Start by marking “Flower of Scotland” as Want to Read:
Flower of Scotland

Flower of Scotland

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In the idyllic summer of 1912, all seems rosy for Murdo Drummond and his four children. Charlotte is ecstatically in love with Geoffrey; Peter prepares for the day when he will inherit the family distillery, while Andrew, gregarious and fun-loving, is already turning heads and hearts. Nell, the youngest, contents herself with daydreams of a handsome highlander. The Great W ...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Little, Brown Book Group

To ask other readers questions about Flower of Scotland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flower of Scotland

Book Wormy
Flower of Scotland Emma Blair

I would class this as a family saga which I dont really tend to read apart from Penny Vicenzi who I love lol.

The story revolves around the Drummond family in Scotland they own a premium whisky making factory and seem to have it all until the outbreak of WWII.

We see the story from the viewpoints of several family members and their own individual experiences of the war.

If you like happy romantic novels this is not for you, its quiet a bleak story and while certain fa
Sue
Saga about the Drummond family. It starts well, but there was too much sex and violence for my tastes, early on in the book. The plot seemed to focus on prostitution, betrayal, and rather cardboard characters. Eventually I gave up and read the last few chapters. It was easy to see what had happened, so I didn't bother to read the middle. Unimpressed.
Josie Rideg
A story which demonstratesd how the Great War (wwi)affected and transformed everyday lives of families, especially womenb, and how it transformed a whole generation's attitudes and way of life.
Elaine Mcinnes
Good read.
Ms. Beak In A Book
Ms. Beak In A Book marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Stephanie Blair
Stephanie Blair marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Lainy Thomson
Lainy Thomson marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Zadj
Zadj added it
Nov 17, 2013
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Shakespearean actor, Sydney lifeguard, Scottish newspaper journalist, American high school graduate, playwright and now number one best selling novelist, Iain Blair has packed more than most into his sixty something years. But while millions of regular fans enjoy his 29 published novels, none has ever heard of Iain. Why? Because they only know him as romantic novelist Emma Blair.
More about Emma Blair...
Half Hidden Scarlet Ribbons Wild Strawberries Forget Me Not Goodnight, Sweet Prince