Start by marking “Fox Hunt” as Want to Read:
Fox Hunt

Fox Hunt

Robert Rees, full-time librarian, part-time art restorer, is called in to finish a commission when his father goes into hospital – a pair of Elizabethan portraits on oak panelling, Adam Courtney and Ann Darcy. Trouble is, there’s more interest in the paintings than Rob ever bargained for; a lot of people want to get their hands on such priceless treasures, and they’re not ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Manifold Press

To ask other readers questions about Fox Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox Hunt

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
440 books — 639 voters
Muscling Through by J.L. MerrowPressure Head by J.L. MerrowScrap Metal by Harper FoxThe Magpie Lord by K.J. CharlesGlitterland by Alexis  Hall
Very British MM
437 books — 307 voters

More lists with this book...

Simsala
Jan 05, 2012 Simsala rated it liked it
3,5 stars

A solid mystery/crime story that I would have liked better without the surprising paranormal twist.The lighthearted,funny overtone of the story got lost at that point...
Karen
Aug 21, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Ok so I read the blurb and then I read the book. I really, really liked the book. The story flowed well, the characters were...well some of them were just that characters, overall it was an excellent fun read. I'm not going to go too much into what the books about because...well, really you can read the blurb and it will tell you about the story. What I'm going to say is this story took some surprising twist and turns in some very well plotted out ways and I really enjoy it when an author take m ...more
Grammy 1
Jun 12, 2012 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
When you pick up a book, having no idea what it is about, other than you have received it as a submission by a new author, it is so thrilling when it is wonderful. It’s like opening a present and it is exactly to what you need... Fox Hunt by Chris Quinton was just that book.

It became a mystery, a love story and for this short novel it gave me one hundred per cent satisfaction. Robert Rees, works as a full-time librarian. He also indulges in his love being an art restorer. His father does this a
Elisa Rolle
Aug 13, 2013 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Idamus
Jun 29, 2012 Idamus rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m, did-not-finish
Gabbi
Mar 17, 2012 Gabbi rated it it was amazing

The blurb is pretty straightforward about what the premise of what Fox Hunt is about, so I won’t spend much time rehashing it. I also do not want to spoil any of interesting twists and turns the plot has throughout this book, so l’m going to tread lightly here without hopefully giving too much away.

Robert Rees thinks he’s an ordinary guy with an ordinary life, but when he’s asked to restore two portraits, Robert won’t believe he lives an average life ever a
T.A. Webb
Apr 19, 2012 T.A. Webb rated it it was amazing
When Robert Rees is called home to see his dad, who's taken a nasty spill and is hospitalized, the last thing he expects is to have to help around his house. Especially when it's involving restoring some artwork the old man accepted on commission.

Seems there are two panels that look to be pretty valuable, and perhaps of questionable provenance, and more than one person is interested in them. After a break-in and a visit by two guys who can only be called hired muscle, Robert is a bit concerned.
Mandapanda
Jan 29, 2012 Mandapanda rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Interesting story of Robert Rees, who is helping out his sick father by restoring some old paintings. Rob's brother thinks there is something fishy about their father's accident and organises a friend to keep an eye on Rob while he's staying at his father's old house. But the friend (the very handsome Fox) adds even more mystery to the situation.

I like the mystery and the unexpected paranormal twist. The bad guy, Wendlow is satisfyingly creepy. Rob's family, including his curmudgeonly father, hi
Julie Bozza
Feb 24, 2012 Julie Bozza rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. A good clean writing style conveys the ordinary twisting around into the extraordinary with nary a slip.

I enjoy certain combinations of characters, and this includes one of my favourites for romances. The POV character is a 'regular guy' who fears he's living too small a life, and underestimates the attractiveness of his innate decency and strength. The love interest is someone intriguingly different, and the sort who might have anyone - but he's wise enough to know what
Lady*M
Jan 05, 2012 Lady*M rated it really liked it
Almost, but not quite 4 stars.

Good writing, a nice dose of humor, likable characters. I had my suspicions about Fox, so I wasn't that surprised when the twist was revealed. I do agree with some reviewers that paranormal element wasn't necessary, at least all that brainwashing got old really fast and felt like an easy way out. But, I liked Fox and I liked Robert and they worked well together. Maybe, if the author gave us more of Rob's crazy family instead of (view spoiler)
MLE
Dec 27, 2013 MLE rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-archive, mm
Not a bad book, but I just found myself really bored. The mystery never fully engaged me, and the supernatural twist was just more of the same old same old (view spoiler). I liked the balance between the characters, but something kept me from really caring about them, or their predicament.
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Mhoopster
Mhoopster rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Aussie54
Aussie54 rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2012
Ignis
Ignis rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2012
G
G rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Anatheia
Anatheia rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2014
May
May rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
Blake
Blake rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2012
Portia
Portia rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Pippii
Pippii rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2012
Susan rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Andrea
May 30, 2016 Andrea rated it really liked it
Very good and I'd love to read more about these characters!
MLS
MLS rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Chris started creating stories not long after she mastered joined-up writing, somewhat to the bemusement of her parents and her English teachers. But she received plenty of encouragement. Her dad gave her an already old Everest typewriter when she was about ten, and it was probably the best gift she'd ever received – until the inventions of the home-computer and the worldwide web.

Chris's reading
More about Chris Quinton...