Start by marking “The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)

The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels #2)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  182 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Brendan Clarkson and Luciana Rossetti are perfectly matched. Yin and yang. Angel and demon. Man and woman. But only one of them can win the battle of wills, of strength and of desire.
Published August 28th 2012 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Brandon was once a human who was killed by a shot in the back. Now he helps capture rogue demons and save mankind. Luciana is one of the rogue demons that Brandon is sent to capture. There is instant chemistry between this angel and this demon. Will their story end with a happy ending or a tragic one?

Opening Sentence: Who will it be?

The Review:

This book was interesting but personally not one of my favorite books. Brandon Clarkson was once h
Cheryl
Oct 14, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Luciana Rossetti is a demon. She made a deal with the devil that she would get to stay out of hell if she gave a human sacrifice every year. Luciana is also trouble. That is why ex-cop and new angel, Brandon Clarkson has vowed to stop Luciana. Once Brandon sees Luciana he is charmed by her beauty both in the day time and in his dreams.

The Demoness of Waking Dreams is the second of the Company of Angel books. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. I became a fan of Mrs. Chong's when I rea
Christi Snow
Aug 30, 2012 Christi Snow rated it it was ok
My Review:

C-
I adored the first book in this series because it showed the fine line that exists between good and evil. I hated this book for the same reason. In this book, the hope that existed from the first book was vanquished. Everything was just slightly more tipped towards the evil side and there were no happy outcomes...NONE. As a romance reader, that isn't something that I can accept. I need something positive to walk away with...that's why I read romance. This book didn't give it to me.

W
Rory O'Connor
Dec 30, 2012 Rory O'Connor rated it really liked it
Tough cop Brendan Clarkson is working undercover in one of Detroit’s most dangerous neighborhoods. Despite an ominous feeling that he just can’t shake, he proceeds to investigate a warehouse when he realizes someone is following him. Before he even has a chance to find out, his whole body feels like it explodes. As he lies dying, he prays to the patron saint of police officers. St. Michael hears his plea and saves him - by turning him into an angel. Brendan quickly learns there is so much more i ...more
Romancing the Book
Feb 17, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Reviewed by Jen
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I have some really mixed feelings about this book. In some ways I really liked it… but in others I was just do disappointed. After having read book one, I was excited to tackle this one. But my disappointment is making this a very hard review to write.

So, on one hand we have Brandon. He was a Chicago cop who was murdered while undercover and then he became an angel. He’s never gotten over his murder
Griz Girl
Sep 04, 2015 Griz Girl rated it liked it
Ok, I can now see why Stephanie Chong has never published anything more--just the two books in the "Company of Angels" series. The first book was good...a nice happy ending all around.

This second book, however, really sucked me in & I was totally rooting for the hero & heroine. And then the ending...totally...sucked. Seriously, I was SOOOO disappointed in the lackluster not-happy ending.

If she managed to write a happy ending for an Archdemon & a new Angel in Where Demons Fear To Tr
GONZA
Aug 29, 2012 GONZA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rivalie (Forever Obsession)
Jan 20, 2014 Rivalie (Forever Obsession) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
First of all, I have to say that while I would choose Where Demons Fear to Tread first any day, but Demoness has definitely made it's mark on me and joined my list of favorite books.

I'm going to do a little comparison first between the two books just because. Where Demons Fear to Tread focuses a lot on redemption and finding the way back to God after you've "fallen." It also focuses a ton on love. I mean, my favorite quote from that book: Love. Love is where demons fear to tread. Demoness of Wak
Kristi Cook
Sep 13, 2012 Kristi Cook rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
LOVED! A fabulous series. :o)
Paranormal Romance
Melissa
Oct 19, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series. Where Demons Fear To Tread is the first book. Luciana is the demoness we meet in the first book. One who seems evil to the core. Her perchant for poisons makes her as dangerous as any arch-demon not just for mortals, but for the immortals walking the earth. She has developed a poison that could even harm them. This is why she was targeted and became a top priority for capture. Unfortunately, it seems that some angels want more than her capture. Luckily for ...more
Paranormal Haven

The demon Luciana escaped the company of angels, and fled back to her home in Venice. She went back to give her yearly sacrifice to the devil. Brendan is sent to capture Luciana. They believe she has a poison strong enough to kill angel and demon alike. Brendan has to recapture her, and there is some talk of destroying her. Brendan has never failed at a mission, but when he sees how beautiful demonic Luciana is things get complicated.

