Start by marking “Over the Mountain” as Want to Read:
Over the Mountain
Preview

Over the Mountain

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the sleepy and isolated English village of Inklesham lives 15-year-old Jenna Adams. Life is quiet for Jenna: She fills her diary and her days with midnight rainstorms, working at the local pizza shop and thoughts about her school friends - and enemies.
The arrival of the new boy in the village throws Jenna's life into a spin. Scott Thomas is like no one she's ever met,
Published (first published January 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Over the Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Mountain

Nikki  Peterson
Mar 24, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nikki by: ARR via Making Connections Group
What I was expecting and what I read were two completely different things. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. I really did enjoy reading the book and it kept my attention and kept me wondering what in the hell was going on and what in the hell was the big secret. I'm not really sure what I was expecting exactly, but it was an enjoyable surprise.

The book is done in a diary format, not expecting that. However, it worked. It is the diary of the main character Jenna, a 15 soon to be 16 yr old girl
Sitt
You can readily finish the story. It is held in the form of a diary, which actually works. It is written from the viewpoint of the main protagonists Jenna, sometimes involving the view of her uncle Clark, with whom she lives since her parents passed. The writing of the diary was inspired by Jenna's love for a specific book " Anne Frank " as one of her favorites. Though I don't see how Jenna's story might be as memorable and one to be loved reading over and over. The end of the story appears in t ...more
Lynxie
Tony I hate that you made me cry!

This was raw, sad, emotionally packed and thankfully short! I don't think I would have gotten through much more... The words were all blurry from the tears.

Don't read this book if you want a happy read! Read this book if you want to experience depression and anguish of a teenage girl.

Over the mountain is written in diary entry form, which may not be to everyone's tastes, it really did work though! I hope to never feel that way! Ever!

Some things I noticed (before
Debdatta D. Sahay (b00k r3vi3ws)
Jenna Adams, the protagonist, is an average teenager living with her Uncle Clark in the sleepy little village of Inklesham. She is not a skinny supermodel or a super popular sort we usually come across in books and movies. Instead she is someone we all can actually identify with. She lives her life in the best way one can in a small community where everybody knows everybody, filling her time with school, friends and her Journal. Then a new family moves into town and Scott, the cute new guy at sc ...more
Sep 08, 2012 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I got this book as a gift form the author so Thank you Mr.Talbot :)

In the beginning i told my self its just another story of high school life and getting away from your friends and meeting new people
But what i found is something totally different .
Body Abuse , Suicidal Thinking , Mature Characters for teenagers

Too much suicidal thinking over no reason
I might buy a set of sharp knives and do the same considering how my life is going on although m living great considering the people who lost the
Linda Todd
Linda Todd marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Mollydee
Mollydee marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Jenny Alkire
Jenny Alkire marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Nour
Nour added it
Dec 04, 2012
Tony Talbot
Oct 25, 2012 Tony Talbot marked it as my-stuff  ·  (Review from the author)
Tanja
Tanja marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Emma Louise
Emma Louise marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
Sheetal
Sheetal marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2012
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2012
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2012
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Glass
Glass marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2012
Lisa J. Finesse
Lisa J. Finesse marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2012
Tony Talbot started writing short stories in 2008, after a dream he had and couldn't shake; Finally his wife told him to write it down or stop talking about it.

He wrote his first Young Adult novel, Over the Mountain, in 2008, and has completed several others and a growing raft of short stories since.

He lives in a village in Leicestershire UK, with an American wife he met online and a cat called Bo
More about Tony Talbot...
Eight Mile Island American Girl Medusa Taken The Trunk