the best Historical Romances that I have ever read. The characters were well developed and interesting. The same can be said for the storyline. I do have to say, the back cover blurb did not make this book seem all that interesting. Which is why I put off reading it for so long. It does not do the story justice, at all. I am happy I finally gave it a chance, despite my initial misgivings!
Kelley
Jun 01, 2012 Kelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Novel courtesy of Goodreads.com Giveaway

When I received this novel, I thought I wouldn't like it at all because the cover and title make it sound like a romance novel. While it was a romance novel, I found it to be engrossing. The story and characters were very well developed. I found it a wonderful read!
Heather
Jun 07, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Not as fluffy as I was expecting. Different plots and lots of characters. For me, it was a good quiet evening read. You will enjoy it more if you read some of her previous books first. The only reason that I didn't give four stars was that I would have liked more romance and less intrigue- just a personal preference.
Virginia
Aug 30, 2013 Virginia rated it liked it
I'm starting to really like Busbee's writing and stories. I'll have to check out the rest of her books (hopefully, there will be many). My only quibble was for the editor to edit out the many "azure eyes" references. I get it. His eyes, as well as his relations, are azure. No more of that word now, please.
Michele
May 31, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from goodreads.. Loved this book. There was a few times where I was a little confused with the changes of point of view though. I live the building of characters and all the details she uses. This would definitely be a book I read again!
Tricia
Oct 05, 2014 Tricia rated it really liked it
This seems to be final book in this series so far; I've enjoyed all of them and look forward to reading more of this author's books.
Christine
Jun 27, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Pretty good story, easy fats read for a rainy day...enjoyed....
TJ
Mar 19, 2012 TJ rated it liked it
3.5/5.0

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, May/June 2012 issue.
Maudlouise
Maudlouise rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2012
Cc
Cc rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Dusty
Dusty rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
Tamara
Tamara rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Lauramar
Lauramar rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Stavroula Kalantzis
Stavroula Kalantzis rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Pat Myers
Pat Myers rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Nora
Nora rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2013
Kourtney Wilkinson
Kourtney Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
siriusedward
siriusedward rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 09, 2017 12:43PM
  • Too Tempting to Resist (Lords of Midnight, #2)
  • For the Love of a Soldier
  • To Seduce a Scoundrel (Secrets & Scandals #3)
  • Much Ado About Rogues (Blackthorn Brothers, #3)
  • Charmed, I'm Sure
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • A Tale of Two Lovers (The Writing Girls, #2)
  • The Conquest of Lady Cassandra (Fairbourne Quartet, #2)
  • With All My Heart
  • Two Shades of Seduction Box Set (Love’s Revenge & Love’s Portrait)
  • In the Barrister's Bed (Regency Barrister, #2)
  • The Devil DeVere Volume I
  • Her Reluctant Groom (The Grooms, #2)
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • The King's Mistress
  • The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)
  • Pickpocket Countess
  • Trail of Kisses (Hot on the Trail, #1)
Shirlee Elaine was born 9 August 1941 in San Jose, California, USA. She was the first daughter of a career naval officer, later she had two sisters and three brothers, they raised traveling the world. She went to the institute in Kentri, Morocco, after which she returned to California and she went to Burbank Bussines College of Santa Rosa, where she received a certificate in 1962.

Shirlee married w
More about Shirlee Busbee...

Becomes Her (6 books)
  • Scandal Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #1)
  • Seduction Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #2)
  • Surrender Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #3)
  • Passion Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #4)
  • Rapture Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #5)