The Demoness of Waking Dreams is number two in Chong
Angela
Aug 25, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
I started reading this book and quickly realized that this was book 2 of a series (if you've ever read any of my reviews you know I do this quite often). So, to get the full effect of the story I put this one down and downloaded the first book, Where Demons Fear to Tread, and read it and I'm very happy I did. I got more of a sense of how deliciously wicked Luciana Rossetti really is. And in the first book she is an evil bitch, there's really no other way to say it. I wasn't sure I was going to l ...more
Alicia
Aug 20, 2012 Alicia rated it really liked it
The Demoness of Waking Dream was a very dark and enthralling read. I loved that while reading the book I never knew what was going to happen. I liked the struggle between good and evil. It was a very new approach to the same old angels and demons stories. I couldn't get enough!

Luciana is a Demoness who has created a poison that is lethal to angels and demons alike. She is extremely dangerous and the company of angels will do whatever it takes to stop her.

Brendan is the Angel that has been given
Vicky
This is the second in the 'Company of Angels' series. Though I did not read the first one - yet! - it is not necessary to know what's going on in this one. The backstory is woven in expertly without being overbearing.

In this story, Luciana Rossetti, a rogue demon, has escaped her captors and is back at her home in Venice, Italy. It is the night of the blessing in the church and the night she will chose a victim to sacrifice to the devil, an annual rite she follows in order to stay out of Hell. S
Beth Dawkins
Sep 10, 2012 Beth Dawkins rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
3.5

The Demoness of Waking Dreams is number two in Chong’s The
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Feb 27, 2013 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it liked it
In the history of books, there have been worse endings than this one, I'm sure. But I can't think of one off the top of my head. I know it's bad form to start a review by talking about the ending, but it must be said. This is a romance novel. It's supposed to have a happy ending. I'm even good with a happy-for-now ending. Be warned, this has neither.

Still with me? Let's talk about the rest.

The female lead in this book was actually one of the villains in Where Demons Fear to Tread. She was also a
Mary (BookHounds)
Oct 10, 2012 Mary (BookHounds) rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

Luciana is a centuries old demon and thrives on the darkness of her soul. She must make a sacrifice of a human soul each year to keep her life on earth. This year she has missed her deadline by a few hours because she has been detained by Brandon Clarkson, a cop turned Angel enforcer in order to take out her evilness from the world. She manages to escape and complete the murder of a young opera star, but it isn't enough. Satan sends his henchman, Corbin to make a n
Mary (BookHounds)
MY THOUGHTS
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

Redheaded Bookworm
Sep 01, 2012 Redheaded Bookworm rated it really liked it
Good reviews are always hard to write. I want to just gush about the book, but I can't do that without giving away the plot. So, what I can tell you......I really loved the characters. The good, the bad and the ugly! They were all written very well. And as with any good book with a hunky character, I am smitten with Brandon. I even like Luciana who throughout the book does some seriously evil things! But, she's not as hard as she tries to act. The only one who can see this is Brandon. Brandon an ...more
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Originally posted at my book blog Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
I received this ARC from Netgalley for my honest opinion.

I will start off saying I actually really enjoyed this book, it’s well written, and has a plot that was original, and I loved it. I did NOT read the first book, and was thinking I would be quite lost, but found I was not. Stephanie did a great job of putting in important things from the first book, as dreams, or memories and such, in a very creative way. So it did not ha
Sandy
Sep 04, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it
THE DEMONESS OF WAKING DREAMS (Company of Angels #2) by Stephanie Chong

THE DEMONESS OF WAKING DREAMS is the second storyline in Stephanie Chong’s Company of Angels series. The Company is a heirarchy of ‘guardian’ angels under the direction of Michael, working to protect the human race. But while Satan’s demons wreak havoc and hell, one Guardian will find that his latest assignment will test his honor and allegiance as an angel.

Brandon Clarkson is a guardian angel. Ten years prior, as a cop in De
Alycia
"The Demoness of Waking Dreams" takes place right after "Where Demons Fear to Tread." Some of the characters are recurring. Luciana Rossetti, a somewhat powerful demoness was introduced in the first book of the series. She was evil, not likable, revenge and survival consumed her immortal existence. She was able to escape the Company of Angels and return to her ancestral home in Vienna where this book picks up.

Each year Luciana must make a sacrifice to the devil to stay above ground and not in h
Tash
Sep 24, 2012 Tash rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

The Demoness of Walking Dreams is a book that is hard to write a review about as it doesn’t fit the stereotypical adult paranormal book of this genre. It tantalizing, sexy and leaves one craving the next book as this story doesn’t leave a satisfying ending for readers. There are a number of unanswered questions and where it goes next is anyone’s guess.

Brandon was gunned down in duty and with his dying breath appeals to Michael,
Marianne
3.5 stars.

Book number two in the Company of Angels series. Still a fight between good vs. evil, but here the lines are slightly blurred. I appreciate that in a book. Guardian angel Brandon is not as pure as our previous angelic heroine, and we certainly get a better explanation of why our demoness "heroine" turned out the way she did. Not only that, despite her evil nature, readers are treated to glimpses of an inherent goodness that she herself refuses to see. (view spoiler)
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin Mamas
I have been waiting forever for this book. Well...not forever, but it felt like that. I absolutely love "The Company of Angels" books by Stephanie Chong. I fell in love with the characters in the first book in "Where Demons Fear to Tread" last year. I just knew I would love this one too.
I remember, the female character, Luciana in the first book and I was excited to read more about her in this book. (I really did not like her in the first book...but she grew
Karissa
Dec 16, 2012 Karissa rated it it was ok
This is the second book in the Company of Angels series by Chong. I did not read the first book in this series, but each book in the series is supposed to stand well on its own. This was an okay read, but pretty typical paranormal romance fare. I didn’t hate the book, but I was pretty ambivalent about it too. I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Luciana is a dangerous Rogue demoness and has been a demoness for centuries. Brendan is a relatively new G
Joshua Burns
Mar 01, 2013 Joshua Burns rated it it was amazing
As Seen on Rabidreads.ca:

The Demoness of Waking Dreams, for all the stereotyping that title opens us up to (you know he said, demoness said games) throws a refreshing pail of grey over the protagonist, her “captor/savior”, and their respective minions/superiors that matches quite nicely with this very musty but very atmospheric Venice.

The pacing lets up on occasion for some very interesting and long-winded backstories. (Most of the time though, one can look forward to colorful chase sequences a
Mel
The Demoness of Waking Dreams is the second book in Stephanie Chong's series, The Company of Angels. It tells the story of Rogue demon and poison creator, Luciana, and police officer turned angel, Brandon.

We met Luciana in the first book in the series, Where Demons Fear to Tread, and honestly she was my favorite thing about that book. I wasn't very impressed with the first book and wouldn't have read this book had it not been about the complicated and intriguing demoness, Luciana.

Brandon is a f
Vera
Oct 14, 2012 Vera rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book *six* stars, I would. Vaguely reminiscent of Laura Kinsale at her historical best, but definitely its own voice. It is fresh, beautifully written, head-and-shoulders above the majority in its genre, a true high-caliber contemporary paranormal exploration of redemption (and the slow complexity of it). The characters, "good" and "evil", entwine together in a yin-yang dichotomy, and the emotional interaction is truly lovely and haunting. It helps that the portrayal of Veni ...more
  • Heart of the Incubus (Demons of Infernum, #3.5)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Mark of the Witch (The Portal, #1)
  • Wings of Redemption (Return to Sanctuary, #0.5)
  • Sins of the Fallen (Academy of the Fallen, #3)
  • Warrior (The Fallen, #3)
  • Awaited (Wasteland, #2)
  • Savage Bond (Fallen, #3)
  • To Hell and Back (League of Guardians, #1.5)
  • Demons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • All For You (The Nephilim, #1)
  • Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
  • Covenant (The Books of Raziel, #2)
  • Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy, #2)
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • Human
Stephanie Chong worked as a lawyer at a top-tier Canadian firm and completed five university degrees before landing her dream job: romance novelist. Her degrees include a J.D. and a Ph.D. from the University of Toronto, and a Master’s in Creative Writing from Oxford University.

When she’s not writing, Stephanie enjoys yoga, traveling and outdoor adventures. She lives in Vancouver with her husband a
More about Stephanie Chong...

The Company of Angels (2 books)
  • Where Demons Fear to Tread (The Company of Angels, #1)